Am not sure if this sport is for me !

Hello Dear runners ! 

I am 23 years old ( fortunately ), I have started running three days ago and the run I've made 1.5 Km in 9 minutes (unfortunately)(10 Km/h),, the 1st 0.5km 2:59, the 2nd 0.5km  3:08 ,the 3rd 2:45 and the last 0.5Km 2:45 !!   as soon as I finished the 1.5 Km I was totally tired and I couldn't run any addtional meter !! I don't know how is my performance? and Am I going to make 5km ? What are your advises ? what program do you recommend ? or maybe I should just quit image  

Comments

• Don't give up. Google for "couch to 5k plans" pick one and follow it. Running hard and fast all the time will end badly. Your speed at the moment doesn't matter, run at a pace you can hold a conversation at, if you can't then slow down even if it means walking. It takes time to build up.

• Many thanks CunningFox. I've been told that following cooked plans isn't a good idea, because the man who made these plans is making assumptions ;about me and others whom will use his plan; that might be true or false ! you said that it will take time, yes, but how long in my case !

• As cunningfox says- try a beginners plan, alternatively, just go much slower, and take walk breaks if you need them, and build up very slowly. 10kph is probably much too fast to be starting at- don't give up, just slow down, and take it easy- you need about 6 weeks or so for your body to start to really get into the rhythm of it, and you should expect things to get much easier during that time- it might be faster for you, as you are young, but don't over - do ot , or you'll end up injured and/ or disheartened.

• Thank you tricialitt ! I

• You would not attend a martial arts class and expect to be the same ability as a black belt, it takes time to get there and you build up gradually.  It is exactly the same with running, while Couch 2 5km is aimed at people who are relatively unfit to begin with it does help your body adapt to running in a sensible, structured way that will help prevent injury.

• You're right Elisabeth ... I feel like I'm getting it back ,  yesterday I runned 4.5 Km in 29 minutes !!  

• image so from thinking you cannot do it, to nearly running 5km in a week image 

• I personally run with hiit. I find this less boring than distance and just as good for fitness and health with added growth hormone for good measure.
  • Aside from just spending time working at it and building your ability, if you're eager to increase your speed surge running is good for that. You can research it more, but the basic idea is that you "surge" your speed (but not sprinting!) for roughly thirty seconds at a time during your run, and then give yourself a few minutes to recover, before doing it again.
  • Aside from just spending time working at it and building your ability, if you're eager to increase your speed surge running is good for that. You can research it more, but the basic idea is that you "surge" your speed (but not sprinting!) for roughly thirty seconds at a time during your run, and then give yourself a few minutes to recover, before doing it again.
  • When I started running I was the same as you, I just seemed to hit a wall really quickly. I found just dropping my pace and aiming for distance helped. I ran my first marathon 8 months later without following any plans.
  • I've just started running too and my best advice like other is to run slowly to start. It's so mental. I'm finding that after about 1km is feels hard but actually you are just warming up and it gets a bit easier. You can do it just don't expect too much too soon and be disciplined.
  • I'm new to this as well, 25 years old. I love running but I don't feel any good at it. I feel tired all the time and I feel "too fat to run" but I'm sticking to it. My dream one day is to run a marathon and doing some 5k's (for fun, some chipped and for charity) will get me there. Happy to be your newbie chat buddy if you need it!
    "it does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop"