First Aid Kit

What first aid kit items do I need to satisfy the requirements of the FRA ? I'm running an ultra soon and there's a first aid kit in the compulsory equipment list. I've emailed the FRA but so far haven't received a reply.

Comments

• To be honest-  blister plasters, some of those cleaning wipes in case of cuts/ grazes, some tape/ strapping of some sort, and possibly some paracetamol ( but NOT an anti inflammatory), plus some sort of lubrication ( vaseline or sudocreme) is probably all that's useful. The race should usually provide some sort of first aid cover, so they will have stuff that's accessible if more is needed.

Much more important would be a foil blanket, head torch with enough batteries, map (and ability to use it) and a mobile phone, plus some cash...........as well as enough food/ water and clothes to survive if you sprain your ankle and have to wait in the middle of nowhere for a couple of hours waiting to be evacuated.

• tricialitt wrote (see)

"Much more important would be a foil blanket, head torch with enough batteries, map (and ability to use it) and a mobile phone, plus some cash...........as well as enough food/ water and clothes to survive if you sprain your ankle and have to wait in the middle of nowhere for a couple of hours waiting to be evacuated."

Absolutely! And the number of people who complain at the idea that they ought to carry basic survival stuff like clothes to avoid hypothermia is staggering.