HOLA! May I Board The Ship??

Hello Pirates!

Please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is PK, aka the 'iron-rookie' and I am currently in the final chapter of a most amazing journey!

2 years ago I was unable to swim more than a single length front crawl, I hadn't ridden a bike for over 15 years and I couldn't run more than 10 yards without wanting to stop.

I since went on to complete super sprint, sprint, Olympic and 70.3 triathlons, together with 5k, 10k, 20k and marathon runs inbetween - so what? I can hear you saying - what do you want? a lollipop?.....

Please allow me to explain....

I am now training for the final leg of my journey, Ironman UK, Bolton this July.

I recently bumped into some pirates, who seemed like very good blokes indeed, and they pointed my in the direction of the excellent pirates website.

When I read about the 'aero pringles', and then the little girls pirate sticker, I felt like I had just met a 'kindered spirit'

When I went on to read 'So people who take themselves too seriously or demand respect because 'they are great triathletes' soon loose interest, so we are left with a great bunch of people with a huge can-do attitude who aren't afraid to laugh at eachother and themselves in the process', I was hooked.

Coming from Bolton, we have learnt to become very good at laughing at ourselves, you have to be..

I am in the process of writing a book about my journey and am also blogging each week about my training adventures for IMUK.

I would be most grateful if you would consider embracing me and allowing me to share my weekly blog posts on the forum, as well as joining in with the discussion along the way,  I feel sure I am a pirate at heart and your support would be very much appreciated!..

You can find an example of my blog here:

http://iron-rookie.com/ironman-training-week-4-of-28/

Thank you for creating an excellent forum and here is to your amazing journey's!

Comments