Overdone it?

Comments

• Hello. This is weird.

Skinny - There was a warning saying they were moving over to a new server and anything posted after midnight last Monday would be lost.

Happy belated birthday's to Pete and Bob.

Mace - that's a bit shit. Hope the couple of days rest and the pills do the trick.

My mate has injured himself marathon training and so can't do the Stamford 30k this weekend, I've never ran a 30k race before (and I'm trying to complete the full set of race distances) so I've taken it off his hands. Should be interesting as I've not ran further than 13 miles since ljubly marathon at the end of October. Also planning on having a bit of a go at a parkrun on Saturday plus 8*1 mile at HMP on Thursday. I can see the wheels coming off and distributing themselves all over the Lincolnshire countryside on Sunday lunch time...  

•  Just the two races Tommy? Standards are slipping. :o
  • I think they've added tagging but it doesn't seem to work properly yet...

Test - @literatin @mace

• Tommy2D said:

I've never ran a 30k race before (and I'm trying to complete the full set of race distances) so I've taken it off his hands. 

This made me laugh! In your view Tommy what exactly is the full set of race distances?
  • macemace ✭✭✭
    Skinny - as our earlier posts were removed in the swapover, i did answer your question ( following my report of an awful 4.3M run this morning when i hobbled the last few hundred yards ) as to why i would be a silly twat and try to run a marathon off shit fitness and an ageing, decrepit body. Not quite a quote but along those lines ;) And what my training plan would be.

My answer was, yes, you're quite right !!

And my plan is to run as many easy miles as i can and make a decision in 9 weeks time when hopefully my fitness would have improved enough to jog round. If not, i'll stay at home and watch it on the TV
  • :) It was said slightly tongue in cheek! However, I would like to do all of the distances which McMillan uses, although probably excluding the 100 miles.

• macemace ✭✭✭
    A pal of mine is doing the Arc of Attrition next week which is 100 miles along the Cornwall coastline over rocks and generally shit terrain. I was going to go along and support him but, to compound his expected misery, the weather forecast is particularly nasty so i think i'll stay at home.
  • I imagine you'll have to organise some sort of club event to try and tick off the shorter, slightly more obscure ones.
  • I bet it ends up being further than 100 miles too mace!
  • The Arc of Attrition looks horrible.

If I was going to do a 100 miler in the UK, I'd probably do the North or the South Downs Way 100 mile races as these are qualifying races for The Western States race, which I'd love to do but the qualifying process and lottery makes it nearly impossible to get in to.  

•  

That'll be down to the incredibly tasteful finishers prize  :o

•  

There's something weird going on, if you access the forum with your phone, it reverts back to the old site where DT is posting... 
  • Hahahaha - I've just visited so I got to read Mace's original reply after all.

I think David Falconer would be having a field day if he was still around.
  • You don't appear to be able to edit a post either.

• So I managed my 14 mile MLR tonight which is good but now I can't sleep which is bad! 
  • Arse. (still sore)

So this is where everyone is. I'll try to regurgitate last night's late night post (which didn't save) when I also couldn't sleep.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    yes, most of us are still innocently posting away over there....can't we all go back there? This is not great to use from a phone. Anyway, feel ok after yesterday's intervals, nose still blocked. Planning 10 at easy later. 
  • macemace ✭✭✭
    I don't like this version but i guess will get used to it

No run today after yesterday's disaster just some more Ibuprofen and foam rolling

I'm not giving up, or at least not yet
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    it's a standard reaction to any new format. I remember when Facebook used to introduce such changes regularly, there would be a public outcry. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I do like the interaction possible on posts with the 'like' and 'disagree' type buttons. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I've just done a lol on skinnys post above re not being able to sleep.....how exciting. 
  • You can un-lol as well in case you accidentally find something funny and later regret it. Exciting times indeed

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    but can you see who has liked it lolled your post?
  • Yep if you hold the curser over the lol or like or whatever button it shows who's given you some kudos for your post.
  • The disagree button is a very useful addition.

• It's a little bit infantile - is this what Twitter and Facebook are like?
  • I tried to both disagree and lol in an ironic lol-ing fashion on Lou's post and you can't do both.

Why oh why do they try to put us in boxes like this !? ;)

Facebook is the same Skinny, except it's seething with Brexit anger and Lit pole dancing.

Mace - That is crap, Skinny and DT have made good points (very sensitively I might add :y: ) and they even made me think on. I left myself 12 weeks to prepare for London and lost a couple of weeks already (which makes me pretty nervous) and like Skinny I was starting from peak fitness. However lots can change for the better in 9 weeks so definitely keep the option open but above all live to fight another day. I really hope you can make it and not have any more setbacks. 

Thanks for asking about the arse, it is still murder sitting down, kind of sciatic nerve /piriformis irritation I think as ibuprofen takes it off. Running isn't too bad now provided I take it easy and spend some time on my feet before starting. I managed to anger it tonight though as I missed a kerb in the dark and had a jarring landing.

Skinny - Totally sympathise with the hectic schedule and trying to fit (marathon) training and recovery in, I've resolved to just do what I can and race based on whatever my fitness level comes out at. Less stress that way and I can maybe 'enjoy' some of the long runs that way. (I 'did' my missed long run of 18 miles today ... albeit across two runs).

DT - Seems like a hellish session, irrespective of the metrics ... 4k of VO2Max with a blocked nose on a treadmill !

Lit -

• macemace ✭✭✭
    Facebook is great if you want to know what people are eating, who is ill and who has done some exercise. And who 'likes'
  • Having a quick browse around the new forum, I see that we have our own "wall" for people to throw crap at ( I assume that is equivalent to the old private messages ) and that you can link to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. The profile pic stuff is broken and says I'm not allowed to change my pic.

And it has a badges reward system. I wish I could opt out of badges (and race medals * )

The solid gold luxurious must-have-item is the Save Draft feature.

* except ones you can sell on ebay

• I've never noticed the 'Women' tab on the site before (it was there, but titled 'Womens' on the old site).  Takes you to the Big Womens Index - I thought it better not to venture further while at work.