Sub 3h15

Comments

• Gul Darr

10/02/2017 at 06:20

GM - tidy lunchtime run. Should be on for a good parkrun.
    6 easy miles this morning. Runhub is now a separate website to runners world, so I was half expecting to see the new forum fully installed and this one gone, but obviously it still hasn't happened quite yet!

Bike It

10/02/2017 at 06:26

GerardM wrote (see)

Bike it - Nice to hear from you. Glad things seem to be on the up for you job wise and hopefully you can get the injury sorted soon. I presume you wont be doing Comrades this year?

My target is still to run the Comrades.  It is still achievable if I can get going by end Feb or mid March even.  Then I would need to run a qualifying marathon by the beginning of May. Let's see if it is possible.

Leslie H

10/02/2017 at 07:02

Gerard looking promising for the parkrun

Gul we will just have to wait a while longer then 

Bike it nice targets goodluck.

8.01m at 8:01 pace nice !

Joolska

10/02/2017 at 08:27

Aargh! Still two versions of the forums. This is crazy! 14 last night and 11 today before a massage

MsE

10/02/2017 at 17:40

Well, I don't like it over there so am staying here until I'm evicted. 

Nice consecutive MLRs, Jools.  How you cram it in with your work and music commitments is quite impressive.  I sat down for a Msc last year and everything went to pot for me.  Put on weight, glutes switched off, had no time to run, actually forgot how to run...  

Good to hear from you, Bike It!  Sorry to hear about the ongoing injury.  But if I remember correctly you are well versed in coming back from injury. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate with your work in any case.  Congrats on that role.

Nice 6 easy miles at Gul O'Clock.  Glad the hip seems better.  Did you finish with any morning sun appearing?

Speedy on that recent 5K from you, Gerard.  Do you stretch afterwards? And do you do all the warming up stuff with drills before speedwork?

OO - retirement beckons!  What a big change to contemplate.  More time to run?  More time to drive your new car? You can take up yoga soon.

That was an impressive 13 miler a couple of days ago, PMJ.  

So this week marks the week I tried to start running again, 3 weeks after turning my ankle (and saying sayonara to the thought of racing in Manchester).  I've gone for just 50% of the prescribed volume at an easy pace and it is holding up OK, so far.  Tomorrow I will try 8-10 miles to see how it holds up.  Fingers crossed it will and I can repeat next week before moving on a bit after that.

Birch

10/02/2017 at 18:05

Was holding on posting 'til new forum up (naively thought wouldn't take long), but seems here we stay for the foreseeable  . . .

Good luck with the comeback, MsE . . .

welcome back, BikeIt & congrats on new job . . . 

Jools - had you done the 11 before posting today? If so, fine effort after 14 last evening (well, fine effort anyway, but esp if early ) 

Odd week here - 16 last Sat (my new longest run) , then zeros Sun - Tue, park session on Wed (appx 4 miles of effort within 7 mile run), 9 yesterday (legs tired), 3 jog today.  Must look for a race or two  . . .  

Good family result last week, though - son smashed his (and my) 10K PB with  34:07 at Dewsbury  . . .

• MsE

10/02/2017 at 20:01

34:07?!

MsE

10/02/2017 at 20:01

(thud)

GerardM

10/02/2017 at 20:35

Bike it - Well I hope you make it to the start line.

Birch - That's a very impressive 10k from your lad. Nice one!!

MsE - Please don't shout at me.....but no I just go. Terrible I know but I'm quite lazy. I've never done drills per se. Fingers crossed your 8-10 goes well and you can crack on now. 

OO54

10/02/2017 at 20:47

Cracking run by Junior Birch.

I hope things get better Bike-It take care of yourself.

I'm having a decent week. 35 so far and parkrun tomorrow.

OO54

10/02/2017 at 20:47

Cracking run by Junior Birch.

I hope things get better Bike-It take care of yourself.

I'm having a decent week. 35 so far and parkrun tomorrow.

The Runner Formerly Known as Lorenzo

10/02/2017 at 22:49

I'm clearly not the only one who's confused by what's happening with the website - zero out of ten for communication from RW.

Super impressive stuff from Birch Jnr - you must be very proud.

Fingers crossed on the comeback MsE - need you fit for the Ultra in the summer!

Good to hear from you Bike It - hope that things sort themselves out in time for Comrades. How many is that you will have done.

I'm still trying to throw off the last remnants of the lurgy but I've managed to get out for the last few days. 8 miles in damp, chilly conditions this morning - not that pleasant at all. Trying to decide whether or not to take part in the XC league race tomorrow.

• Gul Darr

11/02/2017 at 06:42

Bike It - that would be very impressive - hope you reach your target!
    Leslie - that's neat. 7 miles @ 7:00 m/m today?
    Jools - good back to back MLRs.
    MsE - no sign of the sun I'm afraid. Great to hear you're back on the road; here's hoping it all goes well.
    Birch - congrats to your son - that's a brilliant 10k PB.
    Lorenzo - I would have thought the lure of mud would be irresistible! Glad to hear you're on the mend.
    7 steady miles this morning and all seems fine.

GerardM

11/02/2017 at 11:04

Gul - Good news that all seems fine with you know. 

Lorenzo - Same here, still coughing especially at night time and after most runs. XC could be tough especially if you're not 100%.

Tough parkrun here this morning in awful conditions. Did my usual warm up of a mile and wasn't feeling it at all. Sleet, hail and strong wind at the start and for the first mile or so and I think most of the sensible folk stayed indoors. Got into a race with 2 guys and was 3rd about 3 seconds behind both at the last turn and up the hill with 500m to go. The off road section was muddy with some huge puddles and that mean having to jump over some and I couldn't catch 1 & 2, so ended up 3rd 7 seconds behind the 1st guy to finish in 19:32, average pace 6:13 on Garmin which was a tad dissapointing. If there was ever an opportunity to take the win today was it, but hey ho maybe next week will be better. 

Leslie H

11/02/2017 at 11:54

Birch your son is in a different league to us old wrinklies  

Gul nice steady 7, I've a long hard run tomorrow so no 7m/mile milling today,easy does it for me  ! Good you are pain free again 

Gerard you were robbed ! ,I only ever had one chance of a parkrun win and led for most of 2.5 miles to be whipped by 4 secs   We will just have to get faster   although the winning times now are way out of my league most weeks at sub 18.

5.4 very easy ones this morn ,did my first double run yesterday as I just can't get the miles in so 5 last night at 7:47 m/miles. Trying to follow P&D loosely but on 12 hr shifts its all but impossible with 4 long runs a week demanded 

Birch

11/02/2017 at 12:37

Gul/Lorenzo - good the injury/illness issues seem to be receding . . .

Gerard - that's a cracking parkrun in the conditions . .

Leslie - hang in there - I remember fitting the training in around those 12 hour shifts -
                 certainly don't miss those ! 

12 this morning with a pal - sleeting as we left mine, then climbed out of the city to eventually be running in a inch of snow underfoot, with grey gloom around the fields - very atmospheric, though & an enjoyable outing .

GerardM

11/02/2017 at 18:10

Birch - Thanks, it was a filthy morning. Sounds like you enjoyed yours. 
  • Leslie H

12/02/2017 at 11:39

Birch snow is a bit of a novelty and sounds like you have a great time.Have been chopping and changing the schedule and trying to make it fit .

17 this morn at 7:15 m/mile average.

1 easy ,then 7 steady at 7:30 then 8m at 6:52m/mile or as near as I could get  and 1 steady to finish

A  twinge at about mile 5 on a steep incline had me stopped briefly but I was able to get going again slowly but hills seem to flare up my hammy ,seems okish on the flat  The mara pace was into a headwind most of the way too which made it much tougher than it should be ...Glad that ones over 

66m for the week.

Edited: 12/02/2017 at 11:40

The Runner Formerly Known as Lorenzo

12/02/2017 at 13:05

Sounds like a tough session Leslie - hope your hammy is OK.

GM - congrats on the podium place. 19:32 in those conditions is great going.

Pretty enjoyable 5 miles worth of XC for me yesterday - muddy and undulating, but no crazy hills. Unfortunately we've finished bottom of the league, so Div 2 beckons for next season.

It did mean that my legs weren't in tip top form for today's session - another fartlek / progessive combo of 6 miles easy (which included running up Box Hill so not that easy), 5 miles of 90s @ 10K pace and 90s easy, 2 miles easy and then 3 miles hard. The last 3 miles were tough, especially the 1 in 5 stretch so I'm logging it as hard effort, rather than impressive pace.

42 miles for the week, so getting back into the swing of things.

SBD.

12/02/2017 at 15:15

That sounds like 2 days of touch sessions Lorenzo but good to see you building the mileage back.

Good LR with fast MP miles Leslie - what's the marathon target?

Running in the snow sounds fun Birch.  Congrats to Junior on the 10K PB.

A fast PR time on a tricky course GM although it's understandable you're disappointed by the lost opportunity of a win.

Good to hear everything's working as it should Gul.

Strange week for me.  Had a few problems on last Sunday's 20 mile run and then different parts of the legs complained throughout the week. Had a couple of half hour sports massages but still not feeling 100% yesterday.  Today was Wokingham HM and I only made a decision to give it a go last night.

Conditions were not too bad, cold with a biting wind, but at least it was dry. The general plan was 18 miles with 13 at MP, so a five mile warm-up at 8 m/m and then on to the start line. OK, the plan said 13 at MP, but the aim was to run as fast as I could with a target of sub 1:25.

Caught sight of another threadster after the first two miles at 6:30 m/m, who was at the back of a reasonable sized group.  As we were running in to the wind, I thought it would be a good idea to catch the group up and get some shelter but the effort required (mile 3 came out at 6:15 m/m) was probably a bit too much.  So through 5 miles in 32:11, but I was beginning to struggle from there on.  Miles 9 to 11 at 6:55, 6:53 and 7:05 were bad but I managed to pick it up over the last two miles to finish in 1:26:51.  A couple of laps of the park warm-down to get the obligatory 20 miles for the day.

Not too unhappy with the race, the legs feel in reasonable shape and I still managed to run 75 miles for the week.  Eight weeks to Brighton, so time to start sharpening up the speed.

OO54

12/02/2017 at 17:19

That sounds fab to me SBD great effort!
    Plodded around 18 today for a 58 week.

OO54

12/02/2017 at 17:24

And a cracking parkrun by the way Gerard, always good to be in the mix.

• Bike It

12/02/2017 at 19:13

Good result SBD.

I've done 4 Comrades Lorenzo.

51km this morning on the bike and hip strength work out tonight.

Poacher

12/02/2017 at 19:14

Been away as ever, missed loads of stuff, has the RW web relaunch gone pear shaped? Can't see much difference on here

Quick read back, from which:
    Bike It - you are a resilient campaigner, and it sounds like you might still make it to the Comrades start line.  Knowing the demands as you do, you'll be able to make the right decision close to the day. In 2015 I had virtually DNS'd with a week to go but glad I persevered, although running 56m on tarmac while injured was hellish.

00 - nice wheels, Japanese designers know their stuff. Don't worry about retirement, then is plenty of life and diverse work opportunities after leaving a corporation

Nice run SBD, still on target for sub3 in spring?

Bit of running here plus some biking which is the priority. The only way to keep warm after the boiler died last week just as it started to snow in the Peak. Just what was not needed! but survivable.

Half way through Feb, those spring maras are getting scarily close

Abbers

12/02/2017 at 20:06

Poacher - scarily close indeed! 8 weeks to go, and that includes the taper, so getting to the pointy end of things. Biking must be chuffing cold at the moment.

Good effort at Wokingham SBD; still a decent result, and eyes on the bigger picture.

Great parkrunning GM!

Good to see BI back posting again and with definite plans on both training and work fronts.

Solid stuff from OO.

P&D cut back week, so 43 total miles with a longest run of 14 on Saturday morning pre-birthday celebrations for my brother which included plenty of rugby and beer-related activities. Scheduled rest day today!

• Gul Darr

13/02/2017 at 06:57

GM - don't be disappointed with the parkrun - you said it was awful conditions so I think that's a good performance even if you couldn't take the opportunity for a win.
    Leslie - must be a nightmare trying to fit your schedule around 12 hours shifts. Cracking long run again.
    Birch - nice running in the snow.
    Lorenzo - good run to end the week.
    SBD - that's an excellent HM at the end of a 75 mile week. Hope the legs are back to normal.
    OO - good mileage for the week.
    Bike It - keep at it!
    Poacher - good to hear from you. Running and biking will keep you warm.
    Abbers - enjoy the celebrations and rest!
    Rest day yesterday and got up early today. My run was cut short though when I desperately needed the loo just after 14 miles. Ended up taking a short cut and walking the last half a mile home to avoid disaster and just made it! Just felt too cold to go back out and finish the run afterwards, so logged it as a 14 miler.

OO54

13/02/2017 at 09:37

We’ve all been there, Gul, and worse…

• SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Monumental achievement Gul - you need a special award for services to the thread!

• Thread IT guru - top-marks Gul
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I am posting on the new page, just to see what happens. Can't say I'm impressed so far, has anything got better?
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Well I guess this is it- the future. Long live the king etc.

Kicked off the week with a plodding 12 miler over the fields and the last of the daylight. Gonna miss those fields when I leave.

• @? Does this new web version not have "followed threads"?  And why has Gul got an avatar pic but others haven't?
  • Had a reply in just before the forum was culled lol

SBD great time in a big 75 mile week ,if that's mara pace you will be sub 3. My target is the same  but I haven't a half time yet but it's looking  like it may need to be adjusted to match the speed (or lack of it ) of my legs !
    Bike it 5th comrades on the way for you 
    0054 cracking weekly miles 
    Gul 14 is plenty for a monday ,I sure you were very glad to get home !
    6 creaky ones this morn .

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    It's a new dawn! It's a new day!  It's a new paaaaaage! And we are here for now!
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Apologies for the me post for now.  I will have a read back but good to see that a quick scan seems to show everyone running well.  I managed a reduced mileage week last week totalling 25 miles and will aim to top that this week.  Seeing the ankle consultant on Thursday (with an MRI scheduled to peek inside!)  Was quite gloomy until I saw my coach yesterday for a sports massage and form check.  He really is quite brilliant and after releasing my psoas, everything fell back into place and I felt back to my old self.  He has given me some form tips but says I look nice and rangy(!)  So hopefully the MRI will not show anything ominous and I can try ramp up the miles to join some of you in London on 23 April :-)
  • Gul - You deserve a medal for that. Thanks for restoring our historic posts! Glad you managed to avoid a potential disaster and 14 miles is a very good start to the week. 

OO - Nice start to the week too.

Leslie - How's that hammy of yours?

SBD - A very good outing at Wokey. Looking good and after a very big week too.

MsE - A friend of mine who is a yoga instructor is always on about the psoas. Fingers crossed for the MRI and it must have been good to get a boost of confidence from your coach. You're due some good luck.

I had a recovery day yesterday after a big night on Saturday and managed to get two runs in today. 3.1 miles on lunch at 7:17 pace into a fierce headwind again on the way back and then 5.5 miles tonight at 7:19 pace, temps back up to double digits again thankfully but still blooming windy . I was fortunate enough to bump into a pal of mine and ran the last 4 miles with him as he was finishing a 15 miler. Hoping for a quality week this week with a few more miles than I've been managing in recent months. 

• X-Post - Poacher - If you click on your name it brings up your profile and if you look at the top right hand side you will see the option to edit your profile. Click on that and then look on the top left of the page and choose option to change picture and select and image from your pc or whatever device your using where your photos or images are saved to and then upload the image and then save as your avatar. That should hopefully do teh trick. 
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

A good double GM, even it was windy.

Great news MsE - hopefully you get the all clear from the MRI scan.

Poacher - it's early days for a sub 3:00 target, but if I can avoid injury and make some progress with the speed sessions, I might be tempted to give it a go.  Of course, it's been 7 years since I last dipped under 3 hours so perhaps a GFA time of 3:20 might be a more sensible target!

• SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

I'm in race planning mode at the moment - has anyone ever run the Rhyl 10 mile race?  Apart from getting there and back and the likelihood of windy conditions, I'm tempted ...

• MsE - that's great news - sounding really positive! Hope the MRI can help you get a good diagnosis on the ankle. Mrs GD finally has her MRI today after a physio diagnosed her with potential femoro-acetabular impingement last year.
    GM - good double there.
    SBD - yes, I imagine Rhyl must be a bit of a trek for you!
    5 mile recovery run d&d.
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Gul, you absolute star. Thank you for the cut and paste.  I feel whole again!  Hope Mrs Gul's MRI marks the turning point for her. Any light yet on your early 5 miler?  MrE has resumed his morning dog walks today declaring the sunrise to be sufficiently early to fit one in before work.  That was an excellent 17 the other day by the way.

SBD - no, how many weeks out will that race be?  What are you hoping to get out of it? The wind would put me off.  I hadn't realised the Tadworth 10 was essentially a xc race and the event provided more of a training run than a feedback race.  Well done on Wokingham.  A decent time on the back of a 75 mile week.

Gerard some speedy stuff from you including a near win at parkrun.  Great running.

How are you feeling, Lorenzo?  Did you race xc in the end? Hope the lurgy has gone.

Are you on road or mountain bike, Abbers?  I really should be biking to claw back fitness but I get so nervous on roads at this time of year and don't know enough off road routes to venture out confidentially on the mountain bike. As an Iron friend said though I need to get confident on those bikes so they offer an alternative when I need to step back from running.

Half term here and am I glad I have the treadmill.  Aiming to run just 50% of the prescribed volume this week again with some faster spurts here and there to work the heart.  Just over 5 miles yesterday with some rolling hills at pace.  Due an easy one today so will include some yoga and core.
  • AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the new look, but guess it might just take some getting used to... will have to try and find a suitable avatar.

SBD - 3:20?!? You're way faster than me, and that's my target! I'd be happy to have a personal pacer, but fully expect you to be a couple of miles up the road! :)

MsE - good luck with that MRI. Sounds like you're on the right track though. I'm very much a fair weather cyclist, especially on the road bike. Don't venture out in the winter unless I can't run for injury-related reasons. 100% in the trainers at the moment, at least until after Brighton.

Gul - great work with the posts :)

Nice 12 from OO and double from GM.

Working from home, so will be venturing out for one of P&D's midweek double figure runs at lunch.

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    SBD - excellent effort - you can roll back those 7 years and go sub-3  :)

OO - double digit run always a good start to the week  . . .

Gerard - good windy double  . . .

MsE - good that you have t'mill this week  . . .

bit of low level lurgy here since my snowy 12 on Saturday - may try a short outing later  . .
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Woah! what the hell is this!!?? :o
    I turn my back for 5 mins and the makeover team have been in. Not sure I like it but on the plus side it doesn't look like a running forum from the other side of the office.  :p

Anyway, sorry for not being here for over 2 weeks, I've been injured and therefore, sulking. A couple of weeks back I did a 15 miler with the final 3 miles saved for the parkrun. Unfortunately there was a delay and I stupidly raced the thing rather than stick to the 7.25 pace I had been doing. Finished 12th out of 410, 3rd in age group, 20.15 on a very muddy, slippery 3 lap course. 

Thought I was OK but a couple of days later it was clear I'd hurt my glute and hammy. Rested for 6 days, lots of icing, stretching, core work and then cautiously got back into it. Pain is there on every run but it's manageable. I had the same injury last year but on the left side, so I know how to manage it. Got 42 miles in last week including a 17 miler at 7.45 pace on Saturday. Was supposed to be 15 but the final few miles felt much better than the first few, I bagged a couple of bonus ones.

The first mile was rough, I have a bad head cold and spent most of it puking and gagging. Pushed on and all turned out well. Due to injury and illness I didn't do the XC league which was a real shame.

Got a 5 mile fartlek done last night, averaged 6.53 pace and injury feeling better with each run. Just got to keep icing and rolling. Rest night tonight, Woking are at home (interesting convo with the wife!)  :D

Gul: I had FAI a few years back. Had the operation and never looked back. Took 9 months to  get running again but the op is defo worth it. Let me know if you need more info for Mrs GD.

Time to read back...

GD

• RichNRichN ✭✭✭
    Hi all, not sure i like the new forum look, but then i don't post much anyway.  

Quick scan back show's some very solid running going on all around. 

SBD - nice run at Wokingham off a 75 mile week. I wasn't too far behind, but off a cut back and hence much easier mileage week. Came home in a new PB of 1:27:41. Happy with that as the aim was to maybe squeak under 90 mins. Big confidence booster for my sub 3:15 aim at London. 

One issue though. I got a bit of cramp in my right hamstring in the last few miles on Sunday. Heart and lungs would of let me finish a bit quicker but my hamstring protested when i really pushed. Cramp slowed me in the last 3 miles of my last marathon too. I never have an issue with cramp in training. 

Anyone got any thoughts or ideas on why its occurring in races? Do i need to strengthen more or is it a fuelling issue? 
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    MSE great news you are back at it

GUL I hope Mrs Gul gets sorted soon

Gerard hammy hurt quite a bit yesterday but plenty of massage has helped and it actually felt better after todays thrashing ..though it will hurt a bit later no doubt ! Nice bit of double run speed from you.

SBD 3:20 ?  Are you having a laugh lol ? :D

Birch take it easy

Gdawg puking then sticking 2 extra on the end that's the spirit !

RichN id say cramps might be to do with hydration ,maybe increase your race drinking a little but when you are working at 100% cramps can arrive at any time.

14m today at 7:24 average.
    1 easy , 4 at 7:30, 4 at 6:20m/mile  then met my coach so tagged a few easy ones on as it was only supposed to be 10m.

• AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Birch - hard to avoid the bugs at this time of year! Hope it clears up quickly.

GD - flippin' 'eck! Injured, ill and still turning out the miles! Sounds like you're coming out the other side of it now though, so onwards and upwards.

Rich - congrats on the shiny new PB! Super time, especially if it was with cramp issues towards the end. The cramp thing seems to be very personal. Are you a heavy/salty sweater? Do you take anything during races, gels, etc?

Leslie - cracking mid-week run, impressive stuff.

Knocked off the 12 MLR today, a rather more sedate 8:06 general aerobic average.

• SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Those MLRs are the bedrock of a good marathon time Abbers.  Anything can happen in 8 weeks - perhaps you can pace me to a 2:59 on the day!

A swift 14-miler Leslie - I'm sure the coach didn't spot the extra miles. 

Excellent PB at Wokingham RichN - that should convert to Sub 3:15 with a bit of change.  What is your marathon PB?  For cramp avoidance, putting some faster miles on the end of your long runs or mid-weeks MLRs (eg last 5-8 miles at MP - 10% or even MP) may help.  Eating anchovies for the days leading up to the race is another approach I sometimes try!

Sounds like you've been through hell and back GD - hope it continues to improve.

MsE - I'm following the P&D plan, so 10m/10K races 2, 4 and 6 weeks out and a HM 5 weeks out.  I have the Shakespeare Raceway 10K (well recommended for anyone chasing a fast 10K time) scheduled for 4 weeks out but just trying to find races for the other Saturdays.  The default option is to do a double Park Run (1 lap solo, 1 raced) but 10 mile and 10K races would be more effective.  Rhyl looks fast and if there is a wind it's likely to be a cross wind, so, apart from the 3.5 hour drive each way, it's tempting ...

I can see no one is impressed with my 3:20 GFA target (my last attempt was a painful 1:32/1:41, so 1:39/1:41 would be much more enjoyable!) ... 9 miles steady today after 6 miles recovery yesterday.  This is a cut-back week (I shifted the P&D weeks to accommodate Wokingham) so hopefully the legs will be nicely recovered for the 4-week race phase starting next Monday.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

MsE looking forward to your ramp up, both here and on Strava

Nice double Gerard- quite a tasty pace too!

SBD- targets at this point in time are a bit pointless, but I do hope you get enough confidence to 'come out' with a sub 3 target.

Birch- you of all people falling for the lurgy!

14 miles in bag Leslie and great pace.

GD you stole my thoughts. The only good thing about this format is that it looks a normal word doc. in the office :) I can post with confidence.

Welcome Rich. I also get thigh cramps in my longest toughest races. I think training at race pace could help, and a good hydration and refueling plan.

8 miles here in 7:45 pace. That's 38 in 3 days. I have a club team race Saturday 4*2 mile road relays- the V50's going for gold in the NE Champs. So I'll be tapering later in the week and hence the early miles.