Options

Paris Marathon 2017

Comments

• Options
    LloydRLloydR ✭✭✭
    Nells said:
    Oh bother, looks like RW have deleted the last two weeks of posts from the Forums...
    Oh dear. Need a thumbs down button for that.
  • Options
    TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Nells others may have already said this(pre deletion) but well done on 20 miles-fab!
  • Options
    Kenno - can you add me to the list please? 64520, grey pen.
  • Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    Thanks TBO! Something seems to happen to me when I go form 18 miles to 20. I can do 18 quite happily, but the 20 milers are much harder work! Knee still a bit sore, but it gets better if I move around a bit, so will try not to be too static this week!

I really dislike this new format...  :/
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Kenny - please add me: 73942 pink pen. Thanks. 
  • Options
    Hello everyone - I put a post up last night on the old forum and now its gone and everything has changed. Not good for a technophobe like me - where did my post go I wonder ?
    This is all new and different ... best get used to it I guess
  • Options
    kennokenno ✭✭✭
    RR and FRG2 - added.

RR - you kept that quiet....

PARIS 2017 list

Yellow pen (3:15):
    9672 - Steve Duffy 2
    10207 -  Maccatheknacca

Blue Pen (3:30):
    17108 – MattL
    17165 – LloydR
    20620 - Stuchbury
    20621 – Kenno
    22198 – Mahdu2
    23303 - TT

Purple pen (3:45):
    29172 - Baldstan
    29451 - Pistol101
    29460 – Yer Maj
    29643 - AspirantRunner
    29691 – Eggyh73
    33449 - ryantilley

Green pen (4hr):
    43209 – Nells
    43640 - andrewr123
    43794 - Never Give Up Girl
    43975 - Franz Wanzenboeck
    44052 - Betzza
    44674 – Benign Murmurring

Grey pen (4:15)
    63685 – Mandydebs
    64520 – Running Rodent

Pink pen (4:30+):
    68714 – Tired Legs
    69792 – Kirsten B
    68965 – RoddyMac
    73942 – FRG2

To find your number/pen - log in to your ASO account - http://www.asochallenges.com/,
    there is a large red box to the left of the screen, click 'my order' and your details are there. You should be able to change your pen on the day if required. Someone will post on the forum when the Convocation (a piece of paper that you HAVE to take with you to the Expo) is ready to download, normally a couple of weeks before the race.

• Options
    Training run, Kenno  :)
  • Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    I saw your post Pancake, so it did really happen! Looks like things are going well for you, and it's always good to find yourself speeding up a bit and the hard work paying off! I managed to get a parkrun PB on Saturday - my first ever sub 25 minute, and it's a quite hilly course so I'm a bit pleased with myself about that. Will see if I can get close to replicating it next week!

My Avatar seems to have turned into a rather frightening pink pumpkin and I can't seem to be able to change it. I think I'll try again in the morning...
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    I see I'm a matching scary blue blob, Nells. Does Paris have a Halloween theme?
  • Options
    1992km1992km ✭✭✭
    Hello Nells, Kenno and all

I'm number 63796 and I'm in the vert section. 

Also running the Hillingdon Half on Sunday 19/2 and am registered for the Berlin marathon on 24/9. 

Learning much faster than my running:)

thank you!

• Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    As it's been deleted from yesterday, here's the latest list again... Let me know if I've missed anything!

Feb 18: Winter Railway Ultra - Tired legs.
    Feb 19: Hampton Court Half - Franz Wanzenboeck, Wozzamills. Bramley 20 Miler - Pistol101. Hillingdon Half - 1992km .
    Feb 26: Brighton Half Marathon - EHN. Heartbreaker Half Marathon - AspirantRunner. Cambridge Boundary Run Marathon - Smudgerncfc.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 5: Pafos Marathon - Andy-W-. Milton Keynes 20 miles - Chris 1875, Pistol101. St Helens 10K- ryantilley.
    Mar 12: Bath half - Chris 1875. Southend-on-Sea Marathon - kenno. North London Half Marathon - ryantilley, Pistol101, Nells. Barcelona Marathon - Nodster.
    Mar 19: Reading Half - The Jimbob, Pistol101. Alloa Half - KennyM.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 2: Manchester Marathon - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2, Chris 1875. Bungay Black Dog Marathon - Smudgerncfc.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 7-17: Marathon des Sables - Dannirr, Nodster.
    Apr 9: Paris Marathon
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 17: Boston Marathon - Slinkyminky. Chasewater Easter egg 10k - Chris 1875.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday. London Marathon - The Jimbob, agentpenguin, LeggyMountbatten, Smudgerncfc, chris 1875. Hamburg Marathon - KennyM.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    Apr 26: Nells' birthday.
    Apr 30: Birmingham 10k - chris 1875.
    May 1: Milton Keynes Marathon.
    May 7: Lichfield half marathon - chris 1875.
    May 14: Leeds Half Marathon - Andy-W-. Draycote water half marathon - chris 1875.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 27: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon - Andy-W-, Orbutt, LeggyMountbatten. Liverpool Rock n Roll Half - Chris 1875.
    May 29: Vitality 10,000 - The Jimbob, Nells, TBO2.
    Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 6: Comrades - Nodster, Running Rodent.
    Jun 11: Bahtat marathon - Karen Bowman 2.
    Jun 23: Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday. Wythall & Hollywood 10k - chris 1875.
    Jul 1: Birmingham black country half marathon - chris 1875.
    Jul 8: Timbermonger 10k - chris 1875.
    Jul 9: Leeds 10k - Andy-W-.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 6: York 10K - Andy-W-.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 17: Worcester 10k - chris 1875.
    Sep 24: Berlin Marathon - Slinkyminky, LeggyMountbatten, chris 1875, Smudgerncfc, baldstan, 1992km.
    Sep 26: Hayley B's birthday.
    Oct 6: Slinkyminky's birthday.
    Oct 8: Yorkshire Marathon - Andy-W-, Chris 1875. Chicago Marathon - Nodster, Nells, The Jimbob.
    Oct 15: Birmingham Marathon - Chris 1875, LeggyMountbatten, AspirantRunner.
    Oct 22: Great South Run - Loubella.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.

Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 30: Stuchbury's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr: Two Oceans
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to marathon running, Paris being my first at 26.2, I started running last year and got in four HM before year end so looking forward to stepping up and taking the challenge of Paris. Thank you for all of the posts on this forum, the tips / advice have been a great help to a newbie like me and takes a lot of the stress & worry out of find where to go, what to take etc for Paris.

I will be number 43613 in the Green pen
  • Options
    Welcome to the thread Hatton2009!
  • Options
    hello all!

i'm running Paris this year and have a very random question! Do any of you know which (if any) gels will be handed out? Ideally i'd like to test them before the big day to check my body reacts okay to them, but i can't find this information anywhere on their website or anywhere else online!

thanks a lot,
    Chris
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Chris welcome to the thread!

I may be wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing any gels being handed out during the marathon. There are some stations with fruits and things like that, but I can't remember any with gels. I may be wrong though, as I carry my own and wouldn't be on the lookout for any.

Personally I'd look to carry your own gels. A lot of people use gel belts to carry them. I have a pair of Ronhill running shorts that have pockets for gels in them, that I use on marathon day. I've also just tucked them under my watch wristband in the past too.
  • Options
    Thanks Eggy. That would explain why there's no information on them!

I was planning on carrying some anyway as i try to take one every 30 minutes.... this just means i'll carry a few more! Cheers for the tip, i didn't think that shorts specifically designed for gels would exist, i'll have a look! 
  • Options
    Hi,
    An enquiry on behalf of my son, who's running his first ever marathon in Paris. He may well have many questions but his first is:
    What's the easiest way to get from the finish line to the Eurostar station?

I'm fairly sure this info is available on the site, but please forgive me for finding 33 pages of posts a tad daunting to go through.

Thanks

Peter
  • Options
    Petergam - If you're going to Gare du Nord for the train, Metro line 1 or 2 from Charles de Gaulle-Étoile Metro Station will take you there. It's worth noting that the Metro Station can be very busy at the finish due to the amount of runners and families/friends, so make sure you have plenty of time to get there.

Chris - The shorts are Ronhill Trail Cargo shorts. They're the only shorts I've ever found that have gel pockets in them. I prefer that to gel belts, but I only carry four gels for a marathon.
  • Options
    1992km1992km ✭✭✭
    Hi Chris Sykes

the website says they give fruit and sugar cubes which is different. I was hoping for viennoiserie and danishes. 

my plan is to hold some gels in a second arm band - the sporteer ones seem deep enough. 

rahul
  • Options
    FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    I slide gels into a flip belt.  Not sure how many it will hold - currently 3 + phone fit very easily. Would probably double-up if you need more. 
  • Options
    Hi - yes, they give out sugar cubes, raisins, oranges and bananas, but not gels. From memory, I think they also have some kind of nasty sports drink, but it appears too late in the race to be of much use. Better and safer to bring your own supplies and just use the water supplied, there's plenty of that.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain the only sports drink station is near mile 20. The others are just water.
  • Options
    thanks everyone :) 
  • Options
    Hi Nells and everyone else

Well done Nells on your sub 25 min Park Run - that's great going

I have checked out my Paris entry and I am 75874 in the Rose 'Pink' pen for 4.30 plus.
    I am looking forward to my first (20m) run this weekend and then on 5th March I am doing the  Milton Keynes 20 mile and on 26th March Yeovil Half Marathon.

I still cant quite imagine running 26.2 miles but one way or another it will happen. In my head I will be happy with anything less than 5hrs on my first one. That's what I am aiming for anyway .. the best laid plans of mice and men and all that ..
  • Options
    Hi All!  Dean here 20771 and in the Bleu pen.  I've have also signed up for the breakfast run on the Saturday, but now plan to do Montsouris parkrun instead.  First Paris marathon and my 4th overall.  Good luck everyone else and I hope the training goes well and you all stay injury free x
  • Options
    Hi Guys, its been a little while since I was here... sorry

Kenno - could you add me to the Purple Pen please with No 37420 and also doing the breakfast run this year.

Nice to see so many new names on the forum, welcome to you all. 2016 was my first Paris marathon and this amazing group of people made it a very special. :blush:

Nells - could you add me to the Thanet 20 on the 5th March. Thanks. Fantastic effort in your sub 25 park run :smile:

Nodster - I see you're down for the Kent Roadrunner... I thought you said not more multi-lap marathons :smiley: I'll prob join you again for that one.

Pistol101 - I see you've got a few races packed in before Paris... I'm thinking of running Reading.

• Options
    Dean - Welcome to the thread!

I've always done the Breakfast Run when I've ran Paris. I've not signed up for it yet, but being a creature of habit I can see me doing it again this time. Even if only for the free pan au chocolat and coffee.

I'm off the physio tonight. I've done something to my hamstring and I was in pain just walking with it earlier in the week. Although as per sods law it's feeling a lot better today now I have the appointment booked. My cousin passed away yesterday evening after a two year battle with cancer, so that put into perspective my mumping about a sore hamstring.
  • Options
    NellsNells ✭✭✭
    Oh Eggy - sorry to hear about your loss. You're still allowed to complain about your hamstring, but perspective always helps to make things seem not as bad as all that. x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Eggy. Sending a virtual hug - will save you a real one for Paris  :/