The Thousand Mile Club - 2017

Comments

• Harmander - the number of replies to a thread is shown on the General Running tab homepage (click General Running tab on left hand side of screen to get there)- this is reply 301, so total posts = 302. Once it gets into the thousands it seems to round to the nearest hundred, but I don't think that will be a problem for us!
  • NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    Well done on the half David, good running from everyone else.

Managed an easy 5 miles on Friday evening, intended to go out yesterday as well but didn't get round to it. Was meant to be a cut back week although not quite that much, only 13 miles for the week. Back on it this week hopefully!

Feb 39.2
    YTD 144.7
  • Good day folks and well done to all our racers.

A very slow 9.55 miles this morning, off-road across sticky fields and along squelchy paths. Heavy going but pleasant enough, in bright sunshine but with a chill easterly breeze.

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Think the old forum is dead and gone! Clicking on forums in old site just brings you straight here, to the Brave New World of RW pale and uninteresting forums.

Does anyone know how to access new discussions? I Can't see a way of looking at who's posting a new topic (or even find most of the old ones) and recent discussions seems fixated with some from about 2014.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Mind you, clicking on events above still takes you back to..

EVENTS UPDATE - ANY EVENT ADDED AFTER 01:00AM ON MONDAY 30TH JANUARY 2017 WILL NOT BE MIGRATED TO THE NEW EVENTS PLATFORM. 

so obviously still a work in progress.

ps. just making a few comments in the knowledge that for each one its an extra mile (?) for Harmander,  >:)
  • NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    There's a menu, which stupidly you don't seem to be able to access from a mobile, but it has a "recent discussions" link which takes you here https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussions
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Think I can see what you mean Nick, but why does recent discussions show a thread from 2004? Only RW knows and they're not telling.

On a more lighter note, and just to see what happens

Thought I'd provide Little Nell with the full unexpurgated pic of my new tights, smooth huh?

ps, Think all those nice ladies in my "train" all went by me in last 5K, no wonder they're smiling, and its not just the view of my derriere.
  • NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    I think the "sticky" threads are also sticky in the recent list, for some reason. You can click the settings icon (next to the bookmark star) to hide them from the list.
  • Now they are snazzy tights ... much more so than my Ron Hill tracksters :)

Have a "like" from me Sir, just to show that I'm down with the kids with this soshul meeja stuff.
  • Harmander - I think little scar = bags! :)
  • Post your views on new thread here:

What do we really think of this new site??

• Eh, what's that Stylish? Speak up!
  • No need to shout!

I actually accessed the site on an ipad yesterday and it fits the screen perfectly if you rotate the ipad so that the screen runs down the longer face of it.

It is rubbish on a pc or laptop though!

• Little NellLittle Nell ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Howdy forcibly migrated pardners!

No running to report... not even any Pilates as I missed my class due to staying late at work to try to address my instrument problems! Just popped in to see if I could see the new pic of my old pup as my avatar... woo hoo - success!!!

Also couldn't turn down the opportunity to follow Muttley's lead and do a big ol' LIKE of senidM's tights (and people) pic - they are genuinely great tights, are they actually New Look's own brand or were they stocking some brand name gear?

Stylish - will post some thoughts on your other thread... since you mentioned it in such an understated way  :D
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Little Nell, tights are NewLooks own brand, they have some nice stuff, although even I wouldn't wear the matching long sleeve top at the same time!

If they had a swoosh on them - £79 all day long, but as NL, 60quid cheaper, and as for first impressions, good quality.
  • Hmmm... we have a New Look in town - might have to pop in at the weekend... thanks, senidM!
  • Evenin' all,
    10 miles yesterday split across 2 runs. Can't believe we're already half way through February. Time flies...

YTD 142.2
  • 'ello... 'ello... 'ello... what's goin' on 'ere then?

Nice daily double there 20TO10 - I'm a big fan of doubles... Stylish is not so keen though  ;)

Legs were a bit achy yesterday after Sunday's 18 miles but I had completely forgotten any leg grumbles today and did a nice speedy track session - very happy with some steady fast pacing. Total of 5.50 miles including w/u and c/d.

YTD: 215.18 miles.
  • \\decided to lower the mileage for the week but as it was \valentines \day \i increased my speed (being Valentines Day I was chasing women of course).
    11.33 miles making:

YTD = 336.18 miles (rounded)  -  More than a third of the way there.

Got Hampton Court Half on Sunday where i will be pacing for 2:30 (as practice for the 5:00 for the London.
  • Afternoon all.

You're going well Nell ...

For me 6.27 miles today, comprising 6 x 1km tempo with 1-min recoveries, paces varied a bit across reps due to obstacles like dozy numpties with mobile phones, dogs and small children, gradients and twists and turns. Pleased overall. Now for another cuppa because the first one barely touched the sides.

• First ever attempt at a "Fartlek" run today only 4.1m at 6:39 pace, not bad but can probably do a lot further/quicker.

YTD: 69

Feb:53
  • 4 easy (9m/m pace) miles this evening, so 91 YTD
  • I worked it out - don't ask me how. Got the picture you will see on RW Pacers page soon.

Nell, how much have I changed (no not my clothes but features) 
  • Oh and I am a mile a message now too.
    Two weeks ahead of prediction
  • Afternoon All,

I have added a profile pic of me and my good lady wife, only taken at a friends wedding last year, ah how cute are we? 

Thanks NickWorthing was fun.

Good luck, not that you need it to Harmander for this weekend, the pacer I followed last weekend was spot on, I am sure you will be too.
  • Duncan that pretty impressive pace there.
    Nell / Muttley - I'm a shy person really. Don't say much and just keep quiet.
    7.15m last night. Not a good run as I was running on empty. Might not make target this month. 
    YTD - 119.38

• YTD 129.6

Are we in a running boom? I was toying with entering a local 10k, fund raiser for a scout group, limited to a 1000, sold out almost a month in advance.
  • Stylish -'I am a shy person really' - Really? Compared to Trump maybe but only just  :)
    You will make the required miles I am sure.
    Thank you David Charman - will let you know how it went.
    Yes Donnie2, I was trying to sneak in another marathon before London but all those close to me are full.
    Another 13.46 miles (a bit slower than Tuesday's run) makes 
    YTD = 349.64 miles
    Got two half marathons on consecutive Sundays - annoying as I would have preferred to do 18 milers to keep the mileage up - guess I will have to do an extra run midweek (while 'er Indoors is not looking.
  • Harmander - will you get past 400 by month end? On course for about 2500 this year I think.

4.5 miles for me last night, including 2.5 miles at tempo (which for me is currently 8-8.15m/m pace).

95.5 YTD

• Donnie2 said:
    YTD 129.6

Are we in a running boom? I was toying with entering a local 10k, fund raiser for a scout group, limited to a 1000, sold out almost a month in advance.
    Does seem so. Loads more people out running these days in Reading but we do have the half marathon here in a month. I guess it might quieten down after that.

In the meantime, 5.03 miles easy this morning, nothing too energetic as I have a 10-mile race on Sunday.