Friday 17th February 2017 I thought love was only true in fairy tales

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Training

Morning!

Lyrics: I thought love was only true in fairy tales

What: long run

Why: have been putting it off all week, and M71 has said he will run as well. Got to believe it will do me good but have woken with a sore throat. Will report back later!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• What: undecided
    why: sore early this morning but could do short run or swim after work
    last hard: yesterday evening
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: no

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Road Rage by Catatonia

Hope the sore throat comes to nothing and you have a good long run Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that you're sore OH. Hope you feel up to doing something later.

What:                 nothing
    Why:                  wouldn't be sensible
    Last hard:          being sensible
    Last rest:           16/2

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse, hopefully the sore throat gets lost on the run!
    lmh, I hope you are ok
    oh, take care
    alehouse, I am sure I should know your lyrics, I don't know what's wrong with my brain lately!
    what: easy 2 later
    why: park run tomorrow
    have a good weekend all, off to see my mum finally! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

LMH:  I really hope you are feeling a little easier and not in too much pain today 

OH: How are you today?

Ale: I hope the cough does not develop.

What : Nothing

Why: Still feeling ill

Last hard: Not running:neutral:

Lyrics: Yes

Alun has it a lot worse than me but I am hopeful I can be running tomorrow

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Morning again!

Hope you make parkrun tomorrow, Wabo!

And trust both LMH and WP get out for a run tomorrow.

Sore throat wasn't too bad on the run, but had several sneezing fits instead! It may be a reaction to the painting, or more likely all the dust that seems to be created in the prep work.

What: 80 mins off road with M71

Why: building! Or progressive consistent consistency: last six weeks have been 64/66/70/62 (cut back week)77/80. Was tired today! Kept having to sing today's lyrics to keep me going! and yes, you will know them Wabo! I wonder if you watch the band on TV when you were little?! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • <b></b><code>OK having googled, I have to admit (shamefaced) that I do know the words to sing along to most of it.<br> Today I have learnt to bookmark favourite threads ( the star on right of T<b>hread Title)</b><b></b>

• and obviously still some learning to do (sorry about the formatting!)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ALEHOUSE  100% I'll be there this week as I have arranged it with a mate and won't let her down, plus I need to get on Eton Manor's club 5k rankings (by age so being old it is good for me) ha ha 
  • Ale, glad it went well. All in the prep!
    Lot of illness on here so all get well soon.
    7 hours on the car yesterday interrupted by 4 useful hours of work so no run.
    What: Anything I can fit in
    Why: day slipping away and parkrun tomorrow
    Last Hard: Yesterday's drive
    Last rest: Yesterday?
    Lyrics: Easy for a certain generation and certainly made me smile

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh gawd course I know the lyrics....

• 2 mile stroll and a bit of phys. Ho hum. Roll on the weekend and hopefully 10k on Sunday :-)

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

March 09th is the date to move :-) Exchange on Monday all being well at last

been away in Bristol the last two days, managed to get a nice MLR in of 75 mins yesterday along Avon Gorge and then followed that up this morning with some laps and strides over 5k

Lyrics no

Planning for parkrun and a long run on sunday morning before a trip to the cottage as we look to knock Spurs out the cup :-) (sorry wabo - or may be I will be the sorry one - we will see come 1600 on Sunday)

Take care