The Thousand Mile Club - 2017

Comments

• I'm not sure when I last posted as I can't find it but I know it's at least a week ago and since then I've had a slow trundle around the Portsmouth Coastal Half Marathon course in a horrendous bitter wind off the sea, it's always a tough course but 2.07 represents a course PB for me!

did just over four miles on Tuesday before a steady 6.6 miles along the coast first thing this morning, taking a couple of rest days now before an LSR of maybe 15 miles on Monday!

Feb     45.36
    2017  11049
  • AndrewD,
    400 by the end of the month is my minimum target - and 200 a month thereafter - certainly till I get to 1000 - will review the matter when I get that far.
  • Just the 3 miles for me this evening as a little leg loosener before parkrun in the morning.

98.5 YTD
  • 5 miles at parkrun and a time of 22:08 on the watch. Passed 100 miles for the year in that run too.

103.5 YTD
  • This is like having my own thread at the moment! 

3.5 easy recovery miles this morning brings me to 20 for the week for the first time in a long while and 107 YTD.
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'm here too Andrew :) Nice Parkrun time....

10 mile race at Bramley near Basingstoke this morning. Ran hard but comfortably and turned in a whisker under 1 hr 23 mins by the watch. I'll settle for that, at 8:15 m/m. Last year I was well within the first half of the field and exactly halfway down my age category, looking forward to seeing how it panned out this year, I suspect slightly worse since I was 20 seconds slower.
  • Little NellLittle Nell ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ahoy-hoy folks... uurrgghh, I'm way behind with logging but today is spreadsheet day... so here goes...

Nice pacing in your Fartlek Donnie - well done!

You're going really well Andrew - 2017 is definitely looking like a better year than 2016 for you  :)

David, congrats on Worthing... and yes, you both look very cute!

Tee hee Stylish... just loud when you need to be  ;)

Nice going Matt - you also seem to be right back on form.

Excellent running by you Sir Muttley... both squelchy and racy - that's a nice 10 mile time! :) Bit disappointed in your lack of Hampton Court jokes for Harmander though... looks like it's down to me then.

Harmander, did you get your Hampton Court...

...run done today?  :D Nice pic too - you don't look a day older than your previous pic!

Well - since I last posted I've done 5.25 miles on Tuesday lunchtime, with the middle three miles at goal HM pace but this time paced on my own. Turned out at 7:57/mi., 7:51/mi. and 7:44/mi. ... so pretty happy with that in some very breezy conditions too!

Yesterday was a leg shake out in preparation for Wrexham Half today, totalling 4.53 miles.

Then today was Wrexham HM. The great god "The Plan" stated I had to do a Half Marathon in sub-1:45, so... I cranked out a 1:43:53... woo hoo - a PB by 3 mins 27 secs off a 7:53/mi. av. pace (please imagine me doing a big ol' Happy Dance right now!!!) BTW - I miss the old party hooter emoticon :(

YTD: 238.83 miles (that total includes 0.76 mi. of w/u at Wrexham)
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Me too at Bramley this morning, (I waved, honest Muttley, but perhaps you missed it in the crowd), for the 2 lapper. Made a nice change weatherwise, mild, not too windy and a fairly flat easy course.

Treated it as my LSR so target time of 3:20, but got very bored and negative splitted for a 3:04. Not sure if its very good or very bad, but I'll go with good until I fall apart next week. :/

YTD:224.19
    Wk 7: 33.3    

Good run at Wrexham Nell, always a bonus if there's a PB. :)
  • Nell - my updates
    Yesterday did usual 10.19 miles including Parkrun.
    AndrewD, thanks for the support - Today I paced for 2:30 at Hampton Court Half Marathon - did 2:28:58
    YTD = 372.93
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I seem to recall on last year's thread Nell and I were reporting similar paces. Not any more :/... excellent time, young lady! Sub-8 minute miling ... I recall doing that in the dim distant past ... Never catch you now.

I had a feeling you'd do well so I decided to leave you also the pleasure of cracking the Hampton Court joke ... it's an oldie but a goodie :D

Was looking out for the tights SenidM but failed to spot. Glad you had a good run. Not the most scenic of courses but a well-organised event.

Edit: forgot to update my total: 135.77
  • Excellent HM time Nell 

A little behind with posting so here's a catch up. 

Missed two runs as I wasn't feeling 100%.....Rest Is Best.....but very annoying!

Last Wednesday 15th Feb, Rugby Club Loop, 4.76 nice slow, easy miles.

Friday 17th - 5 miles. 1m W/Up, 3 miles @ 9:32 (uphill) 8:06, 8:07, 1m W/Dn. Got a little carried away with the 8m/m, should have been nearer 9m/m.

Sunday 19th - 12.4 long slow miles @ 11:00m/m including walk breaks, my furthest run for quite some time.

February - 54.46

2017 - 115.27

• Good running all. Signed up for my first race of the year yesterday, an 'undulating' Half Marathon a week today.
    Since I last posted I did a 30 minute treadmill run on 16/02 - 4.2miles
    A 30 minute out and back (ended being 30 minutes out and 27:26 back) - 8 miles on 17/02
    Then I did a hilly long run by feel today in preparation for next Sunday averaging at 7:24/mile -13.2 miles

Feb: 78 miles

YTD: 94 miles
  • Not updated for a couple of weeks.  On holiday this week in the Lakes so hoping to increase the mileage a bit - little and often at the moment.

YTD 135.4 miles

• Morning all,

Some great running going on this week :)

Muttley, nice run and time, I do like a nice 10 miler, shame there aren't a few more about.
    Nell, what can I say, fantastic running -1.43 well done.
    Harmander, well done spot on with your pacing, we would expect nothing less!
    Senidm, congratulations, great run and very respectable time.

If I have missed anyone, sorry (you are all doing really well)

This week for me, only a couple of runs to report due to starting my new crisp spreadsheet, so it was in the gym for "weight" training - Yuk, and a session in the pool which was actually quite enjoyable.

17.02.17 - 4.06
    19.02.17 - 3.12

YTD = 147.41
  • Thank you David Charman,
    I would like to maintain a two marathons a week distance until London  but am falling behind by about a mile a week - sometimes my nose is running faster than I am.
  • NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    Wow busy thread! Lots going on, particular congrats to Nell for the shiny new PB, good racing from others and generally looks like some good running all round.

Since my last update, I've done:
    6.3 miles easy on Monday
    8.2 miles tempo on Wednesday
    3.1 mile at parkrun (new PB of 19:30 - much better than I expected)
    20 miles yesterday

Giving me a total of:

76.8 Feb
    182.3 YTD
  • Well, turns out that in the 10-miler I was within the first half of the field but 2/3 down my age category this time instead of being the middle marker last year. Harrumph. But it's a small event with a lot of club runners so they must have had a particularly quality field this year. Obviously. That's what I reckon and I won't hear otherwise >:)
  • Thank you Nell, it's great to be running ok again but I definitely feel a sense of trepidation as I make my long runs longer and longer, similarly I'm a bit nervous about pushing to raise my pace even on short runs as I'm just very aware that pushing too far too soon is precisely how I lost most of last year to injury.

Having said all that I had another good long run this morning managing 16.4 in just under three hours however today was all about distance rather than time, which turned out to be somewhat fortunate seeing as I actually lost my left shoe (temporarily) in the mud at mile three which was bad enough except for the fact I then lost my right shoe in the mud a few yards later! You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after the first one went. Anyway, the rest of the run was uneventful and it was pleasing that each five mile segment was quicker than the previous one.

Feb     61.76

2017  126.89
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Nell - well done on the PB! 

Can't remember when I last posted so I'll give the last week ...

Tuesday: 6.8 miles with 4 x 100 m strides and 2 miles @ HM race pace (too fast - 6:53 & 6:44)

Wednesday: 4.86 miles recovery run

Thursday 3.22 miles, recovery run

Sunday: 0.32 mile warm up, followed by Half Marathon - PB of 1:31:33 (avg pace of 6:57), absolutely delighted as my previous PB was set on this course in 2015 and was 1:35:11

Today: recovery run, 3.83 miles 

YTD: 230.78 miles
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Nick W2 - just noticed your PB too; great run!
  • YTD 139.7 

Well done everyone. I'm, more or less, on target.
  • Great 5k Nick :)

Hills session tonight, warm up, 8 x 2 minutes with walk recoveries, warm down for 5.66 miles in total.

February - 60.12

2017 - 121.93

• Many thanks for the PB good wishes folks - I can only hope that will convert to my goal marathon time in 6 weeks!

Great running from you, senidM - I think you should take the big negative split as a win :)

Well done on another precise bit of pacing Harmander - very nice (and for not biting at my Hampton Court bait :wink:)

Many congrats on your PB too Nick - your running is sounding very good at the moment... you've got to be feeling confident for Manchester now!

Muttley, you are still better than the median runner at Bramley (and I agree with you - there were probably some fast ringers brought into your age category for this year's race!) - I don't think you'd be that far behind me... I reckon you'd find an extra bit in the tank if there was some direct competition :smiley:

JR that was a nice long run on Sunday - good to see you getting the miles under your belt and great hill session today (hills for me today as well!).

Well done on signing up for the euphemistically undulating HM Duncan, and excellent long run at a great pace - sounds promising for next weekend.

Happy holiday Pinkcat!

Happy to hear a new spreadsheet has come into being David :smiley: - good cross training sessions along with your runs.

Nice LSR Matt - glad you managed to finish with footwear intact despite the mid-run mishaps!

Ace HM PB Clag!!! A pace I could only ever dream of - well done!

As previewed above, hill reps for me this lunchtime - 7 x long hill (~320 m of ~5% gradient) totalling 5.94 miles... legs were tired at the end though!

YTD: 244.77 miles.

• Afternoon all. Good to see you back in action Matt. Well done to all who have been out there clocking up those miles.

Nell, I would guess that your target time for the marathon should be 3:50 -  4hrs, with the proper training in place.

For me an easy run today plus some strides at the end, in all 5.93 miles. In nice new shoes too. Always feed good, the first run in a new pair.

• "feel" good, doh.
  • Thanks Nell and Muttley, it's certainly great to feel the freedom of being able to run where and when I want again! Went out after work this morning with no watch again so no time pressure as I just wanted a relaxed run following Monday's LSR. All in all a very leisurely 11 mile trot with a nice big hill in the middle and a climb up 17 storey's worth of stairs just for good measure, I did have a rather cheeky little train ride to get me most of the way home before I did the last 2 miles though. :)

Feb      72.76
    2017  127.89

• 5.65 slooow miles added this evening. Will catch up with everyone's efforts this weekend. Happy running! 

February - 65.57

2017 - 127.38

• Well not much activity from me recently. Feb has not been a good month. Anyway Parkrun and a bit last Saturday and a 5m run last night which seems all good but the fact is i'm still feeling tired and even on shorter runs I'm having to stop a few times and I'm not running fast. I should be doing a HM this weekend but no way am i ready for that. I was thinking of going along and do as much as I can (8Mish) and the just pull out. At least I'll be able to run with people instead of my own. 

YTD = 128.38
  • NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    Stylish, hope you feel better soon.

Did 3.7 jog-commute back from the train station on Monday, wasn't really enjoyable, my rucksack was chafing a bit on my neck (I need to think more about which top I wear as it's been fine previously) and it felt quite hard work for a very slow pace, though carrying 3-4 kg in my rucksack and having done 20 the day before probably contributed to that. Then did 8.2 tempo last night, went pretty well. Started off slightly slower than normal as wasn't feeling great, but sped up the last 3 miles (and had someone to chase!) so came out same average as last week.

Feb 88.9
    YTD 194.4
  • Managed to battle through storm Doris this afternoon to record a 5 mile session including some intervals. Hard work, but quite good fun in a strange way! 

112 YTD