Well done RW what a mess you have made Eventbrite

this is my first post in here for years upgrades to a sytem that should have been years ago done now when this forum is ghost of iits former self 
The entry system is a disaster
I have used the entry system for a few years to upload our events
Not anymore. You have tied in with Eventbrite who are rip off merchants and will hoard all your info
So thats it bye bye 

Comments

• ah yeah just read terms and conditions 
    so its a 10% fee on top of entry to use Eventbrite either absorbed by the race or passed on to the entrants 
    Dick Turpin wore a mask 
    Come on runners World dont rip off people thought you were better than this 
  • this   website  is  awful    no ratings  of races list     use  to  love this  site  well  no more  i will use  uk results  or the races website  that i am entering  so goodbye
  • Yes, thanks RW for putting my two published races into draft without telling me.  Our runners have an alternative way of entering which I will direct them to use, so ultimately a financial hit for RW.  
  • no my mistake 12% fee 
  • For many years I have used the Runner's World website to register for races. I now see that they have completely changed it. It used to be so easy to scroll through the list and find races that appeal and are close to home.

Now when I search I indicate that I want races no more than 30km from home - I live in London - and they include in the list races in Wales and Scotland and all points in between. Then when I find a race I would like to run all I get is a description of the race with contacts, etc but no way of registering for the race. I do log in and have tried "My events" which takes me to a screen for races I am organising. I do not organise races.

Am I missing something that I should be doing? Perhaps they do not want to offer this service as before. Maybe now you need to pay a subscription and then you can register for races.

Please let me know the other websites you use to register for races.
  • SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭

Please let me know the other websites you use to register for races.
    fetcheveryone.com
  • Website looks good. Many thanks. I had not heard of his one before.
  • Eventbrite system is awful as a race organiser! Is it just me or does Eventbrite not gather information from entrants that we previously had collected on RW eg gender, dob and affiliated club?
  • HellywobsHellywobs ✭✭✭
    I don't know why more events don't use the Runbritain entry system.  It's free for entrants - do they charge too much for event organisers?  I find it a really good system, as long as your event is affiliated to England Athletics of course.