working at it slowly

Comments

•  morning all

happy cruising Sluggy and great news that SM is being cared for while you are away so you can just relax and enjoy :)

yes you're right DL some proper old style dad-dancing at weddings - hoorah! great that my boys are old enough to not care about looking cool and are happy to join in with the dancing - or is that just because they were drunk?

still hate this stupid forum its not working well for me at all - grrrr

• I have relatives in Sidcup, give them a wave!

Happy cruising Sluggy  B)

I am growing to like the incognito lounge .. at least the search function works !

I have been invited to a wedding in May, when I am planning to be in lanzarote, I am in two minds whether to go as I do need to save some pennies really but it *is* a cheap week away as I dont need to pay for accommodation, I have to reply to the invite by the end of March so at least I have a deadline

Picked up some new specs today, they are only distance ones as the varifocals are not ready yet so I can see for miles and miles but cant see the end of my arms   :)

another week of lates and nights to get through 

Happy mid week  :D

• evening

slugs - have a fantastic holiday, and hopefully SM will be settled and well cared for 

bloody long day today and tomorrow will also be long as I have parents evening :(
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

I would like to thank Doris who has saved me from a long journey today and enabled me to postpone a visit and catch up on a load of overdue paperwork. 

I would like to lodge a formal complaint against Vicks 'stop a cold' nasal spray. I used it first thing this morning and have suffered ever since. Followed instructions but it seems to have managed to fill my sinuses with a world of pain and all the symptoms I was trying to avoid. 

Hope your long day goes quickly MC. 

Good luck with the wedding dilemma M.eldy. There are worse conundrums to face!

Happy windy Thursday. Hope your fences survive. 
  • Morning

Sorry to miss waving Sluggy off on her travels........hope you enjoy cruising Slugs!  ;) (think this is a wink smilie....)

You still in Sidcup DL?  You could have waved down the motorway to me - don't get many people venturing into my county, albeit the distant reaches of it from my point of view :)

Chaotic couple of days at work having to write and give 2 2-hour training sessions and only just now getting my head round doing other work

Glorious day today - windy (but not bad by Plannitt Ffannitt standards) and finally some blue sky

Happy Thursdays one and all
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning 

Not in Sidcup any more- which seems a very popular place to be these days. Drove back - nearly forgot to pay for the Dartford toll and intended to get the train yesterday down to London. Watching the news last night I'm very glad I didn't try too hard - stories of people stranded for hours.

Had an email from Nectar this morning. I apparently have points equalling 38p. I am giddy with excitement. I may plan a trip to Sainsbury's this weekend and go crazy!

I decided not to run yesterday - I cannot reach my target this week - ahh well - it's only taken 8 weeks to fall off the wagon.

Long meeting planned for today - joy to the world - but at least its local.

Happy Friday - hope it brings a large glass of something refreshing in the early evening
  • There you all are! I think the only way to find you is to keep this site permanently open. It's kind of like one of those wormholes in the universe or something that you can only find when you stumble on it whilst looking for last Thursday. Anyway, good to see you all. 

Sluggie, sorry not to have been able to wave you off on your cruise, but so very glad you are going. The last months have been very heavy. And while the home for SM is not ideal, it's far better really that the decision was taken out of your hands, because things couldn't go on as they were. Sorry to hear about the bowel cancer, but as she is in no pain, and is now in a place where they can take care of whatever she needs, it's about the best arrangement that could realistically be made. It's a shame in one way it isn't closer, but maybe even that will have  a silver lining if it requires you to marshal your own time and not try to go every day as you have been doing. Anyway, for now, I hope you are having a wonderful, restful cruise and not worrying about anything else. 

Daffs, not like you to feel so down but that's typical of these horrid viruses. They leave you exhausted and vaguely depressed, sometimes for weeks. Don't worry, as you feel better and the first signs of spring appear you will be yourself again. Meanwhile, cosset yourself a bit whenever you can. xxx

MC, glad you're starting to feel better too. Alas, just in time to go back to work by the sound of it :-( But at least you ARE feeling better :-)

Pippi, how strange to think of people being short of vitamins these days---altho like Melds I've heard a lot of us are Vitamin D deficient in winter. What kind of regimen have they put Pipette on? Is she having to take daily tablets? Anyway, the two of you sound like a sight for sore eyes with the theme day---what brilliant creativity! How about a  photo, maybe on the FB page??

DL, glad you passed the review although your success with FC speaks for itself. Are you likely to get another fosteree soon? Might feel a bit strange, now that FC is as you say family, but you and OH are so good at this kind of thing. Hats off to you both. As for your running, I am in awe. A whole 8 weeks!! (A lot better than I'm doing!) 

(Mr. C has just given a touching demonstration of marital fidelity after 35 years. 
    Me: You're a lucky man. Where would you rather be than with me? 
    Mr C: In the chocolate shop.
    Really!!!!!)

Podds, sounds like the lurgy is hanging on to the bitter end with you too :-((( I think we all need it to be spring. Do tell about the escape room, though. We did one in Leiden for my birthday last year and it was totally brilliantly fab, most fun thing I've done in years. BTW, left a few of your dog bike here in France, the kind that look like little round sandwiches? They are Monty's total fave, and I can't get them over here. I'm sure he was looking round for you!

Having a great time here. Weather has on the whole been amazing, 16 C and warm sun tho some showers too. C2 and gf having a lovely lazy time. Only problem was our house in NL was broken into last Friday :-((( Things were thrown around a bit, but we think they took nothing much....nothing there worth taking!! :-)))))) C3 called the police etc and a friend has repaired the window they forced so hopefully things are OK again. Must dash off but glad to see everyone survived the storm!!! xxx
  • Oh how rotten Chuggy! hope they find the miscreants and nothing was taken. was C3 there at the time?? How scary! 

((((((Waisters windy and stranded)))))

Well I actually found us as the 'most recent' thread today!! Crikey. Maybe things are moving after all?!

Nothing to report here. Cycled 10 miles through the woods on the way to work the other day which was such fun I shall be repeating it (still don't feel prepared for stupid 62 mile race in 3 weeks though...).

Might be going to see a house tomorrow :smiley: Not sure it's quite suitable but hard to see layout til you're in it, but garden looks grand and it's pretty close to here so could cycle to work. We'll see...

No running though...

Should probably do a bit of work I suppose...
  • I'm conversing with RW regards our problems ...I've sent a few screen shots so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it soon

Chuggy, how very annoying, you say nothing of value but it's still people helping the,selves to something that isn't there's. Crime rate must be low in NL tho?

DL, I am well impressed you managed 8 weeks before falling off the wagon!

day 5 of 7, 3 night shifts to go ....power through :smiley:
  • We seem to have vanished again now :D Hey ho. I could do with a bit of peace and quiet!
  • The 'recent discussions' bit does seem to have a bit more of a chronological order to it but does seem to be missing us out ... I have sent RW a couple of screen shots of this issue so will see if anything happens
    If you put our full title in the search function tho it comes up straight away
  • I've blown back home! It was a bit windy crossing tower bridge on Thursday i.e. I put my hood up. Got back here to find bins, chairs, plant pots and a strange curtain strewn around the garden! It's windier here today than in London on the Storm Day!
    we did lots of good touristy things, staying in a self catering apartment 15 minutes walk from Tower Bridge.  So we did the Tower, which took all day, Westminster Abbey which I haven't done before (or not as an adult - I don't remember it) Natioanal Gallery, Maritime Museum an dCutty Sark, then a pop in to the British Museum this morning. Got the 1 pm train home - cheap! - and quite nice to be home in the daylight with time time sort out.
    im leading a walk tomorrow in Lancashire.
    DL how did you find the C25K? I did some of it, starting with week 4 or something, but I didn't like the long walk breaks. I got cold! Also  I disliked the complicated timings, as I transfer them to a Garmin, don't run with a podcast. I might do running for Lent!
  • evening

chugs - how awful about the break in, hope they didn't make too much mess, but it is horrible to think of someone being in your house

I am still not really feeling up to running and swimming, but I have done a gentle turbo to try to get some activity done
  • Evening All

Another day of complete sloth here............was going to go swimming but really CBA..........need to remember that I am in a team for Outlaw doing the swim so really need to get my finger out or my team mates may get the day off!!!

And just for a laugh.............I'm away on a fitness weekend at Camber Sands next weekend with friends............I can't even get up / down stairs or on / out of chairs at the moment without both knees hurting.............the Monday after will be a laugh!!
  • Podds, that doesn't sound good at all! Nor does MC! I hadn't picked up you were quite so poorly. 
    (((Chuggs))) not nice. I hope you really are as philosophical about it as you sound ... 
  • morning
    this forum is weird I am sure I posted after Pippi yesterday but my post now appears above
    anyway, I am going to attempt a run this morning, I reckon if I take it easy and do run walk, I can always just walk if it is too much, then at least I will get fresh air!
  • That's the spirit MC! 

(((podds)))) this has dragged on for far too long now! :( Hope you're feeling better soon

32 miles cycled for me today :dizzy: That's one mile over half way in the 62 mile race so can start tapering now :D Bloody long way - put 4 hours on the car and finally managed to leave with only 6 mins to spare. It was SO windy. I'd driven miles (getting lost on the way) to a flat railway track thing, only to find it was uphill AND directly into the wind IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. Fiendish thing! 

Feel very much like just bath and bed now, and suspect my backside may not thank me for cycling to work tomorrow! 

• 4 hours on the car ... were you quicker on the bike tho Daffs?!

Day 7 of 7 just about to finish, I am looking forwards to my bed
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Sounds like some sterling effort on the cycling front Daffers. Hope your lady garden survived.
    Hope you survived your run/walk too MC.
    What a pain Chuggy - good that family and friends could get it sorted.
    Hoorah for the end of a 7 day shift M.eldy

Pippi - I didn't do a podcast or anything with the C25K thing - I wouldn't know how! I put the simple timings in my garmin, then when it got complicated spent all my time adding 8 mins, then 3 mins then getting confused, then checking the time, then forgetting what I was doing. It took my mind off the pain. I didn't have any trouble with the walk bits - it was the running that I found challenging. I quite like having a plan- whatever it is, as my natural default if I don't have a target is 'oh, lets just have a little stroll - for half an hour'

Managed a little plod yesterday. Will start week 8 again this week just to be sure!

Happy Monday - hope your day is less confusing than the Oscars!

• morning all

oh Sluggy sorry to hear you got burgled - that is poo :(

well cycled Daffs

this sill forum still doesn't seem to work - unless we were most recent, otherwise I'm having to search. we are like some secret society

I did a half marathon yesterday - part of the race every month target. it was very up and down, splashing through mud, and being blown about! hard work. I managed 2:03 - very pleased with that :)

• oh and can't we edit now? obviously Chuggy was burgled and our Sluggy is off sailing
  • Well done Farty :smiley:

DL even I am confused by your run strategy, ... :smiley:

FGO done once I woke up, washing done, tea scoffed and currently being washed down by a glass of red, early night I reckon!
  • well done JFF!

I struggled with my run/walk yesterday, but somehow made it to swimming club in the evening - first swim for  3 weeks and enjoyed it, even managed a few fastish bits

knackered today so it must be rest day

on a course tomorrow so don't have to go to work!! Think the day will be spent doing hard maths though as it is for the new A level
  • We lost Neville tonight, run over
  • Half my post was eaten

rip Nev x
  • Ah is that Neville? (I don't remember hearing about Neville before, so I am assuming he's an animal non-human!!!) He's a bit like Pippette's Princess Louisa Carolina Alberta (she didn't like the name Margot ....)
    Succesful first day back - I didn't lose a child, though I thought I had when we got to the swimming pool without her!!! Slight concern - less than major panic - glad I had taken my illegal phone (you are not allowed to take a personal phone with you for child protection reasons, but you have to take a phone to stay in contact ... can't do right for doing wrong). Called school. She was there. Her mum had only signed for her to go and brought in kit at lunch-time and she hadn't realised! I did think this is what had happened but it is reassuring to know for certain.

And I understand DL's training ...!
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    JFF The way I'm managing the thread is to have it bookmarked (marked with a star at the top of the page) and my notification preferences to have a pop-up when someone replies to it. That way, a link shows at the top of the page in the blue bar next to your avatar. You can uncheck the email under notification preferences which solves that!

And you can edit within 1 hour of posting by clicking on (or hovering over) your post and then the  settings icon - gear wheel - which appears top right.
  • evening

pippi - phew, losing a child is every teacher's nightmare

meldy - sorry to hear about Neville

on a course today near home, so time to go the gym before it started and was home by 3:30 - bliss
  • Is this the end of the thread?

I can't bookmark this although I have managed to bookmark another, about par for the course

Chuggy - thought I'd commented on your horrible burglars but it seems not....... :( so sorry to hear about it. The not taking much is one thing but it's the thought of someone rifling through your home and possessions which is downright unpleasant

Well cycled Daffy and well run DL..........I have done nothing.....just for once....

After 2 days of spineless jellyfish, princess divas, flounces, tears, histrionics, sulks and strops..........yes it's Year 11 exams again..........I've had enough of under 18s to last me more than a life time!!

However this was put in perspective when a tri mate who's on the committee with me, and who we all thought had brought back food poisoning for some such thing from Bulgaria, has been diagnosed instead with a brain tumour!  Currently in Kings and due to have surgery tomorrow.........sort of puts it in perspective