Eating Habits in male recreational runners survey, please help!

Hello fellow runners!
As part of my final year at the University of Chichester (BSc Sport & Exercise Science), I am undertaking a research project looking at eating habits in male recreational runners. About a month ago I posted an anonymous online survey on here and was really happy with the amount of responses I received, so thank you!!

The survey is still open for 10 days, and I was wondering if any males who occasionally run 5km/10km or half marathon events would still be able to help me out and take part?. The survey is completely anonymous and takes 10-15 minutes to complete. It looks at eating habits and how they relate to total activity levels and reasons for exercise. I am still looking for 50-80 responses and I will be extremely thankful to anyone who takes part. I have posted the survey link below, and if you have any questions please contact me and I will try to get back ASAP! Thank you :). Harry.

https://chichester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/running
Tagged:

Comments

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Done!

I found some of the questions about eating and perfectionism to be overlapping and repetitive. I guess there's a reason for them though.

I hope that my answers are those of a middle-aged bloke who spends most of the day sitting on his arse in front of a computer at work and then gets out for a good bit of exercise on most days to keep the weight under control and for health and wellbeing, while maintaining (I hope) a decent diet but still enjoying the pies. Not being competitive, it's nice to do well in an event but I'm not downhearted if I flop, and I'm happy for my mates to do well but don't think ill of them if they flop either!

Oh, and as regards running to make myself more sexually attractive ... bit late for that, I'm afraid :'(

Good luck with the survey. A request from me: when you have your conclusions, pse drop by this forum and share them with us. Many people ask us to fill in their forms and then we hear nothing more. Cheers.
  • Sorry, I run too much to fall within your criteria :)
  • Muttley said:
    Done!

I found some of the questions about eating and perfectionism to be overlapping and repetitive. I guess there's a reason for them though.

I hope that my answers are those of a middle-aged bloke who spends most of the day sitting on his arse in front of a computer at work and then gets out for a good bit of exercise on most days to keep the weight under control and for health and wellbeing, while maintaining (I hope) a decent diet but still enjoying the pies. Not being competitive, it's nice to do well in an event but I'm not downhearted if I flop, and I'm happy for my mates to do well but don't think ill of them if they flop either!

Oh, and as regards running to make myself more sexually attractive ... bit late for that, I'm afraid :'(

Good luck with the survey. A request from me: when you have your conclusions, pse drop by this forum and share them with us. Many people ask us to fill in their forms and then we hear nothing more. Cheers.
    Hello, thank you very much for completing the survey, and for your interest in this study! Yes, some of the questions are repetitive to make sure that someone who may have misread a question doesn't give a misleading result. Also, I will definitely drop the results by this forum when they are completed (this should be by the end of March/early April) and will be more than happy to explain them in more detail for those interested. :)  
  • A great survey, was easy to complete. I hope it helps you out!

Good deed of the day done :smiley:
  • Eric004 said:
    A great survey, was easy to complete. I hope it helps you out!

Good deed of the day done :smiley:
    Thank you, I really appreciate it! :D
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    The section 'why do you run' the most illuminating.  Anyway, filled it all in for you. Not sure if dog walking is 'getting to places' or 'moderate-intensity exercise' but only included it once.  It's not recreational really, it just has to be done.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Would be happy to complete your survey, but I'm too old to fit into your criteria. Bit ageist really.
  • I started but gave up because so many of the questions just don't make sense: when the range of possible responses is from 'Never' to 'Always', questions that start 'I usually...' or 'I do not usually' just don't make sense at all.  Even if you read it as 'Never agree' or 'Always agree' they don't make sense.