Monday 27th February 2017 - Everyone's got a combination

Morning.

Lyrics - Everyone's got a combination

My leg feels the same as yesterday morning, if not better, if that continues after I've walked Grace I shall try another little run maybe three miles this morning?

What:            something or nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     losing so much time
Last rest:      25/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

LMH: That sounds so promising for you :)

I love yesterdays lyrics a favorite of mine.

What: Longer run/second run of the day
    Why: Because I maybe can
    Last hard: getting up with Alarm
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest day 17th
    Have a great day and hope this rain stops!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LmH - all positive
    what - easy lunchtime
    why - recovery and cold getting heavier
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - weekend
    lyric - don't think so
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

LMH: don't rush things! There is a tendency when injured to test and test when a few days more rest may be more beneficial. I used to do it far too often!

Wabo: hope your velo park race was as good as Spurs' win!

Dustin: hope the cold disappears

WP: a double would be good!

Emz: message me!

Hilly: hope you get sorted!

Ollie: did you race this weekend?

What: 50 minutes, I hope

Why: need something longer. Will set off with M71 but how much he does depends on his post-National legs! And we may well get wet. Forecast not good here!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: MLR will not be happening today (not ready and back to work tomorrow) so heading for a supportive role at LK methinks
    Why: sensible head on
    lyrics: no

getting there, LMH
  • Morning all. Looks like an interesting weekend all round. Grea effort Dustin, good to see you out LMH but fastine lente. Reasonable weekend. parkrun 22.02 followed by rugby. Scotsman in a Welsh pub made for some good banter, especially the second half! Short one yesterday as on domestic duties. Hope all the ailments are disappearing. WP, I remember doubles! :-)
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: Whatever I can cajole the unbroken colleague to do with me today
    Why: Got to do something
    Last hard: Hearing on Friday I may have to come off meds and accept some challenges from now to first op for SVT
    Last rest: 10 days ago.

• Morning again!

Well done on parkrun time, SC...and the rugby. But be careful with the SVT issues!

What: 52 minutes well wrapped up in the heavy drizzle

Why: medium long run, which I found quite long enough today. First 35 minutes chatting with M71, mainly about how he thought it was a particularly successful National, and then I added some extra on through the woods, clambering over yet another tree that has come down. Nice rest now before tomorrow evening's half an hour.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: not quite sure yet. Physio, maybe intervals at running club
    Why: want to see what physio says/how long it takes
    Last hard: not for a while
    Lyrics: nope

Ale will do
    Lmh sounds promising
    Straycelt take it easy
    Hilly hope physio is positive

Have a good day all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH good to hear, onwards and upwards
    alehouse, oh yes it was!!! the course measured 6.5 miles but I checked my time at the 10k mark and it was 56 mins.  I am more than a bit happy tbh! Plus I managed to get a ticket for the spurs game on Friday
    emzap enjoy whatever you do, hope physio ok
    alehouse, I was very lucky this morning as I missed the drizzle
    sc sounds all good, hope all goes ok Friday
    dustin enjoy the easy, hope the cold goes away!
    wp nice one! and nice one again!!
    I kind of did a double yesterday, 3 hour walk (moonwalk training) then an up hill run to home - 1.5 miles
    what: only 2 miles this morning
    why: glutes ache from walking 
    last hard: saturday
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Afternoon!

Well done on Saturday, Wabo! The streaking is obviously working! And reading between the lines, when does your space rocket take off, presuming that that is why you are moonwalk training?

Well done on the long run yesterday, Emz! Not sure about intervals the day after though if the calf isn't happy.

OH: sounds like a sensible decision for LK!

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Afternoon

9 miles this morning done in torrential rain but longest post holiday and chest infection and I am just back from 4.3 miles so day 1 completed:-)

OH: That does sound the sensible choice but saddening at the same time.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • OH: sorry to hear about LK but it's the right decision.

WP: building back nicely.

SC: that's a great parkrun time with a dodgy ticker :wink:

Dustin: hope the cold doesn't linger ... I'm still coughing and mine started 4 weeks ago!

LMH: Hope the run went OK.

Hilly: sorry to hear yesterday's long run didn't happen. Sciatica is such a pain. Do you know where yours comes from?

What: quick 5 miler at lunchtime
    Why: no more time today
    Last hard: squeezing run, shower & change into 1 hour in between work commitments
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no - there endeth my streak

• 6.5 done and dusted...no wing man so sensible 9's instead of steady 8's. Enjoyable despite the sleet/rain/snow/wind/sun. 4 seasons in one run!!

• SC - do you have a date for the op?

emzap - careful with that calf.

Mostly dry here this morning Alehouse but it's making up for it now.

Disappointing for you OH.

Nice running Wabo.

Good going Poppy.

Hope the cold doesn't linger Dustin, they seem to be persisting this year.

My leg felt freer from the off this morning so I did four miles (they are still slow). Hip tried to seize on the way home but I kept it moving and iced it when I got in and it's been fine since. In fact having just walked Grace I'd say that my leg feels the best it has since the accident. Obviously just needed beating into submission..........why though having had the best part of two weeks rest am I running so slowly?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, May 13 at midnight... Tottenham's last game that day at WHite Hart Lane as well so that should be interesting

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Seeing surgeon 8th March so hope to get some better info then.
  • Evening!

Not long until March 8th, SC. Hope that there is a helpful plan put in place!

Wabo: I'm getting old! Couldn't remember what the Moonwalk was! Tonight should be interesting at the King Claudio Stadium!

LMH: don't worry about pace! It will return when you least expect it, no doubt!

What: 2k

Why: if WP is doing doubles...
    Actually had to take a prescription request in and it was warmer to run than walk.

• Nice one Ale. Always good to get an excuse to run
    Med change has thrown things out a bit. Expected June op so have several trips and races (runs) booked as part of plan to be as fit as possible for the intervention, See what occurs and health plays top trump....now where's that travel insurance document? :-)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Physio inflicted much pain but said I'm allowed to run from Wednesday (will be bruised and sore today and tomorrow after her thumb found the sore spot...).  Glad to hear that I've done no damage and can keep running though.  Another appointment in a couple of weeks.
  • Evening all. :)

AH: Didn't race this weekend, I'm at BHF on Sundays so wasn't able to make the Trail Half.

Had a job interview for ASDA in Oldham today, which I didn't get unfortunately; hopefully I'll be successful at the interview stage one of these days so I'll just keep trying. :)

What: Just a couple of miles.
    Why: Monday mileage.
    Current Streak: Day 437.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Hope you're all well.
    Have a good day. image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening all,

sorry to hear you didn't get the job Ollie, must mean there is a better job out there for you, I certainly hope so. Keep at it

WP - Good running, likewise Ale with your doubles

LMH, slowly and steady, don't rush all in good time

Dustin - hope the cold goes

Rest day for me, primarily as in work all day then had to travel to York as well. Hopefully will get out in the morning, but on full taper week too for Pafos Half on Sunday, cant wait for some warmer weather... off to check the forecast :-)

Well done on Sat btw Wabo :-)

Take care