Monday 6th March 2017 - Life is hard

Morning.

Lyrics - Life is hard

Leg feels ok, weather is forecast to be better than yesterday, no excuse not to try a LSR. I may be gone some time.............

What:             LSR
Why:              London
Last hard:      recovering
Last rest:       25/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Lazy Sunday - The Small Faces.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Morning!

Sounding a lot more positive, LMH! Hope the run is good...and that there is no reaction over the next few days.

OL (where are you by the way?): just going to enter Sale Sizzlers.
    http://www.saleharriersmanchester.com/pages/3989/news-endurance/sale-sizzlers-2017

What: long run, hopefully

Why: looks like a nice day for it/Monday is long run day/ankles were not good yesterday so will have to see what happens

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

What: 10.1 miles/4 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard : Saturday
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest 17/02

Have a great day out there if you can:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - 5 easy
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - maybe
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 82 minutes, much of which was off-road. Ankles were fine after the first mile or so.

Why: weight control and building strength

Sale Sizzler 5ks entered. First one Thursday July 6th.

Good miles, WP. And glad to see you are having a recovery day, Dustin!

Looking forward to various race reports!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hammers shirt tonight, Wabo?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    indeed Alehouse!! Good game yesterday, I am finding it curious what's happening at Leicester?? Nice running btw
    LMH life is hard, I don't know the lyrics though.  Glad you are getting better 
    WP nice one and nice one again!!!

what: probably 3 miles later
    why: only managed 1 yesterday but did race saturday
    last hard: saturday really
    last rest 31/12, the streak continues...
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    yes alehouse I mean the thing at the bottom, the pain is temporary in your case
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, all very strange at Leicester, Wabo! Good going on the streak! What's next on the race agenda? Last Friday of the Month is suddenly getting closer!

Found today's run a long way on my own. M71 has been accompanying me for at least part of my longer runs but he is having a rest week. Not sure why!

Gardening this pm: quite pleasant out there at present.

Wabo:  click on your pic, go to edit profile and then on the left is "signature settings". I hope!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
     A rest week, ale :confused:  Sounds like a long time off. Hope your friend is ok.

Wabo: excellent streaking

LMH: Hope your long run went well. Wow, a long run on a Monday ... I could never fit that in. Guess I'm simply not committed enough ;)   Very glad you are back to your old self though. Those past couple of weeks must have been pretty bleak.

Nice double, Poppy.

What: 5 miles at lunchtime
    Why: little to no sleep last night (one of those insomnia phases again. Sigh) so couldn't get up early enough to fit something in before work
    Last rest: 17/2
    Last hard: sleeping is
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse - I am going to park run on Saturday but my next sort of big race is a half marathon 19/3 at brentwood.  Not targetting a time just doing it
    sigh that insomnia thing is rotten, my daughter suffers 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Touch of class there Wabo!  Good luck with the half! Impreavanti!
  • Chicky
    I suffer with insomnia  it is horrid in the end I had to take a pill or half a pill to help me sleep.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • What: pleasant ambling 5 mile run along new section of coast (from the landslide, that is) with numerous stops for photography
    Why: why not 
    last rest: Friday
    lyrics: no

• Not been on here in ages, but good to see some familiar names still posting!

Nice photos AOH
    Running like a dead fish at present, 7 slow miles contributed to the recovery.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great to see you 40! Stick around! 
  • Earlier post should read land-side not landslide!

Welcome back 40 minutes
  • Beautiful photographs OH.

Hello 40.

I didn't start work until 1200hrs today chicksta.

Nice double again Poppy.

Did you tell us how the race went Wabo?

Fancy taking a week off by choice! Strange friends Alehouse:-)

Hope the easy day restores you Dustin.

My running is still slow, seems to be limited mostly by the right hamstring which is grumbling and spent several miles of my run threatening to cramp if I gave it the slightest excuse - it gave up when it realised that I wasn't going to though:-)
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Seven miles doesn't sound like a recovery run to me, 40! How's things anyway? New age group? Racing plans? etc etc!

Will go round and see my M71 friend! Not sure why he is resting this week: he sent my an email yesterday to that effect.

And I didn't start work today at all, Chick,  which is why my long run has moved to a Monday at present. 
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

AH: Cool, will enter also, will probably stick to just doing one or two this year but will be there. :)

What: 3 miles this morning, may do a further few later.
    Why: Fairly good day for it.
    Current Streak: Day 444.
    Lyrics: Nope.

S'laters
    Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Very low key at the moment, OL! Hope you get out for a second run! Turning a bit cold, though!

Went to see M71: he had run for around 20 minutes on Saturday and then had to walk as he felt exhausted. Now coming down with a chest infection so it is enforced rest, sensibly.
  • Plus 5k+ Scapa loop so 7.6 miles today
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    40 Mins, great to see you posting, hope you are well

Good long runs Ale, LMH and WP

Back from Cyprus, had a ball and even got on to the winners summary page... but no prize... as they had listed the top 6 in each age cat... I was 6th V45-49... a steady but not outstanding time of 1:38:15... aim was to run 1:37:30 off an average of 7:26's ran it too close to the mark and had a poor mile at mile 8..., but garmin still came out at 13.21m and ave of 7:26... so cant complain. Some lovely weather :-)

Take care all