UKA - Change of clubs

Hello - I am looking to change running clubs, both are in England and both are UKA registered.

Using the online system, am I right in thinking that providing I submit the details before the 11th of the month, I am then able to compete for the new club with effect from the following month?

The Eligibility Flow Chart appears to suggest that providing you've not already changed within the last 12 months (I haven't) and your old club have no legitimate objections, this is all done and dusted by the 28th. Although, I recall that athletes who did this years ago had to wait for three months before competing for the new club.

Any help, advice, thoughts or details of people's previous experiences would be really helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how quickly it can be done, the online system is a good step forward though.   Your club or membership secretary should know how quickly you can compete for your new club.
    Let us know how your transfer goes.
  • sven27sven27 ✭✭✭
    Yes you're correct providing the membership secretary at your current club who gets sent an email when you complete the portal application emails back saying they authorise it and have no issues.  If they choose to ignore it before the 11th deadline then you have to wait 30 days from the application and then are cleared for the following month.