What do we really think of this new site??

Comments

• Gavlar CGavlar C ✭✭✭
    The events site is pants putting it mildly, the search facility is just not working. Plus too much white, its like a Daz advert!!
  • Agree about search facilities, I've given up on it and use fetch now. The colour scheme is very clinical, not at all welcoming.
  • One aspect I find incredible is that there are now seven pages of complaints about this website (in quite a short space of time) and yet those who own it haven't made a single comment. I've been a reader for quite a few years but not a contributor. The appalling site has made me start to contribute. Maybe that was the idea. 
  • JMW15JMW15 ✭✭
    I may be being really stupid, but how do I post a new discussion?
    I saw the comment on the previous page that there should be a new discussion tab, but this does not seem to appear anywhere for me?
    Do I need to have been a member for a certain period or something?
    Thanks!
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Coooeeeeeeee Runnersworld...... Calling Calling Runnersworld
  • NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭
    @JMW15 if you go to the main forum page (https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/), then go into one of the sections (eg "General Running"), do you see a blue button at the top (just above the list of threads) that says "New Discussion"?
  • JMW15JMW15 ✭✭
    @NickW2 I don't I'm afraid. Nothing at the top of the discussions apart from the box showing the number of pages. I've tried to take a screenshot but it looks like i can't post that here!
    Any help greatly appreciated!
  • JMW15JMW15 ✭✭
    OK Ignore me,
    Just looked again and it's suddenly appeared.
    Wonder if it is because I'm now level 2?
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Anybody got to Level 4 yet??
  • T Rex said:
    Anybody got to Level 4 yet??
    Does anybody actually know what the levels signify and how we achieve them?
    Even more important, does anybody even care?
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Yay!  I've got a 19th badge.  Latest one is for getting five 'likes'.  I've also got one 'lol' and one 'agree', so all good.  No abuse yet.
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    That could all change, though.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Harder to navigate and far less intuitive. Not a fan of either layout or fonts. It'll grow on me....eventually :-)
  • Well at least they got rid of all the pinned posts at the top which haven't been commented on in years.
  • FayaFaya ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add my name to the list of people for who the events search page isn't working. Tried to get it to show me races around my area. It didn't do a thing. :/ 
  • Hi everyone. I'm sure this might have been asked before but I'm new here and need to ask for advise about my trainers. I can't seem to post a new thread though. Has anyone else encountered this problem and know how to fix it?
  • Traffic volumes must have gone off a cliff.... when its so unfriendly to use that users have to ask how to start a new thread, well, something has gone horribly wrong.

Just looked at the Triathlon forum, and while it isn't always the busiest section, there have been a painfully low number of posts today... in single figures, which is pathetic.

Surely, someone, somewhere within Hearst must be looking at this with concern?.... it would be nice for some evidence that human beings actually exist behind this forum... if this carries on like this, the forum will be gone within a couple of years, with insufficient traffic to make it worthwhile.... I'd understand it if they had switched attention to social media, but that is a complete desert too (other than an automated dribble of reposted links to old articles), with pretty much zero interaction with users.

Sad times really for a company that has a leading position online in a highly attractive market... its a slow and painful death, which is probably largely avoidable.
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Hi everyone. I'm sure this might have been asked before but I'm new here and need to ask for advise about my trainers. I can't seem to post a new thread though. Has anyone else encountered this problem and know how to fix it?
    Go to the appropriate forum, eg 'Gear' and at the top, you'll see an option to select 'Ask a Question' or 'New Discussion'... select the latter and you're away!
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    barneschar, sorry to hear you can't start a new thread.  Another new user had a similar issue.  I don't know for sure, but I wonder if Runner's World have unhelpfully made it so that new users can only start a new thread after they've contributed a certain number of times.  I wonder if this is their way to try and stop spam?

Very annoying if that's the case, and I wonder if that's why we've seen so few new posters recently.  Usually in the run up to London Marathon we tend to see quite a few new posters, but not this year.

I don't know if what I've written above is correct, but if it is the case I can't help think that Runner's World have shot themselves in the foot :(  
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    MC, we had another new user a while ago who said he didn't have those options, but implied the options later appeared after he'd posted comments a few times.  I don't know for sure if that's the case or not, though.
  • You could be right with your observation above... if so, then at the very least, they should make that known.... I am struggling to think of an 'upgrade' I have ever seen handled so badly.... backwards in terms of user experience, zero user communications, and an awful cutover that just dumped a fortnights worth of contributions without so much as a word of explanation or apology other than a 3 line warning with totally incorrect dates on it...
  • It's Big_G here. I've just set up a new account, and do not have the options to start a new thread. :(
  • I won't bother anymore. I thought it may have been 5 posts needed, but it appears not.
  • There's not even tumbleweed blowing by....

Maybe everyone has gone out running ? 
  • Thanks so much Magna Carter. Unfortunately those buttons don't show for me.

Big_G well I'm one of them! My first London Marathon next month (first ever marathon) and this was the first place I came to get some much needed advice (hitting panicky stage now). It's such a shame if they have restricted the ability to post a new thread.

Hopefully they might let me soon.
  • > @Big_G_The_Second said:
    > I won't bother anymore. I thought it may have been 5 posts needed, but it appears not.

Seriously? Hmph