Sunday 19th March, "I'm on the chopping block, chopping off my stopping thoughts"

Morning

What 20+?
Why got to at some point

LMH have fun at Ashby

Good luck to other racers

May be more later but I have a busy day ahead.

Rtfm, cool running peeps

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Another Day by The Cure.

Have a good one postie.

It's definitely windy:-(

What:             Ashby 20
    Why:              seemed like a good idea
    Last hard:      listening to the wind
    Last rest:        25/2

Lyrics - no but I like them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: out with running club or alone
    Why: warned it may be cancelled but may as well see if anyone else shows
    Last hard: my legs
    Lyrics: nope

Enjoy Ashby LMH
    Have a good long run postie
    Shame England didn't manage to beat the Kiwis' record, but they had to lose sometime.

Have a great Sunday all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Morning!

You seem to have built up quite quickly, Postie! Enjoy the 20.

And enjoy your 20 with a number on LMH!

Hope you find someone to run with, Emz! England didn't deserve to win. 

Enjoy your half, Dustin, and well done yesterday. Wonder if Wabo will be ok for her half?

What: something easy

Why: Sundays are usually easy. 

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good luck, LMH

Nice parkruns em, OH, and Ollie.

And a hardcore half, Dustin.

I managed 3 and a bit miles yesterday. It was ridiculous. But at least I got out. Raining heavily right now so binned the idea of a morning run which is just as well as I have a slight hangover :#
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Raining heavily here. And only 1.5 degrees :o

Hope it's better in Ashby, LMH. Best of luck.

Managed 3 and a bit miles yesterday without being knocked off my feet by the wind. Beer than nothing I guess :)

Hope the rain eases at some point. Otherwise it'll be a power yoga day.
  • Morning

LMH: I hope the weather is kind to you at Ashby
    Postie: Good luck with 20 miler
    Chick: Glad you enjoyed your beer:-)

What: 4 miles
    Why: first run since Thursday
    Last hard  see above
    Last rest 18/03
    Lyrics: No

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hm, thought I'd posted earlier but then the post didn't show and now they're both up there. Most bizarre.

Still raining. Sigh.

Glad you're on the mend, poppy.

• postie postiepostie postie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If only I was Ale! Managed 21 on the nail but really struggled towards the end. Guess it will take a while to reintroduce my legs to long runs. Todays puts me in the region of 3:30 which is a bit disappointing however, I have a chance of running Cologne in the Autumn. Anywhere near you Chicksta?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    What - Fleet Half at Mara pace
    Why - says so on the schedule
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - back to back HMs
    lyric - yes indeed, great song.

Unofficially results from yesterday show me as 1st V50! A little surprised.
    Today's plan was to run a half at MP (so anything under 1h38 would do, even up to 1h40)
    Started OK, two quicker miles (7:0x) saw me ease off a little through the middle. Hit a steady pace from 5-11 and upped it over the closing miles (12 & 13 were 6:5x). Clung on for 1:36:00 clock, 1:35:28 chip. Job done, legs mangled.
    5 weeks of keeping it sensible....
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey, Dustin - another race this WE. Excellent time and well done on yesterday's age group win.

I wish I was in 3:30 shape, postie .... In fact I wish I was in any marathon shape. Ho-hum :|

Cologne is about 270 miles from Hamburg, postie. That may be a bit of a stretch ;)

What: 6.5 rather wet and miserable miles
    Why: needs must
    Last hard: not wimping out
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Nice running Dustin!

Glad you were able to get out Poppy.

The first long one is always hard postie. You're getting there.

Hope the rain stopped chicksta.

A bit difficult to say exactly how Ashby went. Conditions were so different from last year. I ran the first lap easy but not as easy as last year (or as easy as planned, kept getting chatting to people and feeling comfortable and running too fast) started the second lap with my slowest mile (this was when I was supposed to be picking the pace up!) but this is a mile which is generally uphill and it was into the wind which was getting worse as the race progressed. Was forever finding myself running on my own and was blown sideways on a couple of occasions.  Started the second lap as sixth woman (which was the same as last year) and managed to catch fifth and fourth in the last three miles. Had second in sight in the last mile but she had a windbreak with her (man from her club pacing) and a much better kick than me so I ended up third - but a minute and fourteen seconds faster than last year. They had changed the prizes this year too so just the one which covered my entry fee. A mile before and after gives me 22 for the day.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great long run, Postie!

Particularly well done today, Dustin, on the back of yesterday! Keep the sensible head on now over those next 5 weeks.

From what I read Ashby went well, LMH: faster than last year in much worse conditions. Got to be a good sign, surely! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done Dustin and LMH!

Just over 3 miles ran, as expected I was alone and my legs just weren't feeling it. Followed by a walk to the pub for lunch, just over 10 km return. 
  • It should be Alehouse but I'm just not feeling it for some reason. I was faster at Stamford 30k and I'm not sure conditions were that much worse today so I'm thinking that the time off after the car incident has cost me:-(
  • Could it be still having Silverstone in your legs from last weekend? By the time you toe up to the line I think you will be on top form at London.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm with PostieLMH! Plus your expectations have increased, which is good! Can't do anything about the missed time! You have plenty in the bank. I'd be looking at a relatively easy week, then a harder week...and then it will be pretty well cotton wool time...if it isn't already!

Glad you got out, Emz...for lunch as well as the run! 

And good that you carded something, Chick! I noticed that Hamburg has been named 19th best city in the world in which to live! 
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/The-worlds-most-liveable-cities/hamburg/

• I know you'll laugh but I had forgotten about Silverstone. I definitely hadn't run a half the week before last year - in fact we entered it this year because we didn't have Ashby entries.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH that did make me laugh!  I wish I could run a half marathon one weekend and forget it the next!  
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Well done Dustin, LMH and Postie good long ones in the bank.

8.5m for me today, first 3.25 with Mrs RFJ

Just signed up for Humphs Hilly Half in June... :-)

Collect new club vest tomorrow,

Now have some decisions to make about the Kent Circut Marathon at the end of May, longest run this year so far is 13.1m....... looking at Compton 20 and Marlborough 20 if I do decide to do it.....

Take care