working at it slowly

Comments

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

That proper made me laugh Pippi!

I shall make a note of the suggestions M.eldy. Always interesting to hear the reality. Maren Morris seems to be getting a lot of publicity, but sometimes too much hype is just that.

Daffers. Forget the bike for now, the sofa is your friend.

Once again intended to get up and run. One out of 2 isn't too bad is it? 

A day of working through my to do list and hoping to actually cross something off it.

Happy Friday. Hope five o'clock comes your way soon.
  • morning all - great festival report there Melds - interesting that you don't get what you expect and you get some surprising treats. I'm not familiar with all of the names but know a few from radio 2!

and anything is better than Theresa .... she really has been surprisingly disappointing

I'm off work today, tomorrow will be a year since I lost my Dad so just wanted a bit of time to myself. decided to get the long run done today - was planning 20 miles, but after a fall at 9 miles I only managed 15, feeling a bit battered, but its only a bloody knee and elbow so nothing major

I see Chuggy has been hacked again, same thing as last time, creating a facebook profile and using her profile photo to make it realistic. does make you wonder why people do this, I did a search on my "name" just in case there was another me  

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Sorry that I haven't been in for a few days - I'm afraid the problem finding us each time is somewhat discouraging!

(((Daffs))), I do hope that you will soon be feeling very much better.

You too MC!

Melds, I'm afraid I have no idea of whom you speak  :(

Chuggy, it's nice to see you. I hope you have fun counting.

Not much to report here - Mum is OK, she seemed to enjoy her birthday outing. Still no date for the move - we are waiting for our vendors to supply information they should have given ages ago. I am wondering what is is they don't want to tell us  . . .

Hope everyone is having a good TGIF.

WAIST well xx
  • ok hello I'm still on this world but I couldn't find the forum.
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    You found us! When I logged on, I kept getting ads saying "Keep your Westie happy"! Did you post one, or is it just spooky?
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    It's your avatar that doesn't work? 
  • what a complete mess runners world have made of the forums etc think I may have to stick to waisters FB page.
  • Afternoon All - apologies for my absence, having done 2 weeks of mocks it took more time than I have to begin to make inroads into all the work that hadn't got done.........
    Went out with my tri club this morning on a "gentle" bike ride - first time on a bike since July and boy did I feel it - even though it was only 22 miles!!
    Gotta go again now as I'm timekeeping at the tri club development gala this evening......might encourage me to get back into the pool...........really really need to get swimming again asap!!
    Laters peeps

• hi all

daffs - hope you are feeling better now

meldy - sounds like a good musical weekend. I have tickets to see Imelda May in May in Nottingham, really looking forward to it
  • I'm loosing the will to live with this set up . cant get my old avitar back . was going to use another one of my late frie4nd but it will not let me.

• I know Westie - it's absolutely awful and RW do not seem to be paying any attention whatsoever to the feedback they're getting - they clearly don't give a wotsit for their clientele........
    However as Fake book is not for everyone I for one will keep popping my head into the lounge so as not to lose touch with old friends :)

• I can see your old mate Westie (fnaar fnaar)

ive been trying to cycle ...In a force 10 gale seemingly! It was proper windy

British Gas are allegedly coming to service my boiler tomorrow, given that they have cancelled twice already I'm not holding my breath
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Sorry that you have been troubled by the wind Meldy. Have you thought of buying a kite?  :D

Daffs, I do hope you are feeling better?

I have set up notifications of replies which take me straight here. That is working at the moment - but would not have done back in the days when we could get through several pages in a day! 

Quiet day for me, which has suited me fine. MS has been playing bowls and I have seen doing SFA. I have an appointment at Southampton hosp tomorrow so we will visit SM on the way back.

Hope everyone has been able to do something they enjoy this weekend.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx 

• YumsYums ✭✭✭
    Good evening :-)

Goodness,  DL has changed her mind about becoming the foster family von trapp.  Can't imagine why because teens are such good fun :-)

Daffy,  was the bike ride today? When do you start training? 

((((Farfar)) hope the happy memories of your dad warmed your heart and made you smile.  Sounds as though you took a proper tumble :-(

M..... eldy,  the music do sounds fab.  Was everyone wearing cowboy boots and check shirts? I am a country music ignoramus so will check out your hot pics. 

MC,  Good news the frequent illnesses can be explained.  You should soon be feeling better.  :-)

Chuggy,  you're right about country music lyrics.  A colleague was a musician and used to throw in bizarre lines from c&w  :-)

Sluggy,  hope all goes well at the hozzie.  Is it about your back/vibrator? Lol at SM not missing you but that's a good thing really.   I have everything crossed for the house move speeding through. 

website and midge.  Good to see you :-).  I can't find the forum either! 

Podds,  how can you do all that exercise in one weekend? Surely it affects your drinking time. 

Life here is...
    the good news is that miniyums no1 starts a job tomorrow on a 3 month trial. No 2 is a mixture of fun and impatience.  Work is having another reorganisation.  Boss plans to leave which is bad news for me as any replacement won't know what they're doing so work will bounce off their desk on to mine.  I anticipate difficult times ahead and I'll need to stand my ground and consider my options.  If I wanted the responsibility I would have applied for the job.  

• M.eldy don't know if you have come across these guys .. here is one track from the band doing a live recording.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ryO4c_94w.

• Who are they Westie ?

Yums, we have so many changes going on in the next few years and I doubt it will stop there either as we try and squeeze even more work out of even less money ... dont write off the new boss creating more work for you, miracles do happen!

Sluggy, I tell you I could have done a proper Mary Poppins yesterday ..!!

It is now throwing it down with rain and I think it is set in for the day/week/month ... welcome to Spring!

• We are waiting for the gas man to come and service the boiler ... 3rd time lucky
  • someone could have warned me i'd booked it for tomorrow ...
  • they are an american group " lord Huron " I just like the sound they make. M...eldy
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    M...eldy said:
    someone could have warned me i'd booked it for tomorrow ...
    *snigger*

We got into my car at 11am to go to Southampton and discovered that I had picked up a nail in one of my tyres. We are very lucky that we were able to take MS's car instead! My appointment was due at 12md but I wasn't seen until 1pm, then they took 45 minutes to reprogram me. We had planned to go and see SM on the way home but MS wanted to get the car sorted out so I had to make do with a phone call.

What an exciting life I lead  :D

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx
  • Are you reprogrammed now then Sluggy, do you pick up freeview?

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    M...eldy said:
    Are you reprogrammed now then Sluggy, do you pick up freeview?

No, the satellite dish on my head isn't quite powerful enough for that  :p
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hello Westie - good to see you and your furry friend again

Did the rewiring work Sluggie. Do you need to be PAT tested every year now?

((((JFF))))

I realise the reason that all have you are doing much better with your training is that many of you are doping. Whereas I am just a dope. All over the news yesterday that many people are using steroids in amateur sport. Am I to believe that Parkrun is just a front for drug dealers??!!!

Big weekend for XFC. She went to a pub, drank alcohol and stayed out. She is finally the teenager she said she never wanted to be!

I am off to Birmingham for a conference. I am hoping I don't have to concentrate!

Happy Tuesday. Hope it's an exciting one

• Tuesday has been fairly similar to Monday with the addition of the gasman...

i dont think anything is concentrated in Birmingham DL ..  :)

back to to work tomorrow, that came round a bit too quick for my liking
  • morning all bit quiet in here

I had a falling over incident on Saturday - went down like a sack of spuds! now have a bit of a sore knee and can only run short distances at a sedate pace - that's my plans up in the air!

haha DL- XFC has been lured into teenage life

• awww nice piccies of Midge
  • Lordy, what has RW done??? It took me 20 minutes to find you. Finally managed to locate my most recent post and found you that way. But Sluggie, you said you set up some kind of notification that brings you to the page? How do you do that? And WHY has RW effed up what was a perfectly good system? 

Haven't had time to read back yet, but popping in to say I'm thinking of all of you in and around London. The attacks outside Parliament will have thrown everything into an uproar. I used to walk across Westminster Bridge at least a couple of times a week. (for 25 years I worked in Shell Centre, just across the river---right behind the London Eye) so I know the area really well. Somehow that makes it a lot worse. Reports are still very confused, but a number of people seem to have been injured. Hope none of you were anywhere in the area! 

Loving and supportive thoughts to poor old Blighty. The last thing we needed. 
  • Chuggs, put the full 'working at it slowly' title in the search field

Farty that's nasty, I tumbled in the ultra back in October and still get a bit of 'gip' with fluid

just home and watching the news coverage, don't know why ...the inaccuracies always annoy me
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoonicles,

DL, do your comments mean that XFC is no longer practicing Islam? Of course, it makes no difference either way but her discovery of incahol sounds at odds with the girl who observed Ramadan. 

Jenni, I'm sorry to hear you took a tumble. I hope that your injuries soon heal.

We went to visit SM, switched on the TV when we got back and saw/heard what had happened in London. My first act was to text SB and make sure he had been safely in work all afternoon! Thankfully, he is fine - but my heart goes out to people who are not getting such good news  :(

Chuggy, I can't remember what I did to set notifications (I was actually trying to 'bookmark' the thread at the time) but it is jolly useful! I would have been a nightmare in the old days, I would have been getting far too many email notifications (I seem to remember that the old system didn't work anyway?)!

I join Chuggy in hoping that none of my WAISTermates have been affected by what is happening in London today.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxxx
  • Sluggie, so glad that SB is OK. That's the kind of thing that comes to mind when there's an episode like this. 

Meldy, I DID try searching 'working at it slowly' but only got loads of posts by Podds in about 2013!!

FarFar, sounds like that must have been a nastier tumble than maybe you realised at the time. Be sensible and give it the time it needs to heal, won't you? 

DL, Sluggie makes a good point. There does seem to be a slight disconnect between Ramadan and a good few pints down the local (although I do have a number of Moslem friends who don't seem to find it an unbridgeable gulf ;-) And maybe it's just her exploring being a teenager---sounds pretty normal to me. 

Westie, it's so lovely to see the photos of Midge. He is forever an honoured Waister pet!

Yums, GIANT congrats to mini no 1 with the job! These days that's really good going. And a 3 month trial period gives everyone time to feel things out: I hope he likes the job, and it likes him. Keep us posted, please! As for work......another reorganisation, AAAARGGGH!! They are the most massive time wasters in the world. I hope this one is relatively benign; but you are very right to think about how much of your new boss's work you can realistically take on. Damn little, I'm thinking. It's not personal (and good to point that out) but you are already fully loaded. Let us know how it goes. 

Just looked in again hoping for the kind of confirmation Sluggie gave re SB---need to waddle off and make dinner for Mr C, probably back later. xxx