The Wanna Blista Social Club.

1137813791380138113821384»

Comments

• Thanks PPP, Mort & Clairster. Really enjoyed that today. Apart from the near mountain bike death obviously.

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Yes thank you mike, posh and clairster. I am so hill unfit though, everything below the neck aches today!
  • Yes was great to get out image

i am just very unfit full stop!

• anyone else Bullocking this year?

• Daz- Loads doing Bullock. See you in the morning.
  • Excellent!

just finished packing

time for bo-bos... image

• mort - great to see you just after the Dipping Stone! image

my 5th BS and smoothest/most enjoyable due to not putting pressure on myself re time - still had to "concentrate" a bit towards the end to ensure a sub-17 though image

16:59 image

• Well done daz! (and everyone else who endured the awful conditions) Team prize again! Go Stockport!

Would win 2nd prize for 'worst race weather conditions considering the time of year' after 2012 manc marathon in my opinion!
  • Minnie-happy 40th image

Did GNR -what a lovely course and people, 1h 42m for me off almost no training, would like to do it next year in my 65th year but push it a bit, drove up the night before, stayed in the countryside, so my only panic was finding a parking place near Newcastle,  bus back from the finish, then a nice 2 mile walk cool down back to the car.

• TB-thanks, it's hard to believe I'm that old!!
  • clairster - see you tomorrow! image

• not many entries left for High Legh 10k if anybody's interested...

• Hi All, well those that are left that use the site er Good bye. As you know, I moved over to the Midlands, my running's no where near what it used to be like, so I've resigned from SH and if the old body is up to it try to keep running or walking as it's been recently and find a nice sociable running club locally. I'd like to thank all those I've met and run with over the years for putting up with me but in particular the WBSC runners, you know who you are for the fun and banter and the various coaches at the Monday/Tuesday/Thursday track sessions, i'll drop in and out of Facebook from time to time.

Oh, and to PPP for being brave and Morticia for being, well Morticia, Eric for overcoming so many injuries to become the great runner he is, GBM for his humour, BB (Steve) for getting an English vest and finally Mr consistency Steve J for all his marathon successes.

Good luck with the S10, I hope it's the usual success.  

• TB - I emailed you the other day.  Did you receive it?

As a follow up to your obituary (!!) I have to concur that it's a really sad state of affairs that nobody uses the WBSC any longer.  Everyone seems to have been taken in by the bollocks that Facebook is - everyone must be so keen to find out what their friends are having for tea, how their commutes to work have been etc,etc...

What happened to the good old days?

As it appears this thread is finally over, then I thought I'd put my final offerings down, not that anyone will ever read them, so who gives a shit!!

Jonah - the machine.  His BG absolutely inspired me to where I am today and what my goals are over the next 2 years.  Without Jonah then we would not be the fell running athletics club that the Harriers are..... although, I have now resigned and now a fully paid up member of Dark Peak Fell Runners!

GBM - My bestest running mate who will have to go through everything I'm going through over the next 2 years.  

The rest of you, you know who you are.  Every single one of you has been a huge impact on me as a person and my running.  

I remember back in 2005 when we turned up at Disley Station car park (when the guy with the bike was most likely in his female friend's car!!) for our first training run for the London marathon.  I'd turned up slightly early so I could have  a cigarette - what a dick!! The week after I gave up my horrible social habit and I've not had one since.

We've had so many fun times with our road races, Stockport 10 organisation and BG attempts.

The above has to be balanced with the many friends we have that have suffered losses or are currently going through troubling times.

Wishing you all the very best for the future.

Mr Eric Seagull XXXX

• I'm afraid that's progress ES although as I don't use Facebook myself I must be missing out on what others had for tea, or the last time they farted or whatever else is shared. I set my RW profile up when I was a v40, and now I'm closing in on a v55-so it is a long time.

Whilst this thread maybe over (after 40,000+ posts) most of us appear to be still running (or cycling, swimming or aggressively walking) so that's all good, despite the fact that most of us are doing it at a more leisurely pace. 

Those BG legs you mention almost killed me, and I have complete respect for those that have done the whole thing and I'm glad to have taken part.

I'm not throwing the towel in just yet and will still be parkrunning, doing local races and maybe challenging when I do get to v55.  Heck, I may even get to the track sometime.

• Eric - DPFR! imageimage

does that mean I'll be seeing you at fell races?

Kinder Trial in January is a good one to exercise your navigation skills image - it's pre-entry though and does fill up...

• Hi Daz,

Quite possibly!  

I'll have a read up about the Kinder Trial - we most definitely need to improve our navigation skills!  We have the Marsden to Edale trigger event in the middle of January too.

• Eric - is that the Royal "We" or are you just already totally subsumed as member of Dark Peak? image

the Trigger is a monster (depending on weather/underfoot) so Good Luck with that one image

(the one year I did it, they nearly had to call out Mountain Rescue for me!)

• Daz - 'we' is GBM and I.... We're having a recce of Marsden to Edale on Sunday.  It will no doubt be a full day!

• Kind words TB and ES 

we can't see this thread wither on the vine, it's part of the family.

Happy new year x

• Wow.

Just looked in on this old friend (thread). A pleasant surprise to see there have been a few posts!

Thanks TB! All the very best to you. Didn't know you moved. Hope it is rocking out well.

I miss this thread.

Also no longer a Harrier, but joined Manchester Front Runners. Mainly because they are LGBT friendly. Not that harriers aren't. You have all been nice. They only know me as Paula, so that helps. They are also lovely. It is more to do with running slightly more locally and new beginnings.

This has been a very tough year, emotionally,, Running wise I used to be quite confident but now am very slow and need to reset my goals. I have needed to concentrate on my mental well being and running has taken a back seat for quite a while really. But what are my running goals? Just to keep going I guess and enjoy the company of people I like and places running takes me and the health benefits of course.

I have missed a lot of people on this thread.

I really want to see more of you guys now things are settling down. I am doing some more of the xc season I hope but do not want to do a marathon, but I do want to do more trail and off road stuff I think.

Anyway, I am on fb, but it's not like this thread is it?

I hope everyone has a fabulous new year. Xxx
  • ooh RW has changed a bit!

Paula - would be great to meet up some time, maybe for a jog round Lyme Park?
  • anybody else at High Legh on Sunday...?
  • Daz - there's a possibility that I'll be at Kinder Downfall
  • TB - would be great to see you! :smile:
    I assume you mean as a spectator? since the race is full and I don't see your name in the entry list :wink:
  • I'm running in the V65 cat. Moved to the East Midlands and joined Shelton Striders, tbh, I can only jog round because of the trapped nerve in my back but there's about 6 doing it from the club so I said I'd show them the route, did Crowden to Blackhill the other week end with Neil and Lee, they're doing 4 inns and then went over to Hayfield to do the Downfall route, 18 miles in all probably in the worst conditions I've known on Kinder