Running camps

Can anyone recommend any running holiday camps which are held in the summer holidays? I'm aware of Running With Us but their only Algrave training camps listed are this month. Also if you know of any held in the UK (London/South/S.East) that would also be handy to know!
Thanks
Emma
Tagged:

Comments

• PaulMarshPaulMarsh ✭✭✭
    I want to go to one - maybe an ultra running camp. There aren't any I can see in the UK, but in USA, there are loads, but in the UK, we a lacking (again) in that department...
    Maybe get some runners here to have  a get-to-gether in a group and have a running camp made from that.
  • Pete HoltPete Holt ✭✭✭

my search came up with a few hits.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=running+holidays&*

not sure how good or relevant the hits are tho. :)

• PaulMarshPaulMarsh ✭✭✭
    looking to go to spain or greece and just go on a running holiday, looking to run at least 20 miles per day for a fortnight.
    even if i camp on a beach and run again, thats all you need - sort of survival running camp.

• Hi
    there are a number of running camps / holidays abroad.
    Runinthesun.com have been going for 11 years. Take a look at their website
  • Saw an advert for a female only running camp which from memory was near Nottingham and in April. I've thrown the magazine away that was advertising it and cant find it on Google.
  • Club La Santa in Lanza are year round - you can do all sports there and they start every morning with a run.
  • RoddyMacRoddyMac ✭✭✭
    Tracks and Trails do running camps in the alps
  • How do these even work? Surely everyone runs at different speeds and if not then faster runners are being forced to slow down or slower runners forced to speed up? I'm confused lol.
  • Running the Highlands do good training camps in Scotland, though not over the summer because they're based at Balmoral and the Queen kind of gets in the way then. They have lots of guides and split people into groups of similar ability and who want to run similar distances.
  • Pete HoltPete Holt ✭✭✭
    Slowfoot said:
    How do these even work? Surely everyone runs at different speeds and if not then faster runners are being forced to slow down or slower runners forced to speed up? I'm confused lol.

probably similar to running clubs: people join different pace groups then crack on with runners in their own ability.