Monday Session - 2 December

Lucky I couldn't sleep really :)

What: 3-mile jolly. First proper attempt at running for a fair bit due to injuty.
Why: Obviously don't want to go too far, but I want to go for at least 2 1/2 to 3 miles (if possible) to get a good idea of the state of my foot.

Last hard: Upper body the other day.
Last rest: Yesterday.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    2nd ?
    Just read the reports and threads from yesterday.
    Congrats to all with the pbs.
    Well done Laura, just found my post from Fridays training thread re your race : "Good luck Laura , with all the work and efforts you've been putting in,I think you'll surprise yourself (sub 45 ?)".
    With your time I'd aim for 1.40-42 for a halfM.
    Hilly - sounds like a fun event well done
    MM - Hope the liver is fine today

Did my recovery run yesterday ~7m , and pleased that I did two loops in the middle , both just short of 2miles , within 2 secs of each other.Thats what I call steady pacing!

Today : hill reps (after dark) , intervals on grass (before dark) , depending on when I get out.
    Why : weekly intervals ( a day early)
    Last Rest : Friday
    Last Hard : Saturdays x-c
  • Morning all,

just checked out yesterdays thread, and there were some good pb's out there. Well done everyone!

What : Easy 5-6miler
    Why : Its Monday and yesterday was rest day after cross country on Saturday. Well rest meaning eight hours decorating anyway!

Last Rest : Yesterday
    Last Hard : Saturday
  • what: rest day
    why: as in the schedule. In any case, the calf didn't feel that good yesterday afternoon, so just as well.

last hard day: Fri
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Sat
  • Morning all

Dark. Foggy. But saw sun yesterday for at least a minute.

And it's warmer than the UK.

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: training programme says so
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Saturday
  • Felicitations, all.

What: Snooze
    Why: Zzzzzzzzz......

Zzz.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: am - turbo trainer, pm - weights + 40 minutes steady run
    Why: you wouldn't believe how much a 40 minutes session on a turbo trainer can help your legs recover from a 10k. Much better than a recovery run.
    Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • What - 40 mins on turbo trainer
    Why - first session after a 10 day lay off

Will
  • I also had to read yesterdays postings and well done again to all those whose raced -some really good results - made me all the more frustrated at missing the XC race because of being away. Got our own club XC race to concentrate on for next week - I feel inspired.

What: 5.5m easy

Why: Need a gentle run after quite a bit of walking over the weeekend(certainly different muscles!!) and to work off some of the excessive eating and drinking.

Last Hard: Thusday club night.

Lasdt rest: Friday (walking Saturday and Sunday)

• Well done to all for weekends pbs.

What: Very easy 3 mile recovery run

Why: Because saturday i spent hrs down the gym,and yesterday done 15 miles and worked 12 shift last night, so im a little tired.

Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Thursday

see yous all 2moz
  • Afternoon all,

Cheers Dustin, I remember reading your other post and thinking 'sub45, who is he kidding?' But it seems a reasonable goal now! If I can get some good long runs in December I'll aim for 1.40-1.42 as you suggest.

What: Nothing.
    Why: Can't make club session tonight due to work commitments, and would struggle to do much of a speed session anyway after yesterday.
    However having read Drew's plans for today I feel like I'm skiving!
    Last hard: Yesterday's 10K.
    Last rest: Sat.
  • What : 4 miles tonight
    Why : start of the week.
    Last : Does 1/4 mile in -25 count as a run (Pushing a sledge with two kids on it?), if not then Friday 2 runs, one of 2 miles slow pace and one two hours later of 1.75 miles fast downhill.
    Last Rest : Sunday
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Well done to all who raced at the weekend - especially Laura: fantastic result, you must be really chuffed!

What: 4 miles with 5 x 2 minute intervals.
    Why: Due to a really hectic weekend didn't get a long run in yesterday so need a hard session today.
    Last hard: Friday - 2.7 miles in 19:28 (7.13 pace). Found it quite tough but pleased I was able to sustain the pace, although I think it was a little fast for a tempo run.
    Last rest: Yesterday (Sunday).
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: circits for 1hr
    Why: it's what I do on a Monday. Won't do too much leg work though as ankles are a little sore from yesterday.
    Last hard: yesterday's race.
    Last rest: Sat.
  • Dustin, kind of 2nd, but the 1st was a bit abortive cos I'd not healed properly :)

Slight ache at start of run today, no pain subsequently (except for usual "getting back into it" twinges). Hoorah! :)
  • evenin' all.

hilly, well done on yesterday's great effort - and you're training today, what a star!

what: am. 9 miles, including 5x1mile @ faster than 10K pace; pm. 6 miles steady.
    why: need more miles!
    last severe day: saturday
    last rest: yesterday
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Achilles-some would say mad! To tell the truth I find it better to train the day after a race, even if tired. Circuits uses so many different muscles and I believe it gives core strength!!

As for yesterday, I have to say if anyone wants a fantastic off road race, put the Monty in your diaries for next Dec 7th.
  • So called speedwork
    200m at 11.2kph and 200m at 5.5 kph(yes , i HAVE to walk)
    Warm up and cool down for a total of 2 mon at 2% on treadmill
    Not impressive, tho best i can do
    Await the improvement at 6 weeks with interest
  • Sorry let the side down.
    Didn't run after all too much work to do at home (redecorating). Not sure if I will get one in tonight either.
  • I did a six mile recovery run. Quads still sore from yesterday, not sure if it was a good idea.

Any thoughts on when to run and when to rest?