Monday 3rd April 2017 - While I sit here trying to think of things to say

Morning.

Lyrics - While I sit here trying to think of things to say

No race for me RFJ - just a LSR.

Hope your legs are ok this morning Ollie.

Another nice day forecast so I shall see how far the legs are prepared to bimble and not worry about the pace. Need to burn some calories (anyone else gain weight after running long and eating well?) as Mark wants fish and chips tonight (it's gf night). With a weekend of indulgence and a taper imminent I need to balance things out.

What:           easy miles
Why:            see above
Last hard:    seeing the number on the scales this morning
Last rest:     25/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    I knew there was a reason I seldom weigh myself, just must remember to eat less in taper mode (not  going to be easy)
    what - 5-6 easy *& slow
    why - very tired. 
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - don't think so
  • Dustin - I'm going to have the taper to lose all the weight I'm going to put on this weekend - could be the hardest part of marathon training! Take it easy today.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

When I increased my longer runs in Feb and March I put weight on! Must be careful with over-refueling in future!

What: 5k easy, largely off road, d&d

Why: what both M72 wanted to do on his birthday, and I agreed. Hamstrings less tight but they struggled with inclines. Must get down to this core work!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

yes my scales are unkind at the moment!

What :6 miles
    Why: all foot would do
    Last hard: the foot
    Lyrics: No
    Dr's appointment made for a week today first available appointment for the suspected gout....I just typed Goat think GP would think I am mad with a goat on my foot!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Evening all. :)

LMH: Cheers, ached during my run but otherwise in good nick, hope the easy miles went well.
    Dustin: Hope you enjoy the easy 5/6 miles.
    AH: Nice going on the 5k.
    WP: Good job on the 6 miles today, hope the foot feels better soon.

What: 1 mile run and a 6.2 mile cycle to and from work.
    Why: Streak Maintenance and save on bus fare. :p 
    Current Streak: Day 472.
    Yesterday's Lyrics: 'The Boys Are Back In Town' - Thin Lizzy.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • That's a nice cycle commute to keep you moving Ollie. Bodes well that there are no ill effects today. My easy run was another nice one enjoying the good weather thanks.

Hopefully it will pass soon if it is a gout attack Poppy.

I wouldn't mind quite so much if I'd been eating badly Alehouse but I actually thought I'd been very good. I expect to be rather heavy on Monday morning and am not looking forward to trying to get back to racing weight in the taper. Mind you it's not bothering me enough to even think of foregoing coffee and cake on Thursday or the planned weekend over indulgence:-)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done yesterday Ollie and Dustin.

Sorry to hear about your foot pain, poppy.

Strangely enough I have no problems keeping my weight down since I limited my running. Who would have thought .... I took up running so I could eat loads :)
    Still greedy but yoga, swimming and gym plus the occasional jog seem to do the trick.

What: circuits
    Why: strength
    Last hard: I find circuits tough
    Last rest-17/2
    Lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Sorry LMH - must have mis read

nice 7m club run tonight

Devizes half planned for Sunday

Take care