Tuesday, 4th April 2017

Lyrics: remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Off to spin class soon. Have a good day all :)

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Long Long Way To Go by Phil Collins.

Interesting about your weight chicksta. Do you think you just don't get as hungry or is it a different mindset because you don't feel that you've earned or need the calories or something else?

A mild if grey day forecast with it getting colder for the next few days. No work so hope to take advantage of it with a medium or long run. Physio this afternoon.

What:           easy miles
    Why:             London
    Last hard:     managing this knee isn't easy
    Last rest:      25/2

Lyrics - don't think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning What 8ish Why not been out for a couple of weeks Lyrics no Finally got out the door this morning. Have been overtired the last couple of weeks.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    I have to admit I never really worry about my weight or indeed what I eat. Just seems to have fallen off this training cycle, but then again, I've never averaged 60-70/week for 3 months solid before (usually max at 40-50 with the odd 60).
    What - supposed to be club set of 100m reps but I'll probably do these off road at home
    why - easier
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - struggled through 10k easy yesterday tbh
    lyric - don't think so
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good to see you Postie: steady does it!

Soon time to back off, LMH!

Drizzly here at present but supposed to be sunny this pm, although looks unlikely at present. 

What: 30 minutes, perhaps

Why: see what the legs feel like. It is a "what the legs feel like" couple of weeks. No plan...although tomorrow will be longer when I run back from taking my timesheet in.

Looks like an ironing and cleaning morning! Gardening pm, hopefully.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Sounds like training is catching up with you, Dustin. Hope you feel better today.

Promise your knee it'll get a break if it lasts through VLM, LMH :wink:

Hi Postie

Re. weight loss: I eat even more than I did when I was running loads :open_mouth:  I think it's the variety of different exercises that somehow tricks my metabolism into burning more fat and possibly also the fact that I've built a little muscle tone over the past couple of months. I always thought I was very fit when I ran but turns out that that wasn't the case. My core was rubbish, my glutes and abductors weak, no shoulder strength etc.  I nearly keeled over in my first yoga class coz my legs were trembling so badly in warrior and triangle. It was ridiculous :D

What: an hour of spin and some weights
    Why: it's what I do on a Tuesday
    Last hard: circuits yesterday
    Last rest: 17/2

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

All sounds far too energetic, Chick! Or should that be Gymchick?

What: a not particularly energetic 31 minutes, off road.

Why: legs were feeling a lot better and threw a few gentle hills in. Now for a little core work. And I mean a little. Mustn't rush things!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Friday is when I intend to start cutting back Alehouse with a couple of easier days before the 10k.

Looking forward to the taper Dustin?

Interesting chicksta - apparently although I just run my core strength etc is quite good. I always used to put that down to the swimming and cycling but as it's been over two years since I did either I don't think it can be that anymore.

Good to see you postie.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon

What 6 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: the foot or the scales as both are not pretty
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last rest 18/03

I have done some weights and the 21 day arm challenge begins again:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon (or maybe evening)

What: a gingerly ran 5.4 km
    Why: tonsillitis just going. Am left with a rather nasty cough (that's why I've been AWOL)
    Last hard: concussion, tonsillitis, work nightmares! In Sheffield all week training. It's hilly here!
    Lyrics: nope

Is the knee still grumbling lmh?
    Dustin that's an awful lot of training
    Chick wow!
    Wp foot?

Have a lovely evening all
  • What: no run. possibly badminton
    Why: rubbish run yesterday. Set out for LSR, found myself walking within first mile and cut it short to 5 and a bit miles.
    last hard: see above
    last rest: last Wednesday 
    lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    good evening,

Lyrics, I believe so

what - 10 x 300m intervals off 150 rec
    why - speed, the battle for a sub 20 5k
    last hard - tonight
    last rest - Friday

Take care all
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hi all. frequently use the 30 day challenges cyclically, especially squats and plank. Highly recommend
    Lyrics: Nope
    What : 50 mins steady
    Why: Recovery run and no colleague/gazelle :-(
    Last hard: Getting out the door today
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Back tomorrow, I hope
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Lyrics: Definite yes!  Great song, great album, and great band.  B)

What: Same as yesterday, 1 mile run, 10k cycle.
    Why: Why not.
    Current Streak: Day 473.

Hope all is good with everyone.
    Have a good day. image