Wednesday 5th April 2017 - Please don't get me started

Morning.

Lyrics - Please don't get me started

Blimey emzap that sounds like a lot to be going on with. Yes, my knee is still playing up but currently manageable fortunately.

That doesn't sound good OH but we do all get bad runs. Hopefully it was a one off.

What:             short and easy
Why:              an easier day is in order
Last hard:      I'm trying to keep it easy
Last rest:       25/2 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• What: maybe chlorine pit
    why: cross training and blowing a gale
    last hard: Monday  :(
    last rest: last week
    lyrics: no
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Morning. :)

What: Same again (1 mile + cycle)
    Why: Why not?
    Current Streak: Day 474.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    OH - Hope it was a one off
    Emz - sounds like you're having a tough time of late!
    Chick - heard alot of good things about yoga. It's one of those things I keep saying I'll do, but it's finding the right class at a time I can do. Yes I know I can do it alone, but would I really do it?
    LmH - tapering really from now
    what - easy lunchtime
    why - recovery
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday.
    10k easy off road then joined the village group's session (6x2 minutes). I'm not knocking it but Tuesday would appear to be women's only beginner group. I was the lone male in a group of about 30. a few competent runners but mostly they were C25K graduates. I didn't expect to be told I'm "showing off" because I was doing my 2 minutes at my 5km pace....
    Bizarre really as the weekend runs have a whole array of different abilities and speeds (and mix of genders!) 
  • LOL at you showing off Dustin. My issue with doing yoga alone is that I think I'd get it all wrong and probably do myself an injury!

Please keep your weather OH - I'd really like a warm, dry, still weekend.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: sound familiar, so that's no then.

What: 10k, fairly gentle. Cold and blustery: 7 degrees and wish I'd worn a hat. 

Why: took the tram to take time sheet in, and then ran back largely off road. Wind against the whole way.  

C'mon Spurs, Wabo! And a rare occasion when I will be favouring Man City! Leicester now seem to be out of danger!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Made me smile Dustin. Don't do chlorine pit AOH as swim like a brick
    What: casual six
    Why: No one to run with (Again)
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest; Monday
    Lyrics: Not today
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Dustin, you old show-off :D
    I do most yoga on my own. There's a fab channel on YouTube: Yoga with Adriene. She has bazillions of fantastic videos for all abilities on there and isn't taking things too seriously which is right up my street. Some of them are only 10-15 mins which is great if you're pressed for time. I used classes mainly to avoid mistakes.

Em: Ouch. Hope you feel better soon.

OH: Enjoy the chlorine pit.

Ale: Gymchick made me smile :)

LMH: IM training probably gave you permanent core strength :). TBH if I hadn't got injured I doubt I would have introduced any variety into my training. But with all the time on my hands that is now not eaten up by long and medium long runs I had to find something to stop me from going mad.

What: 6 miles done am, yoga planned pm
    Why: it's what I do
    Last hard: circuits
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics: Shine on you crazy diamond, Pink Floyd

• Alehouse - I saw this and thought of you:-)

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyvJgfvaQM&feature=youtu.be
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Couldn't get the link to work, LMH! Good to know you are thinking of me though!

Thanks for the Yoga with Adrienne suggestion, Chick: will have a look!

The guy I met up with at Hyde Park sent me a dvd of part of the race. Not a good watch! Looked little, old and fat! The camera never lies, they say! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: 30 min core and strength in hotel
    Why: running was fine yesterday, but afterwards couldn't stop coughing.  Hotel room walls are very very thin and I feel really sorry for the guy next to me :confused:
    Last hard: this week is hard...will have worked 40 hours in 4 days (I work a 30 hour week).
    Lyrics: nope

Things can only get better from here on in though.  Training was really interesting so glad I came up for it.  Off home tomorrow :)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

quick post, 5.25m earlier

Keeping busy

Take care