Friday 7th April 2017 - The world is my oyster........

Morning.

Lyrics - The world is my oyster........

Glad you're feeling better emzap. Hope you have a good weekend.

I'm not sure if I'll have internet over the weekend as we are off to North Norfolk for a couple of nights taking in the Bourne Run In The Woods 10k on our way home followed by lunch with friends. I know that RFJ is racing this weekend so hope he and anyone else has a good one.

What:                short and easy/travel/short and easy
Why:                 I love to run by the sea
Last hard:         Not piling on weight over this weekend will be hard
Last rest:          25/2
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

OH: It must be so hard and change is always hard I also don't do change well
    Dustin WOW never had one but sounds a record
    Em: I hope you are okay that sounds hectic
    Chick: Makes you wonder about folk!

What: run
    Why: it is what I do
    Last hard The foot
    Lyrics: No
    Last rest 18/03

I ran yesterday and the foot felt the best it has been but it was a lot later in the day so hoping it will feel okay today.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    I have a soft spot for sweet things, so could easily dismantle a tray of cakes and a box of KKs, just need to show control: a bit like capping pace in the early stages of a marathon....
    Had salted caramel yesterday, again had to limit the number of pieces!
    I also need to check out the video of Ale in action 
    LmH - Enjoy the break, where are you staying? Family (Father's side from that part of the world (Happisburgh)
    Wabo - Footy going well, had a small wager on Spurs yesterday at 11/1, couple of easier games coming up with respect to Chelsea's next two.
    OH - I understand your feelings, but it's a new chapter and I'm sure you'll adapt! Lighter mornings and evenings will help!
    what - steady miles
    why - tapering
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - putting that 6th slice back ;-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Enjoy your weekend LMH, especially new age group day...an make the most of it in Sunday's race!

Yesterday's lyrics: "They shoot horses don't they", Racing Cars.

Lyrics: not today

Hope the foot is ok, WP!

What: short and easy

Why: it is an easy week...not that it has felt like it.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I wish! (lyrics)
    What: last day at work, then out for meal with 2 of offspring to celebrate middle daughter being accepted for PhD in Bristol ...
    Why: Times of Change
    Last hard: another cr@p 5.3 last night
    Last rest: last week (maybe time for more)
    Lyrics: no

Not looking like the start of summer yet
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Enjoy today, OH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks AH
    Googling yesterday's lyrics (without quotes) resulted in a page of references to "Here we go round the Mulberry Bush"! ;)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Racing Cars, from 1977, OH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4L6HW5mQE

And the world is indeed your oyster!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 25 minutes d&d

Why: all I wanted to do today
  • I knew I should have known yesterday's lyrics.

Enjoy the evening out OH and please pass on my congratulations to the future different kind of doctor:-)

Wells Next Sea Dustin.

I shall do my best on all counts Alehouse. May have internet but who knows?

Off now so will catch up whenever.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OMG, I've yet to encounter people in the pool reading a book :wink:
    LMH: with your phenomenal speed your stride length can't that bad :)  Enjoy the weekend.

Em: Hope you can relax a bit over the WE.

Dustin: salted caramel - yum!

What: yoga & core d&d this morning, may do a run later but may wimp out as it's cold and windy
    Why: maintenance
    Last hard: circuits
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: yes. I used to have a band t-shirt back in the days :D
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: cycle into town and now off to physio
    Why: I cough when I exert myself
    Last hard: coughing seems to be good for my abs!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a nice trip LMH.  
    OH congrats to your daughter
    WP glad the foot is getting better

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon1

Race report, Wabo?! Am just listening to cricket (Essex v Lancs) and the commentator is talking about bright blue skies and something yellow; here the temperature is in single figures with a cold wind!

Emz: physio? Is that still for your calf? Hope that cough disappears!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow busy!!!
    Alehouse first things first.  For those who do not know, assembly league is the summer league for my club.  I have been doing these races since 2000 and beckenham is not the nicest to be fair.  I have a blooming long drive round the m25 over the Dartford bridge and all for 2.98 miles!! For the last nearly 2 years I just haven't bothered but since running every day I feel sort of mojo'd up!! So I set off last night, got there pretty painlessly and moaned to one mate, it's 2.98 why can't they finish a bit up the hill and make it 3.... careful what you wish for.  I went in the club only to find the course is completely new and maybe longer.... The course was just lovely, in a golf course up and down, mixed terrain, what can I say?  I was so happy I went, but wait for it, it was 2.97!!!
    emzap, hope that cough goes soon and the physio is nice...
    chick, not wimping out you've done lots already!
    lmh wells next sea is lovely I was there last weekend! Enjoy yourself
    oh, nice one have a great celebratory meal
    dustin salted caramel, yum,glad you had a win!
    wp, nice work hope the foot continues to settle
    what: hiit done, will be a tiny run later
    why: raced last night and park run tomorrow
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12

have great weekends all, off to Spurs again tomorrow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Afternoon. :)

LMH
    : Enjoy your weekend, have fun at the races.
    AH: Were yesterday's lyrics referencing the Grand National?
    OH: Enjoy your last day, and congrats to your daughter.
    WP: Hope you enjoyed the run.
    Dustin: Hope the steady miles went well.
    Chicksta: Nice yoga work, hope you got a run in.
    Emzap: Good going on the cycle, hope the cough doesn't last.
    Wabo: Nice running at the Assembly League, and good to hear the streak continues.

What: Mile plus cycle.
    Why: Work/life cycle.
    Current Streak: Day 476.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon...and a pleasant sunny one at that. Weather suddenly improved around 3 and now up to the dizzy heights of 13.

OL: the lyrics yesterday were inspired by seeing the DVD of myself running. Don't know how to transfer it from a DVD onto here so you can all see what I mean! Perhaps a good thing. (And thanks for the idea for the lyrics to Ric on SG's thread.) Tomorrow I may well drag myself around Bruntwood at 9 a.m.

Hope today has not been too traumatic, OH, and enjoy this evening. I will have one in HM for you!

Glad you enjoyed the AL, Wabo! And enjoy the match. I have left Deeney out of my fantasy team. He will therefore score a hat-trick and Spurs will lose. Hope you get to parkrun beforehand!
  • What a coincidence Wabo! Sounds as though you enjoyed the race last night.

Had a good drive down with a stop in Sunny Hunny for lunch. Checked into the B&B then Mark and I went out for a lovely 5 mile run into and through the Holkham estate, down to the sea then along the coast path to Wells and up to the quay. Stopped for a cider in the old stables in the car park, back to the B&B and just thinking of going for a wander to look for some dinner. What a great Friday.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    nice running Wabo

race well those that are racing this weekend

As LMH said, Im racing at Devises Half, looking to go fasther than Pafos (1:38:15)

Still planning a hard parkrun in the morning

Take care