Paris Marathon 2017

Comments

• kennokenno ✭✭✭
    Thanks for organising Eggy

Nice to meet you too Katey. Just think of tomorrow as a few hours without your kids driving you crazy :-). That's what long runs are for ;-)
  • Good luck everyone. Gutted to be sitting this one out on the doctor's orders. All the best!!!
  • kateykatey ✭✭✭
    Quick question if anyone is still up.

Which metro is best for the start with the least amount of walking? They list a few ...
  • kennokenno ✭✭✭
    Charles de Gaulle etoile 
  • nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Ah shit. Its happening.
  • Good running/supporting/lurking everyone!  :)
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone had the most amazing day. Well done to all of you who made it both to the start line (as many of us did not due to injuries) and the finish line. Wear that medal and tee shirt with pride!
  • Hope you all get the times your looking for, gutted to not be there with you
  • Stunned! Ran a new PB of 3.11.58 - taking nearly 3 minutes off my previous best time! Had no expectation of running anything close to that in this heat (it's brutal isn't it!) but flew round the first half and almost kept waiting for the wheels to fall off... but they didn't! The last 10k was not pretty though - had to dig so so deep, but so pleased with my time! 

Hope everyone has had great races and are pleased with how they did :) This truly is the greatest race in the world. Yes it was/is roasting on the course, but my goodness did Paris look beautiful today!
  • RoddyMacRoddyMac ✭✭✭
    Pulled out at 25k heat killed. me stopped by medic don't know if it was my wobbly gait or the bleeding nose. Gutted but probably right decision I was ok till half way then wheels came of 45 min from halfway to 25 no way was I going to make it.
  • OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Roddymac. Gutted for you, mate, but glad that you were sensible and stopped. 
    There will be others. Hope you recover quickly. 
    Beer is excellent recovery fuel. 
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    RoddyMac - Gutted for you. It sounds like it was the right decision though. Hope you feel alright.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Steve Duffy 2 - Well done! Cracking PB that, and doubley so given today's conditions.

I also had a great race. Felt like I was coasting until the final 10km then the heat started to take its toll on me. Delighted to finish in 3:46, which is only two minutes slower than my PB. I wasn't expecting to run anywhere near that today. 
  • RoddyMacRoddyMac ✭✭✭
    Glad you all had a good race. Eggy I'm fine cold bath and some food
  • That's amazing pace Steve! Well done!! 

Roddymac, really good decision I would say! Not many are brave enough to do that! Very sensible thing to do than end up in crashing midway! 

Brilliant run Eggy, great time with you coming back from your injury!! 

Me, finished 3:34.. 6 mins OFF my PB, still 4 mins slower than the planned target..  I was on target till 40th km.. Last two kms felt like death March. Lost 4 minutes in 2K.. There is always next time
  • TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Eggy, Steve and Madhu2, great times with the heat
    Roddymac sorry to hear that but glad you are safe
  • Sorry to hear that Roddymac, it was tough out there today.
    Well done Steve, Eggy and Madhu2.  
    3:02:27 for me.  That last 6m was tough, I lost my bearings in those woods and thought we'd never come out.
  • nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone. Especially Katey - that heat in the afternoon must have been horrific, max respect.

3:12 for me, new PB by 23 minutes. Paying for it now though, had to lie in a cool dark room for a few hours.

See you guys in the frog in a bit. I'm the ugly one in grey T-shirt.
  • kennokenno ✭✭✭
    Well done Katey. Really really pleased for you. 
  • Well that was warm towards the end (for me). I kept thinking of those starting over an hour later.

Missed my target by half an hour, but never mind. Knee held out, but just didn't have the training in my legs.
  • TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Katey well done!
    nicko, Macca and Graham well done too! It looked really hot I'm glad I wasn't running but miss the experience
  • FRG2FRG2 ✭✭✭
    Great times everyone!
    Sorry you didn't make it Roddymac.
    I'm slow and steady... a lot slower and a lot less steady once we reached Bois de Boulogne. 
    Finished. Got medal and good-sized shirt.
    Thanks for all your help and advice over the past few months. Was lovely to meet some of you this morning. 
    Haven't signed up for next year...
  • NellsNells ✭✭✭
    Some fantastic times on here! I was going quite well until mile 20 ish, then started gradually slowing until a death march from about 24 miles. Still an 8 minute PB for me at 4:36 so I won't complain about it. 

Katey - I'm so glad you made it. I didn't manage to speak to you 
  • Thanks everyone for your friendly hospitality! Hope to get back one year
  • Evening everyone and well done to everyone and hope you all made it round and were happy with your run.
    I made it round my first marathon at the age of 50!  A bit slower than I hoped at 5hr 7 mins but my legs were done in by about mile 23 and the last bit seemed to go on for eternity.
    It was so lovely to meet some of you last night and sorry didn't get to photo this morning. I had an anxious tummy thing going on and thought I would stay near my own loo for as long as I could.
    Nells your advice and programme suggestion got me round - so thanks.
    I look forward to hearing how others got on. Sleep well all 
  • TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Well done Pancake2!
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone. Some great running today in tough conditions.

It was good to catch up with a few of you in the pub tonight.
  • Some epic stories on here - hope everyone is feeling good this morning. It was a race of two halves for me yesterday - for the first 23 miles or so I was very comfortable, well within target pace and thought I'd be cruising in. Then I started to cramp up and feel really sick, had to start an unplanned walk break and thought I'd be walking in the whole way. I did perk up a bit eventually and managed some more running and finished in 4:30 in the end, 10 mins over my target time, but I've come to realise that long slow ultra training doesn't necessarily lead to fast marathon times.

Now, time to find some croissants...
  • 1992km1992km ✭✭✭
    I had no idea what I would run and was aiming for four. I ran 3:47 which I'm happy  with. In an earlier thread someone pointed me towards the race time predictor using training mileage which ended up being accurate within three mins. 
    Also really appreciated the comments on here and Sat night re banking energy , practical earnings about tunnels and fruit. 

So thanks all very much.

Now Berlin.