Monday 10th April 2017 I'd like to paint your face up in the sky

Morning!

Lyrics: I'd like to paint your face up in the sky

What: something later this morning, but will have to see how the legs feel

Why: Tired. Was up late watching the Masters.

There's a clue in there somewhere!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    what - easy 5
    why - recovery
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - Saturday
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sunny Sunday by Joni Mitchell.

Another bright and sunny one here though chillier than yesterday.

I'm already fighting the 'should I just do one ore long run' urge. I hate tapering. Busy today and tomorrow which should help though. I was fortunate enough to get a lovely purple Garmin 230 for my birthday and I have to say I love it, it's so light after the brick of a 310xt and very easy to use.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            damage limitation/taper
    Last hard:    not doing a long run today
    Last rest:     25/2

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to an easy week: will be about 40-45miles. I'll gain nothing from another long run: 3x1 mile tomorrow, strides Thursday & around 13-14 on Sunday (miles not eggs). Padded out with 4-6 easy Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 35 minutes at a gentle pace, although my legs didn't want to know.

Why: tired, legs are struggling. Suspect it is from increasing the core work a little. And it is so cold this morning: 8.5 degrees, strong wind and a some icy rain. Regretted having no gloves or hat! What a difference a day or two makes!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon all. Popping in for a catch up. Hope all had a good weekend. I'll read back
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: 1 hour steady
    Why: No one to run with
    Last Hard: Sat parkrun 21.21, seven secs off pb
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Happy tapering VLMers
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Nice parkrunning, SC. Are you allowed hard running again?

Well done on coming 1st lady, LMH. How amazing - you nearly broke the course record without really trying. Quality!!

It's turned grim here too, ale. Wanted to got for a swim only to find the pool shut for maintenance. And I was overjoyed as I turned into the virtually empty car park thinking, GREAT, I'll have a lane to myself :D

Of course I then remembered faintly that there was a notice stuck somewhere in the changing rooms telling everyone that the pool would be closed this week. DOH ...

What: 4 miles lunchtime run on the treadie
    Why: had to do something and luckily there was a bit of spare kit in my desk drawer
    Last hard: having to change plans. I'm not one bit flexible :)
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Run to HR so means building base mileage. Nothing over 160 so happy with that although would love a sub 20 :-) Always good to keep spare kit at work.
  • Base is under rated SC.

I had no idea chicksta, if I had I might no have eased back when I realised that a PB wasn't happening or if I hadn't have had to check slightly when the herd of deer galloped across our path with both us and them in full flight - it was something to see (and only a little scary). Glad you had the kit and could adapt.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: about to head to running club
    Why: it's Monday, I'm not ill or injured and I'm here
    last hard: being ill
    Lyrics: nope

Not feeling too bad after yesterday's long run and walk.  Let's see if the legs can do the intervals tonight though...

Have a great evening all.
  • Evening

LMH: Sounds like you love your new Garmin :)
    What: 6 miles
    Why: all I had time for
    Last hard: getting up out of bed
     But got the all clear my foot was just tendonitis and not gout so that made me happy:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening again

11 km in total including 2x800, 2 x 600, 4x400m (off 200 m recoveries) followed by 4x100 m off 100 m recoveries.  I can feel it now after yesterday's run...

Glad that it;s not gout WP, my Dad suffers from it  and it's not nice.

Have a lovely evening all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening,

gained an extra place by the looks of it by virtue of a DQ at yesterdays race, a few people have been DQ'd on the results for wearing headphones (clearly stated in all race material and at start with signs / leaflets and verbal.

5.55m club run tonight

Good session Emzap

Take care all
  • Rest over weekend seems to have done some good: 7 this morning up Wideford Hill, swim this afternoon then 5k Loop with Monday evening loop group
    why: because I can
    last hard: last week
    last rest: Sunday and no running over weekend
    Lyrics - not a scoobie

That's one of the many advantages of the sea Chicksta;)