Thursday 13th April 2017 - I'll wait here for you for I'm broken.

Morning.

Lyrics - I'll wait here for you for I'm broken.

Nice dinner OH! Hope you have a good weekend away - you decided not to run then?

I had a really rough night with my arm, knee isn't too bad but my arm just isn't working properly. Can't decide if it needs an x-ray, probably but I hate bothering A&E. I guess if it's still as bad/worse tomorrow I'll get Mark to take me - at least there won't be any clinics on so we may be able to park and if we go first thing it might not take all day.

What:              not much at all
Why:               can't do much (running or otherwise)
Last hard:       the ground when I hit it/the enforced extreme taper
Last rest:        25/2

Yesterday's lyrics - The Final Countdown - Europe.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Bonjour!

Sorry to hear, LMH. Let's hope it is just bruising.

Lyrics: no, but should have got yesterday's.

What: probably 30 minutes

Why: match what I did yesterday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I think it probably is Alehouse, it's a little strange though, fingers work fine but I can't grip anything with any power or lift anything despite the fact that the arm mostly moves ok (can't straighten my elbow fully, make a pony tail, do my bra up.....). Walking Grace this morning I decided that I probably could run, arm is more of an issue than knees which is good, but that doing so is unlikely to achieve anything and could be counterproductive so I shall be sensible and refrain. Hope you have a nice run. Is the weather good?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH that is not good.  I'm sorry for you.  Maybe better to get it checked out sooner rather than later?  Please look after yourself

OH you are making me hungry....

What: hopefully 10-12 km
    Why: hopefully because I didn't sleep well last night and now am feeling very sick (happens when I'm very tired)
    Last hard: between 4 and 5.30 am...
    Lyrics: nope but sound appropriate!

Have a lovely day all.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    LmH - Ouch, and not the best timing. Sounds a bit like a prolonged "dead arm" (can that happen?) as I'd imagine anything broken would be more painful - especially moving the fingers.
    Best get it checked out just to confirm, although I appreciate the hatred of bothering A&E.
    Emz - have a lovely run, hope it helps get rid of the sick feeling
    OH - that looks stunning
    what - U11 coaching 2-3 easy miles
    why - tapering, but just want to get the bloody thing over with now
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - having some patience...
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Ooops, LMH, heal well and quickly. Chicksta...hope things improve. OH great pics. Dustin...patience...it'll be worth it on 23rd
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: See who is available
    Why: Need to run stuff out of my system. Grrr
    Last Hard: Yesterday's round trip to Bala
    Last Rest: In theory, yesterday!
    Breaking up now for Easter so hopefully get some good(ish) runs in over the next few days and possibly a decent parkrun Sat.
  • I think it's most probably muscular Dustin, there is a fair amount of swelling from the elbow down but could potentially be a fracture in either the ulna or radius.

I know that feeling SC - do a couple of miles for me?

Hope you feel better soon emzap.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Bugger, LMH. Sorry to hear it's still bad. Yeah, better get that xray. I hear you about not wanting to bother A&E.

SC: Running is great for anger management :)

OH: that's one dramatic picture!

Hope you feel better, em.

What: hopefully gym later
    Why: back problems
    Last hard: turning over in bed is agony at the moment
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Is it the problem with the spinal column that's causing the back pain chick?

Did the route of the local 10km (though starting from home which adds an extra hill to an already crazy hilly route).  Managed the 10km in 59 min then an extra km jog home.  A few weeks to go until the race still so would like to do that route a few more times to familiarise myself with the route (and the pain!).

Think part of my problem is I'm not eating enough.  Getting the balance right is tough at the moment for some reason.

Let us know if you manage to get it checked out LMH and what they say.

• I don't think I'm going to bother them. It's manageable.

It doesn't help when you can't sleep chicksta.

Are you trying to lose weight emzap? I'm having the opposite problem - need to stop eating too much whilst tapering/not running at all!
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Interesting briskish 4.5 with some undulates/hills/slopes (like most runs in these 'ere parts) with one unbroken colleague. Feel so much better for it. Was going to cut it short but had to do a couple of miles for LMH. Mend soon. Chicksta, no pain relief available from doc for night times? 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH sort of, I want to lose about another kg having lost 2.5 already since moving back here.  However, yesterday and today I'm feeling funny and can only put it down to hunger.  I think it may have been what made me not able to sleep last night as well...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: 6k largely road and cobbles

Why: sightseeing. Weather sunny yesterday but grey and cooler today. Better for walking around. Yesterday was sitting outside bars.

How was your 10k Wabo?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks SC, it's appreciated:-)

That's quite a lot to lose in a short time emzap. Could be you're overdoing it. 
  • Swelling plus any limitation of movement would be strongly suspicious of fracture until proven otherwise. X-ray definitely indicated LMH

productive day today: Sea Swim after few town errands; replaced two taps; stripped and fixed van door (window and outside latch not functioning) followed by 8 wet miles!
    why: now have time!
    Off tomorrow but no ultra for me. Visiting friends in Kirkcaldy afterwards.
    last hard: last week
    Last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: no