Friday 14th April 2017 - Golden eyes

Morning.

Lyrics - Golden eyes
             Feed my role

That's not what I wanted to hear OH but thank you. If the waiting time comes down (currently over four hours according to the website) I will think seriously about it or I could go to the local minor injuries, they'll have an x-ray won't they? It is a little better this morning as in the strength of my grip has improved slightly. Sounds as though you're making god use of your extra time. I bet it won't be long until you're back doing some work though. Hope you enjoy the weekend away and Els has a god run.

A grey start to the long weekend here and a chilly one forecast. Had hoped to get out new Ikea bed built (for the spare room) but I'm afraid I'm not going to be much use as a second pair of hands.

What:               will see after Grace's walk but hope to manage a few easy miles
Why:                mental health/weight management
Last hard:        still the ground
Last rest:          13/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Broken by Jake Bugg.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Sorry LMH, but better to check out and avoid potentially reversible damage.

What: on the boat
    Why: heading south for Els's ultra
    Last hard: last week
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no

Probably no running today.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no 

What: 20 mins d&d

Why: need to pack and get to Beauvais airport

Enjoy your weekend s 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good luck to Els. How far is her race?

LMH: OH knows his stuff. I think you'd better have it checked out. Fingers crossed.

SC: no painkillers for that sort of pain. I have a selection of various pills to take the edge off the worst pain but they don't mask it completely. And they make me dizzy and unable to drive which is pants :(

First injection is scheduled for May 5. A mix of a little running, yoga, swimming and exercises should help to manage. Not looking forward to travelling to Vienna next weekend. I hope I won't let the team down.

Coffee first, then figuring out what to do training-wise.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: Wales and hiking hopefully.
    Why: Easter
    Last hard: yesterday's 10 km
    Lyrics: don't think so.

Have a lovely Easter weekend everyone and lmh look after yourself
  • 31 miles (Tartan Skidaddle) for Els
  • Thanks OH - fractured radial head:-(

You won't let anyone down chicksta.

Hope Wales isn't too wet emzap. Maybe you could be SC a running companion whilst you're there?

That as a short break Alehouse.

So, the nurse (Minor Injuries Unit) was very supportive of the fact that I'm doing London 'well, you're going to run it now anyway aren't you' so didn't tell me not to run (though she did say that I mustn't fall over:-) I've been stuck in an old fashioned sling and go back to fracture clinic on the 25th, obviously won't run in the sling so she's given me a couple of bits of Tubigrip to wear to see if that helps to support it.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    LmH - I think the technical term is "oh bollocks" but hopefully it doesn't stop your London endeavours.
    Emz - sounds like a decent w/e planned
    OH - enjoy the trip and hope Els has a good run
    What - an hour easy over the woods/fields
    Why - taper
    Last rest - arguably yesterday, 2 very easy miles whilst with the kids
    last hard - out manoeuvring a herd of cows this morning
    lyric - possibly
    Have a lovely w/e 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, LMH! Not good news. 

Just three nights away, Tuesday to Friday, so equivalent of a long weekend. Currently wasting time at the airport! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    SC where in Wales are you? We are near Pembroke. Plans to hike in Brecons called off due to train, but it's OK here by the coast.

Lmh no plaster? I guess it doesn't help the radial head but would have thought it may support it a bit.
  • LMH : Sorry to hear the news:-( Lets hope it heals quicker than they think.

Em: That is where a lot of my family are from nice part of the world and Brecon is breathtaking:-)
    OH: Enjoy your trip and Els enjoys the ultra.
    Dustin Cows whilst tapering:-)

What: 4 miles
    Why: Because it keeps me sane
    Last hard: Legs being a little wooden
    Lyrics: yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • A cast wouldn't help emzap. Need to keep the elbow mobile and it's only 2-3  weeks all being well.

Fingers crossed Poppy.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, LMH. Hope it won't affect your running too much :o

Wow, 31 miles. Els must be pretty hardcore. Respect.

Brecons are gorgeous.

What: 5 miles run and an hour of back and core exercises
    Why: keep the pain in check
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 17/2
    Lyrics: yes
  • It won't affect me as much as the damage I did to my 'good' knee is chicksta but that has a week to get better.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Love the Brecons, might be training there 3 weeks after the marathon. Done both marathons and ultras there, well it is nice and flat...
    WP - yep, easy trail route, they must have mooooved the cows back in recently (sorry couldn't resist!)
  • Better news than olecranon LMH, but still could be rather sore on a marathon.

Now in Callander after long drive.

Did wonder about cows in central London, Dustin, then remembered Good Friday is public holiday in England.
  • There is a free 5k not-a-parkrun in Callander tomorrow. May well do that.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Where to start: Emzap, live in Monmouth work in Abertillery so South East Side. LMH, agree with Dustin re-technical term, run but please be careful and hope the knee heals soon AOH enjoy 5K. Chicksta....I feel your pain. Dustin, clear up the perceived ambiguity please. Were you out  manouevring the cows or outmanoeuvring the cows? :-)
    Lyrics: Can't say I do
    What: 7 miles gentle in a new location (Usk)
    Why: Higher management had an appointment so I had some time to enjoy
    Last Hard: Not getting up at my usual time this morning
    Last Rest: Thursday