Overdone it?

Comments

• Yeah I don't remember but whatever the method, I'm happy to go through the spreadsheet and update ...
  • You must defer Skinny otherwise you won't be able to do it next year.
    i've had a quick glance at the weather forecast and it looks promising
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I'm just looking forward to getting really really pissed afterwards.
  • Where is everyone getting really, really pissed ? The Red Lion ?
  • Pete - a couple of our club records were broken at the weekend, so new records were published on facebook yesterday.  I notice that you would take the V60 records for 5miles and 10k.  
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I doubt I'd be able to push my way to the bar at the Red Lion by the time I finish, Muddy. In fact, I don't think I've ever actually bought a drink in any pub near the finish line! Fifi & I are staying in Greenwich so we'll probably need to head back there for a shower and some food before devoting the rest of the day to getting quite pissed.
  • TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

afternoon all, no parkruns for me in the end thanks to mini thedan having his shots/teething over the last few weekends which has led to a number of sleepless nights. On the upside I now have a walking baby rather than a crawling one, fune times!

Also I'm a little older than the TTT suggests (34) and a little lighter (11st) if you could update that please skinny

• Updated for two birthdays for T'Dan which have both cost him a pound in weight. By 48 you will weigh less than me.

Good luck to everybody at the weekend.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    T'dan, what start are you on, Sunday? 6 x 400m done at lunchtime at around 5k pace. Bit of physio later then 3 at mp tomorrow to round it all off.
  • TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭
    not sure DT, I had an attack of paranoia this morning and dug out the magazine and confirmation letter but cant remember what it is right now, I'll check once I get home
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I must agree with Lit in that the Red Lion is impossibly difficult to fight through to the bar, just when you want to grab an easy pint and relax.
  • TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

Additionally, although I appreciate its a little presumptuous, I've made a newer version of the TTT with a few aesthetic alterations;

I've frozen the headings so you can view the stats while scrolling across the page

I've grouped gold, silver and bronze so that you can minimise each via the - symbol at the top of the page for easier viewing

I've hidden the people in bronze (rather than make the column thin) who aren't currently in the TTT

Obviously feel free to disregard this if you prefer the original version

• Haha - I particularly like the way you have edited it so that you are the only person who does not appear without scrolling across!

My version did have the columns hidden I think not just skinny (skinny by name...). 

However you have reinstated Marrows and hidden Madbee - as they are both joyously out of action it doesn't really matter.

In fact of all 16 of us the majority are either
    Inactive on this thread - V, BBB, Marrows, CC, Velloo or
    Inactive on the road - Skinny, Mace, Madbee, McF and Pete now too.

:'(  :'(:'(
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

As I am currently an ever present in both scenarios, I should just be promoted to the gold league by default.

I am surprised Bob has not been on of late as from what I've seen on connect he's doing pretty well with his comeback.

• Anyone struggling with the maths as I included Marrows and Madbee it should have stated 17 not 16.

There are 7 of you actually Active in both a thread and running way.

PS T'Dan - (and this is not said in a hissy fit way) if you would like to have a whirl at updating the TTT for a while that is fine by me.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Does that mean T'Dan will have full authority when there are queries over allocation of prizes etc or would he simply be your administrator?
  • I would transfer the role in full subject to any support he requested.

He would have full rights over decisions and he could do the weekly update reports in his own style. 

I would merely say 'Thanks for updating the TTT T'Dan' periodically and extremely rarely I would presumably ask some really irritating question as if the contents of the TTT were actually important  :p.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    ok good, I may immediately seek reconsideration of some of your decisions in that case ;-)
  • TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭
    i walked into that one didn't i? ;)

I'll do it on a trial basis if that's ok? would you be able to give me a quick rundown of current rules, frequency of updates etc?

London marathon wise, I'm number 10541 which apparently puts me on the blue start
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    All the best people are on the blue start, TheDan.

I'm just back from a horrific track session. It was meant to be 6*3*300 but I only did 4 sets as my foot has been a bit sore and I am Being Sensible. However, because they were only 300s we had to run really fast and it was difficult.  :( In this session, at two random moments, one of the coaches is supposed to say 'this is the hammer!!!' and then you have to run that rep really hard, except you can't because all you can think of is THIS.
  • All you can think of is what...?
    I can't bear the suspense.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I've been up all night, patiently refreshing the page to see what THIS is.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    The link is in the word THIS in the original post. The RW forum helpfully doesn't highlight them anymore.
  • I can't stop thinking about sexy Flanders now!!!!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

Last run done, 5k at MP. Came out 6.45 average for 159 hr. Same run last year came out 6.54 for 161 hr. Pretty pleased with that. Felt really good and legs felt pretty fresh. I appreciate it's only 3 miles, but in a race environment that would feel good as MP. It didn't feel like I was forcing the pace, if anything I was pulling it back. Don't think I'd have the balls to set out in London quite so fast mind.

Only slight downside is i've discovered on the ball of the big toe the seam of my right running shoe has started stripping away and I'm now worried it tears mid race. Anyone got any idea of some sort of robust tape I could stick on it to bolster it?

Pretty much 4 days of rest and recovery to add into that now.

• Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Encouraging stuff, DT. No idea about tape.

Cheers for the updated table Skinny/TheDan.

I have our first summer league race tonight (5 miles on a combination of smooth roads, trails and rutted fields) where I will hopefully catching up with Bob. From a few text conversations we've had it seems like he's running well and he confirmed that with a decent showing at pakrun last week.  

• Tommy2D said:

I have our first summer league race tonight (5 miles on a combination of smooth roads, trails and rutted fields) where I will hopefully catching up with Bob. 

Hopefully he'll be trying to catch up with you surely?
  • Skinny Fetish FanSkinny Fetish Fan ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    TheDan said:
    i walked into that one didn't i? ;)

I'll do it on a trial basis if that's ok? would you be able to give me a quick rundown of current rules, frequency of updates etc?
    Current Rules
    1. Age, height and weight exist to show that short people have it much better than tall people and that Mace is a fat bastard - not to be combined into BMI.
    2. WAVA is out of date and should all be updated to new tables but I could never be arsed.
    3. The little numbers in brackets after people's names represent course records and are permanent i.e. you never lose having held a course record. If Lit gets another course record find some reason to not allow it so I keep the gold cell jointly.
    4. The ranking is based on 10k times as the best middle ground - always ignore Lit if she says it should be marathons and Tommy if he says it should be 100m.
    5. Always ignore DT.
    6. PBs are self explanatory.
    7. Additional distances could be added now we are simply attaching a document to the post.
    8. Prizes need to be actually received to count.
    9. pr Firsts are based on sex but age category firsts don't count.
    10. You will always feel totally demoralised when updating Muddy's PBs.
    11. Updates should be done weekly if there is something to update but as no other fucker is going to update for you just do them whenever you like and if someone grumbles about it ask them if they'd like to take over the TTT.
    12. The weekly update should be followed by a written account intended to be slightly humorous and very congratulatory of who has improved what during the week.
    13. Finally if someone has the audacity to publish an improved version of the TTT offer them the job and they will be obliged to take it on thus saving you any effort whatsoever.

Happy to have served you all since publishing the first TTT back in August 2013.