ARE YOU A NEW POSTER? Do you have questions about VLM? Come here!

124»

Comments

• Re: kitbag - are you allowed to put a rucksack (small obvs) inside the VLM kitbag?  In previous years I've used a rucksack and then put that in the kitbag - I find it a bit easier to carry that way, especially post-race!
  • Alys6Alys6 ✭✭
    I haven't seen them in previous years 15West, but I picked mine up yesterday and its a decent size.
  • Alys6Alys6 ✭✭
    I know registration closes at 5pm on Sat, but does anyone know if the merchandise stalls stay open afterwards? I bought a t shirt yesterday and accidentally picked up the wrong size. My train doesn't get into Livepool st station until 4.15 so I probably won't get to Excel for 5pm to change it.
  • SFB yeah I always do that. I've emptied the bag before putting it into the sack the last few years though. No problems. 

Not sure about the expo but I'd be surprised if any shops are open past five. They've had a busy few days. 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    I think the shops pack up ASAP at the Expo as they're exhausted, both in energy and supplies by then and the last minute runners to register don't bother to shop.  I'd suggest contacting the retailer and arranging an exchange.
  • mumwhorunssss, trust me, if your husband picks up his paperwork and you use it on 23rd, you will NOT be caught, there are 39,000 + people at the start, they cannot and do not check individuals, you have paid,twice,use it,forget the ethics go out and enjoy yourself
  • Alys6Alys6 ✭✭
    Thanks Shades - I'll give Expo a miss tomorrow
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    mumwhorunssss, trust me, if your husband picks up his paperwork and you use it on 23rd, you will NOT be caught, there are 39,000 + people at the start, they cannot and do not check individuals, you have paid,twice,use it,forget the ethics go out and enjoy yourself
    There are people on websites who trawl events like this who go looking for cheats, they match names and photos.  If it's a woman in the photo and the name is Dave they will highlight it to the authorities.  They also look at peoples times and check they've passed each timing mat in similar (i.e. not radically faster) times.

As I said earlier, go ahead and run but if your photo hits the national, or even worse, local press, be ready for the condemnation
  • Not heard of any scandals yet - but I'm sure they will come out.  It's an easy way to fill inches in newspapers.

Was it Mr I who had a program that analysed the results and highlighted those with missing and improbable splits ? That was always a fun thread.