The British 10k - 2017

FayaFaya ✭✭✭
I couldn't see a post for this years race, so let's get this baby started (also if I'm wrong and there is a thread for this race, feel free to give me a kick and point me in the right direction).

Who else is running or thinking of running the British 10k this year? 

Anyone have any questions from those of us who have run it in the past?

Tagged:

Comments

• how much are they ripping off punters for this year?
  • FayaFaya ✭✭✭
    Er, let's see...£45 currently, price increase to £50 in May apparently. Not sure if charities get discounts or not though.
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    If anyone is has run it before, why on earth are you going back. This race always gets terrible reviews, usually focusing on poor organisation, lack of starting pens and a horrendously high entry fee. 
  • the lure of running around the landmarks of London without a ballot or a rip-off 'golden bonded' place is a big one.
  • FayaFaya ✭✭✭
    The only reason I run it is because it's one of my charities big events of the year. The first year I ran it I was unaware of what I was getting myself into. Now I just do it to get more eyes on for my charity, so this year I'm probably going to do fancy dress and everything. 

It's also kind of fun seeing how the new organisers are going to muck it up. I did it in 2012 with Nike, who tried to make us all wear the same tee and they ran out of medals among the usual rubbish. Last time I ran it I hadn't even gotten across the start line before the first runner was across the finish, and poor organisation at the water stops where one kid was throwing water bottles at people he was so flustered by the crowds.
  • It's the success of events as crap as this that explains the Brexit Vote and Trump winning. Amazing.
  • If you're looking to avoid high registration fees, we have charity spaces available for just a £5 registration fee and £180 fundraising target!

Take on this incredible challenge, in support of Childreach International, Child Rights Charity and help us unlock children’s potential worldwide. Find out more about our work at www.childreach.org.uk

Contact me on hananh.richards@childreach.org.uk or 02031375500 or sign up now:
    https://www.childreach.org.uk/challenges/british-10k
  • Hi all! I work for a small charity called Shaftesbury Young People and registration is FREE with us! Our minimum fundraising target is £200 but we are happy with as much as you can get!

Give a voice to children and young people in need this summer!

For more info, please contact Marta Jimenez: mjimenez-varela@shaftesbury.org.uk or 07956121663 or visit: http://www.shaftesburyyoungpeople.org/virgin-sport-10k.html