Sunday 11th June 2017 - I'd just like to say

Morning.

Lyrics - I'd just like to say

Today's lyrics inspired by our racers - looking forward to the reports.

Race well SC and OH.

SC - somewhere I've never been and am unlikely to race now given the hills.

A dry and bright start here but forecast to get breezy again later. Are we going to have a summer this year?

What:             MLR
Why:              tapering
Last hard:      I find tapering quite hard
Last rest:       29/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Looking For The Summer by Chris Rea.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Morning! Very grey here.

Lyrics: no

What: whatever I can fit in

Why: helping at a new 5k put on by Decathlon at Woodbank Park, which is OL's local park. Not meeting up with him though as he is volunteering elsewhere. Seems to be working lots of hours in the new job but he tells me he is still running!

Look forward to hearing from racers later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walk this morning with guests now bbqing, British summer
    Last hard: km 4 of parkrun yesterday
    Lyrics: no

Have a good day all
  • Very blowy here now - I think I had the best of the day. A nice run apart from the bit where I fell over - fortunately no real damage done I don't think.

I was wondering about Ollie this morning Alehouse. Glad to hear he's just busy.

Enjoy the BBQ emzap.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Hope the BBQ doesn't get blown away, EmzAnd from 3k to 4k is where it always hurts in a 5k! 

Stay on your feet, LMH! I keep being close to going over; seems to be when I run more slowly and don't pick my feet up. Which is most of the time, of course!

What: just over 5k 

Why: helping at race so did a little before and some afterwards. To be honest the race wasn't the limiting factor: hamstrings are a little sore so would have backed off anyway.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'm trying Alehouse trust me. I think it was a bit of wet mud, I was negotiating a gate onto a road and worried as I could hear a horse approaching and didn't want to startle it, I think that probably just distracted me enough to cause the problem. Take care of those hamstrings.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Well that was fun...manages some sub 8's and threw in a 9+ and 11- so overall just around 53. Interesting ascents and stunning views. HR well behaved although had to slow down considerably to stay sub 160 and out of trouble. Job done. Really do recommend it. Pity it was so windy and dull/drizzly. have done in the past when it was blazing sun. Think I preferred today though. Whole new experience running to heart rate and means I can, I believe, run a few more challenging races :-)
    What: 10k
    Why: It was booked
    Last hard: Mile 5
    Last Rest: Mile 4 :-)
    Lyrics: Nope.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a good day out, SC! Well done! 
  • What: 26.2@Strathearn
    Why: Passing by on way home from Glasgow wedding
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: today
    Lyrics: thanks but no

A hilly and not very fast race today. Still I enjoyed it and wasn't last.
    Els did well at 4h13, I was about 5h32
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Well done SC, OH and Els

Always good to stay on your feet, I did a classic roll yesterday, it was the good old fashioned going, going, goung, and over... but was prepared so rolled into it and out with no damage.

2 runs today as usual for Sundays, 4m in 32:30 this morning and then 9.5m 1:17:46 this afternoon. so thats the first block of 4 weeks trg done for the sub 90 attack....

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well toughed out, OH! Doesn't sound easy! Glad you enjoyed it and well done Els!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done Stray, OH and Els
    what - just 5.5 miles
    why - all I could squeeze in: was timekeeping at kids track fixture (Woking)
    last rest - 14/5
    last hard - yesterday. Track session 6*1k with 3 mins recovery. Much more consistent than last week's 800s: 3.52/3.48/3.50/3.50/3.49/3.49