My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock - Part 2

14567810»

Comments

• Not happy

Lost most of last month due to problems with my back

Then

Lost half of this month due to chest infection 

• still heading in the right direction.... bike FTP increasing steadily, up by 20W since July, with a ton of interval work helping.... and swim feels good.... run only ticking over, albeit with around 40 miles a week getting done, and knocked a further 7secs off Parkrun PB... that sub 20 is bloody close now....just 5 more seconds to find!

diet is OK... not perfect, but not dire either... weight still within a couple of pounds of 'off-season' target.

managing about 9 or 10 hours a week, but crucially, every session has a goal and purpose... no junk miles here!

happy as heck with where this is heading... setting specific, weakness driven goals and seeing measureable progress towards them is really motivating!

EDIT: spoke too soon!... lunchtime run today, half a mile in, and hamstring went ping.... image

At this stage, don't think its too serious, but I won't be running for at least a few days...

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Was about to say good work MC, but then saw your update. Take it easy and let it recover properly!

Been getting some miles covered (slowly) myself, up to 37 miles last week. Had to cut my long run short as realised I'd overdone it for the week so walked home, and reviewing the load for the next few weeks to make sure I get to mid-Jan in one piece. Plan had been to run from Oldham to Tatton Park for the Yule Yomp 10k next weekend (20 miles) but I've decided it'd be better to do the long run the day before, and use the 10k as a recovery run.

Still need to sort out eating. Or rather, stop eating. Doing more exercise in a week than pretty much ever before and managing to put weight on. Get off the biscuits, chubs.

• Hey sock stuffers, how are we all??
  • Hi Lee

Not bad
    Im getting some training in ... nothing long as yet - but trying to keep it consistent. 
    4-5 runs per week
    2-3 bike per week
    and
    the odd swim

• Weeeeelll....

Weight is down a bit, having gone up loads. Training has improved recently, but goals have been revised somewhat for the year.

Hoping to get down to 15st in time for Lakesman after hitting a peak of over 17st. Damn those tasty biscuits. Then down to 14st for Brutal. It's going to be Brutal...

Running has taken a back seat after injuring myself at Country to Capital. Plan for the rest of the year is basically to focus on swim and bike, and the run will be what it will be. Actually doing some proper swimming now that I've joined a tri club, currently doing at least one session per week, but looking to build that to two coached sessions and a solo swim each week.
  • Good stuff guys :smiley:

For me i've not been running since hamstring injury/sciatica in November, so opted for gym instead.  I've been sitting a lot lately ( work & also studying), so back not great, but once course is finished this week i'm back to regular training which should help back, and also I want to get back to running, as I was really enjoying it last year.  

Weight down a bit this year, but still a long way to go!
  • Morning all.  can't believe we're half way through the year already, gah!!  Is everyone still stuffing that sock?  My back is really pissing me off so back to Plan B, get a new gym programme to sort it out.  Been doing very little as a result and feel like I'm atrophying. 

How are we all doing?

• I'll let you know next Monday...
  • Hit and miss for me

BIKE not where it should be (but it never is for me) even though it has been my focus
    managed 4 rides in 4 nites this week, with Tu & We being 50+milers. but my longest ride so far has only been 65

RUN not to bad, getting at least one run off the bike each week, plus a half mara+ run every 2 weeks .... plus shorter runs

SWIM Started getting a weekend swim in now .. so that'll do me ... may do a couple of long mid week swims early August ... that'll do for that

WEIGHT .. BF looking good .. but could still do with dropping 4lbs

About 10weeks to IM Vichy :)

• That sounds pretty good Will
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Yay - its fab to hear from you all.  Pretty rubbish here at the mo while life settles down.  With so much change I'm struggling to get into a routine.  Decided to take a year off IM and enjoying the time off :)
  • edited June 2017
    I can relate to that HC... no IM for me this year either, plus changes in life plans.... all working out well, and training being enjoyed, rather than feeling like a duty!
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Finished Lakesman despite crap training and eating. Boom.

Tomorrow is time to get a plan in place for Brutal. That one won't be quite so kind (and yesterday was tough enough)