Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I forgot that 20c is still quite warm, especially when the sun comes out. 15 miles done tonight but last 4 were a slog. I can't recall ever being so thirsty on a run. with Sunday's race I should just hit 40 for week. 

I am slightly concerned that I'm going to have no top end speed. Almost all my training since mid April has been easy level. 
  • Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭
    Pete - Possibly - I'm meeting some people on the other side of town but the Nag's head is probably en route (it's not far from my place) so I could pop in, what time are you due to arrive and be on stage?
  • Options
    PeteHewPeteHew ✭✭✭
    First set at 8. Second at 10. I'll be there from about 6.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    39.46 today. Seasons best but good bit down on my pb.  Need to start doing some threshold training and other sessions around that pace. 
  • Options
    Good work DT - not as far down on the pb as my 10k was a week ago ! I am looking forward to trying again over 10k next weekend. My plan is to race every now and then to crack on with those harder sessions, and build mileage over the next couple of months.

I managed 32 miles last week, which was alright but hope to pick it up a bit this week. (I do seem to be always hoping this but tiredness intervenes)

Hope the gig went well Pete.
  • Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Nicely done DT - very solid.

Pete - sorry couldn't make it on Saturday night. Hope you had a good gig.

Ran around a park on Saturday in a fairly unremarkable 19:58 and 6th place. It was however, their 6th birthday and were handing out spot prizes and was presented with a blue cotton parkrun t-shirt. Not sure if this counts as a running prize for the purposes of the TTT... 

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Official time was 39.43. I did delay in stopping my watch due to a bout of heaving. 4 of us were all allocated an identical time. It was quite amusing, I was running with my friend Andy and at the switchback just before 9k there was no on else immediately behind us. Then with about 500 to go we were swallowed up by this group of 6. One of whom (also recorded 39.43) was a clubmate of the mcdiamonds, with whom I had a good chat afterwards.

Feel remarkably good today as well. No doms etc. That was my first 40 mile week in some time. Two more 10ks planned over July.

Well done, Tommy. I am not sure a spot prize counts, but if it does I have one as well to add in.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Also not as far down on your PB as me at Glenrothes DT! :smiley: Which park, Tommy? I think all prizes count.

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭
    It was Colwick park. T'Dan or Skinny can decide if it's worthy of inclusion...
  • Options
    PeteHewPeteHew ✭✭✭
    Hi all.  Yes, the gig went well, thanks. If you'd told me you were running at Colwick Park, I'd have walked down from Shearing Hill to see you, Tommy!  Did a wildlife walk round the lagoons there on Friday afternoon.
    Good news on my knee, which has been fine on two, admittedly slow, runs since getting back from Nottingham.
    I don't think spot prizes should count, sorry.  Might as well count winning a tombola prize.  Or best-dressed runner, or runner with the nicest face...
  • Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭
    Morning all, I've not posted for a while but I am still kicking about. Seems to be lots of people benched or just coming back at the moment. 

I've also spent most of the year injured but fingers crossed seem to be recovered now. I've finally managed to clock up some reasonable miles in the last month with the last 4 weeks at 48, 48, 53 and 56. I'm now loosely following P&D for an October marathon. 
  • Options
    Welcome back Mr V
    I did the Leamington 'Pink Parkrun' on Saturday, which is an annual charity event that involves doing four laps of the usual parkrun course with the first starting at 7am and the 4th starting as usual at 9am. Laps are interspersed with short intervals to chat and eat copious amounts of cake. I ran there so total mileage was 16.4, which was a bit less than I was intending, but I had to cut short to take our cat to the vet.
    I did win a raffle prize during this event - please add this to the ttt if the adjudicator sees fit.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    I think TTT'Dan's done a runner.

What was the prize, Lou?
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure we have an ajudicator anymore.

I wonder if Skinny is on holiday or whether handing over ttt responsibility was more than simply handing over duties?

5 miles at long tempo pace tonight. Came out 6.42 for 163 hr. Identical to same run last time around on the schedule. Starting to feel like I've some consistency building now and feeling a bit fitter. 
  • Options
    Well done on the 16 Lou. Looking good with the mileage buildup Mr V. Do make use of cutback weeks though; it's a long and wearing campaign in my (injured) experience.

Nice cool evening DT - makes a big difference to the stats.

7.5m with 6m marathon effort ish last night, no stats as all records were lost due to watch battery death. It was around 6.30 min/mile based on when I noticed the lap time come up a couple of times.  An easy 5m tonight was thrilling as (1) it was a consecutive day of running and (2) I did a stride* at the end of it and achieved some real speed.

* the singular of strides
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    literatin said:
    I think TTT'Dan's done a runner.
    with Skinny !? 

I think TTT maintenance should be the responsibility of our most regular poster, don't you think, DT ?! ;) It felt to me from the start like The took it on without really wanting to.

I've been stuck at about the same level of 25-30M for about a month now so i guess i should think about doing a bit more. 8M this morning at 8:41/M and an easy HR of 133. This is the same route i aborted same time last week as it was so warm but felt much nicer today, although my lack of mileage is noticeable in the final mile or so uphill.

Still on the large side but feel like i've started to drop a little weight.
  • Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭
    Lou - Good mileage and cake eating there. 

DT - Nice pace. What exactly does long tempo pace mean? 

Muddy - Cheers, yeah I've got some cut backs planned in and I know I need to be careful re injury. A few bits are niggling already. Are you at the point of making any longer term racing plans yet?

Mace - Good to see you back and it sounds like you've been handling the return sensibly.  
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    You too, V - apologies but i missed your post. I'm looking forward to getting up to the 50M weeks as that was about the level where once i started hitting it consistently, i really started to notice big improvements. I'm sure i'll get there eventually but at the moment i'm being careful and backing off at the slightest hint of trouble ( this week i had Mon/Tue off as my right shin was a bit sore on Monday morning) ..... proper big girl's blouse me :p
  • Options
    Lit - prize was 'a hamper full of goodies' including a childrens' story cd, a bottle of fizzy pink wine, a headscarf, a high vis running t-shirt, some hand cream, and probably one or two other things.
    Muddy - sounds like a worthy session.  Aren't strides brilliant!
    No stats for any of my runs at the moment as I seem to have misplaced (lost) my watch  :(
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Keep it going, Mace.

Yes, The Dan was kind of ambushed with the task. Though he did offer himself up perfectly. 

Mr v, long tempo is sort of between mp and hmp. So a decent effort but not near the discomfort of an LT run.

I did my midweek long run tonight of  10 miles.  Came out 7.57 for 140 bpm so entry level easy pace hr. It took my watch based vo2 assessment to 59 for first time since January. 

Definitely feeling fitter and slimmer now, though I acknowledge Muddys fanciful theories! It is perfect running weather right now. Droitwich 10k in 2 weeks so hoping to have a good crack at that. 
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    Just been on the phone to my pal who is running the Thames Ring 250

He's curently at the 156 mile checkpoint and in 8th position

I felt a bit of a fake when i told him i was just back from a nice relaxed 3.5M

• Options
    What's his average pace though, Mace?
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    He started at 10am Weds so about 15-20min miling ?

Not much more than a quick walking pace i guess but still a long way. I don't think he was planning on more than 4 hours kip over the 4 days which is something else that i find difficult to comprehend.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    That sounds like no fun at all, Mace.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Is that marked as a running event or a walking event? Some of these ultra events are nothing more than long walks. A lot of my friends like going for a walk. On the occasions I have been I find it extremely frustrating and boring.
  • Options
    muddyfunstermuddyfunster ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I love going for a walk, even better with friends. Have you not ever gone for saunter before dusk and just taken in the evening song DT ? Not frustrating at all. Lovely, in my opinion, though maybe not for 120 miles.

10k last night and 5m at lunchtime, and the cool weather certainly seems to be making the effort less substantial ;) This also makes 4 consecutive days of running ! Touch wood, tomorrow and Sunday's 10k race will mean I can make it to 6 days consecutive for the first time in months - even during marathon training I was needing a couple of rest days a week.

Mr V - I want to have a decent crack at, and am allowing myself time to train for, the Leeds Abbey Dash in November. I'll take in at least a couple of halves through September and October too, to see where I'm at.

Best of luck to anyone else racing or training hard this weekend.
  • Options
    I like walking - don't do nearly enough of it these days, but 250 miles over four days sounds like the plot to an Andy McNab novel if it wasn't set in the home counties.
    Weather's been quite pleasant for running this week.  I overdressed earlier in the week as it felt a bit cool.
    Nothing too strenuous planned this weekend - just a easy 20 miler tomorrow, then maybe 8-10 on Sunday.
    Good luck muddy, and anyone else.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind a pleasant evening stroll for 40 minutes, what I dislike is an 8 mile walk through fields etc. 

I've just done 5 straight days of running which includes a race, tempo session and interval session. 17 planned Sunday. 
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Why are all the people who like and need rest days doing loads of consecutive days?

I love going for long walks. But not really really long ones where you don't get any sleep. I love sleeping.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I've also done 2 spin classes and body pump in that time. Feeling good at minute butvrest day tomorrow.