Wycombe Half Marathon?

Q W233Q W233 ✭✭✭
Has anyone ever run this half marathon? What's the course like? Is there a medal/t-shirt/goody bag? Is it mainly just fast runners as it's just 400 spaces? 

It's coming up in July and I'm contemplating an early wake up to drive up there and Run it. Really frustrating wanting to do races but being limited by a time consuming and insanely expensive ferry from the Isle of Wight every time

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Howdy, you might be struggling to get much feedback on this, as last year was the first version of the "new" route, and like you mention the field isn't huge.

Previously, the venue had been the Rye, and i could tell you every single nook and cranny of the course, having raced it about 6-7 times and living in the area trained on it many a time.

The plus point of the new one is the "stadium finish", but because most of the route goes through a private estate, it's not even something a local could advise you on, unless they'd run the race!

I like to do the reverse journey to you, you're spoilt with south coast racing if this one does become too much...
    GSR, Victory 5, Eastleigh, Chichester, Portsmouth/Gosport 5ks, Gosport half, and many others!
  • Q W233Q W233 ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for your reply. I have checked out the results from last year and I think I'll just give it a go whilst I'm 'on form' and in training mode 
  • runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    Like Stevie I've only run the old course.  The steep incline right at the start was a bit of a shock.  I'm doing Gosport for the first time in November so looking forward to that one as heard good things.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Although i believe the Gosport half course has changed recently as well. Used to incorporate a stretch through an airfield, and now is a 2 lapper without that apparently. No idea if it changes it for the better speed wise or not!

QW233, just remember the times reflect the fact it won't be a quick course :)

One year I remember doing Wokingham and Wycombe halves over 5mins different :)