The Thousand Mile Club - 2017

Comments

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    A lovely 6+, including a bit of speedwork, in the pouring rain last night, Oh the bliss of running in the rain on a warm night. Felt so much more lively than I have for a while in this heatwave. :)
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    431.2 miles.

Nell - great to have you back on the boards. You're encouraging words are always valued. 
  • DadAgainDadAgain ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    ...and I'm done for June (2 days total rest now before Gold Coast Marathon on Sunday).

YTD:  945 miles. (1521.8km)

Nearly made it to 1000 miles at the half way point for the year! I wonder if I have any chance of getting to 2000 miles by year end? Campain for Melbourne marathon in October and a Gold Coast 50km event in December will certainly help! It might be close.
  • Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    After the incredible mileage posts from DadAgain & Harmander I feel like a bit of a disappointment to report that after an 18 miler last night at the 6 month point I'm on 610 miles & feeling very smug about it...still hoping to get to 1500 miles by the end of the year.
  • Evenin' all!

Ha! Hobie - Harmander and DadAgain are mad freaks... everyone else is normal :smiley: (sorry DA... Harmander, I know you're used to me pointing out you're nuts! :lol: ). I'll pace/race you to 1500 miles since that's my secret (now not so secret) target for this year. With a marathon in October and winter training for two marathons in April I'm hoping it's doable!

Thanks Donnie - glad to be back... and delighted to see your great progress so far!

DA - your total is spectacular! Good luck with the marathon on Sunday :smile:

I can't imagine anyone telling you to get lost, Harmander... hahaha!

senidM - I too ran in the rain today and found it delightful... your 6 with speed work sounds really good - much better than my steady plod that felt too much like hard work!

I'm feeling sadly detrained and I have Southport HM on Sunday... what's worse is I have a "big" night out on Saturday with curry and alcohol to honour a recently deceased and much missed work colleague. Despite Southport being one of the flattest courses ever and it originally being my target race for a sub-1:40 Half... now I'll just be happy to get round!

Today: 4.33 miles at 8:26/mi. but it felt harder and faster than that!

YTD: 629.93 miles.
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    434.2 miles and done for June, so I'm at the half way point.

Have Newark half and the Yorkshire marathon later in the year. I'm still hoping to hit 1000 by New Years Eve. 
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    5 last night to bring me up to 445.5 YTD. Hoping to squeeze past 450 with a run tonight.
  • Go on AndrewD, you gotta do it.

Well done Hobie1495 - Give Little Nell a run for her money - it is not a gender thing but you can't let a young girl beat you surely? lol

Good luck for the marathon on Sunday DadAgain - of course you can - every step counts. When I start collecting my Superannuation (in 760 days time - am not counting - honest) I aim to go and run in New Zealand and Australia in one trip, can anyone suggest a marathon in each within (say) two/three weeks of each other?

With another 12.1 miles last night I am less than 40 miles short of 1500 miles and slightly optimistic of beating Little Nell to that figure  before the end of the year that she has challenged me to get to first.
    YTD = 1460.87 miles.

As for everyone else, keep going, it's all downhill from tomorrow
  • DadAgainDadAgain ✭✭✭
    2 to 3 weeks apart might be a challenge - but if you can stretch to 4 weeks then theres an epic pair you could am for:

- 18th Oct: AUS Melbourne Marathon (largest in Australia [still only 6,000 participants in the 42.2km event], finish with a lap of the MCG [hallowed sporting grounds])

- 18th Nov: NZ Queenstown Marathon (stunning scenery - mostly on trails but flat through alpine . A serious candidate for the most scenic marathon in the world I'm told....)
  • Thank you DadAgain,
    I was told that the Perth and Dunedin marathons are two weeks apart.
    So far the only Southern Hemisphere marathon I have run is Mauritius which is never more than 200 metres from the ocean.

• DadAgainDadAgain ✭✭✭
    Auckland 29th October might fit better with Melbourne.... But seriously if you go to NZ you should visit Queenstown!
  • Yeah,
    Sounds good.
    Melbourne is a mid-week run then?
  • DadAgainDadAgain ✭✭✭
    Nope I got my dates wrong Melbourne is 15th... Auckland 2 weeks later.
  • Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi all, been really busy lately and after life has been taken care of it looks like 60ish miles is where i'm at currently each month. 5k Tuesday and 5 miles last night. A better February and 100+ miles in March (affected pace and left me with a few niggles). I'm running much better now with the reduction in miles and remain within reach of the 1000 mile target with 453 at halfway. Really enjoying my running too and now completing 9 mile long runs with relative ease so looking to slowly increase again with my first double figure mile run this Sunday. parkrun tomorrow to kick off July and hoping to run under 25 minutes if I can. Catch up soon.

June - 62.42

2017 - 453.36
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Well, 5 tonight does get me to 74.5 for June and 450.5 YTD
  • Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    parkrun this morning on a dodgy stomach. Nearly gave it a miss but decided to see how it went as it's only a short run and glad I did. Nice start to the day and month.

Still neck and neck Andrew!

July - 3.1

2017 - 456.46
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Did 4 this morning JR, so I'm just behind you on 454.5. We can try and spur each other on to get the big 1000! Hope the stomach troubles pass quickly.
  • 10.35 miles including a perfect paced Parkrun makes
    YTD = 1471.22 miles.
    Definitely going to beat Little Nell to 1500 miles (all things being equal)
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    6 this morning along the river in nice sunshine, very pleasant! 460.5 YTD
  • Just 17.13 miles today leaving less than 12 miles to do before Little Nell does 800 in the race to 1500 miles. lol.
    YTD = 1488.35 miles
  • BTW I hope the video at the link below inspires others to keep going.

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    TGT Brentwood 10K this morning, nice weather, good course, BBQ at the end - life is good.

And slipped just under 50, so another of this years targets ticked off. Onwards and downwards (times that is) and hope for better at Felsted next week.

YTD:          576.74
  • Good day fellow milers!

Oi, Mr. Singh... stop goading "the competition"  :D Hahaha - are you sure you're going to beat me to 1500 miles... it might be a close thing LOL

Hey JR - very nice running by you. Your total is coming along nicely - as is your total Andrew! A couple of little internal thread competitions starting...

All the best for your HM and marathon training, Donnie - I have Chester marathon in October... we'll have to compare notes as the time gets closer :)

Well done on the sub-50 senidM - sounds like a very nice race. Good luck for Felsted next week!

Southport Half for me today. It was supposed to be a target race for me trying to get sub-1:40 as it's such a flat course. Unfortunately, life conspired to get in the way of that aim - mainly huge amounts of international travel and last night I was out in Manchester to celebrate the life of Ramesh. Fantastic curry, two pints, two glasses of Prosecco and (ahem) numerous shots - went to bed at 1:30 am and got up again at 5:45 am. Hotel failed to deliver any breakfast... in spite of this I managed 1:47:45, which is only 4 mins. slower than my PB - so I'll take that :smiley:

YTD: 643.04 miles.
  • Morning all,

Some great mileage being logged lately.

Senidm, Great time for a 10K well done.
    Andrew & JR, Wow its close between you, plenty of good runs from you both, keep it going.
    Harmander, Nearly at 1500, great total well done.
    Nell, 1.47 with no sleep and probably feeling a "little" under the weather, what a great run :)

I was planning a 19 miler for Tuesday, but due to a half hour delay first thing only managed 16.5 before a shower and getting to work, apart from that two training runs and a late 10K last night which was most enjoyable.

Stats for last week:

27.06.17 - 16.5
    29.06.17 - 3.75
    29.06.17 - 4.37
    02.07.17 - 6.25

YTD = 575.58

So this week I have day 8 of the Great Barrow 10 in 10, really looking forward to it, hopefully get round in under 4.15 we shall see.

• Wotcha peeps.

Thanks David - I was amazed at how not bad I felt... no hangover at all! Good luck with the 10 in 10 - hope you make your 4.15 target :)

Ran back from Pilates again tonight as a little recovery run - only 3.13 mi. but I feel very tired now.

YTD: 646.17 miles.
  • Evenin' all... no other runners today then?

Harmander, I forgot to say - that's a great video about Fauja Singh, really interesting!

I ran at lunchtime today... on my own as both my usual running colleagues wimped out. I amused myself by doing one lap of the cinder track (0.37 mi.) fast, followed by half lap recovery,then reversing direction and repeating five times - much fun :smiley: Total distance, inc. running to and from work, was 4.28 mi.

YTD: 650.45 miles.
  • David Charman Thank you

Little Nell,

Oh yes there is.
    12.1 miles making 
    YTD = 1500.45 miles.
    So I beat you to 1500 miles.
    How about I try and catch up the 150 miles I am behind you in my chase to 2000 miles before you reach 1000 - If I beat you then I you owe me a bag of chips?
    Deal?
    Glad you liked Fauja Singh's video
  • Little NellLittle Nell ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ooo, Harmander - that's a challenge! I think you'll do it... but I'm happy to buy you chips in South Shields LOL :lol:
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Nice little session Nell. I did something similar (but on the road) last night - 200m fast, 200 jog, 400 fast, 400 jog, 600 fast, 600 jog, 600 fast, 600 jog, 400 fast, 400 jog, 200 fast. Including warm up and down, 5 miles.

So, 465.5 YTD (now 27.5 more than I had at this stage last year, but still about 45 miles behind the pro rata curve).

Work do tonight (driving luckily, so no hangover tomorrow), so no running.