Options

RW Forum website requests

1. A larger standard font

2. More space between icons on top right (notifications, messages, bookmarks, settings) 
(On a (touch screen) iPad, my finger straddles at least 2 at a time!)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    "Recent Discussions" does not appear to update (discussion at top dated 15 February)

"Activity" - possibly useful for website developer but far too inclusive, unselected and cluttered to be useful to most users, I suspect. 

"New threads" and and "Recent posts" (as old forum) would be most useful, IMHO
  • Options
    Can we have latest posts list back?
  • Options
    What about missing threads?  Can they be re-instated?
  • Options
    The font when typing is totally different from that eventually posted.
    Spacing etc also poor in comments box compared to the eventual post.
    Emojis don't show up as they should when typing in comments box.
    No note of how many posts in the thread so cannot go to the correct page straight away. 
    No handy box at the side to show the popular threads. 
    Problems finding threads now - can't hover over the title and see the first post.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    What device are people posting on?
    I'm on a PC connected to a large monitor.

🙂

• Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Desktop PC, iPad, Android mobile ...
  • Options
    what  has happened  to  the ratings of  races lists  
  • Options
    (Just a note to say there is no guarantee anyone from RW will actually read this thread)
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    I must say that on my iPad this new forum is irritating almost to the point of making me want to give up trying to use it. All the ads loading mean that just when I think it's safe to poke the screen it all moves because something has finally turned up. I know the ads have to be there but the way they work is hindering my ability to use the forum which is then stopping me visiting and hence preventing me from seeing the ads which pay for the forum and website....
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    And whoopee, I've been promoted to level 3. Level 3 what? Isn't being one of the original forumites good enough anymore?
  • Options
    > @"An Other Half" said:
    > 1. A larger standard font
    >
    > 2. More space between icons on top right (notifications, messages, bookmarks, settings) 
    > (On a (touch screen) iPad, my finger straddles at least 2 at a time!)
    PLEASE HELP, sorry to use this thread but i cant see a "New Post" button on my forum screen.

Firstly my email address seem to disappear so i couldnt even recover my password (only logged in about 2 weeks ago) so i created a new account and verified my email address but i still can't see the add new post button. It does allow me to reply using "quote".

Sorry to have quoted this thread.
  • Options
    Is there a section of FAQs about the forum?
    I wanna Parkrun!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    There are lots of Frequently Asked Questions, just not a lot in the way of answers...........

RW appear to have switched the lights on, then left the building.
  • Options
    TheraThera ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in another post but trying to get a response on smart coach, which doesn't seem to be working on the website. Will this be fixed? Please!!!!!
  • Options
    <div>
    </div><div><div><div>Sorry for using this thread for my question, but where do I start a new thread on this forum?</div></div></div>
  • Options
    Ok, so I read you need a certain amount of comments begore you'll allowed to start a new thread. Does anyone know how many?
  • Options
    This may be posted in the wrong place BUT, where I the pics I posted today? Because they haven't appeared on my post, my post doesn't make sense thanks. 
  • Options
    Laurent DLaurent D ✭✭✭
    Don't waste your time, there is no admin answering questions on this forum. Or indeed on the website in general.
    By the way, I have just realised I can't see race ratings or comments. Has this gone as well? (I know, pointless question, no admin will read it).
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I think all the old race ratings disappeared in the transfer Laurent. 

Site is a pile of smelly poo now.  I only come in here for old time's sake (I've been on the forum since 2001!), but it's getting more and more depressing.
  • Options
    I can't see how to post a new thread. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    Marytri, I believe you have to post about 10 comments before you can start your own - but, since the move to this site, nobody really knows for sure how anything works!
  • Options
    marytri
    To start a new discussion, click on the Forum section you want to create your new discussion, scroll to the bottom of the page and there should be a New Discussion tab, if it's not there maybe it's as Trogs says
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    Every now and again I return to see if the use-ability has improved. It hasn't which makes me sad. The forum used to be a great place for chatting and serious discussions but now you poke something (am using an ipad) and you have to be careful to dodge the ads which take ages to load and suddenly shift what's on the screen just as you're about to poke the thing you want.
  • Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    There was another line in my post above which didn't make it, illustrating my point. It said "As far as I'm concerned, it's almost unusable" or words to that effect.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    It's awful, isn't it Womble.  When I think back to 2005-2006 and how brilliant it all was then, I get sad too.  I've made friends on here over 16 years that fortunately I keep up with on Fetch and Facebook, but this place is a shell now. :(
  • Options
    Tim SyngeTim Synge ✭✭✭
    Has anyone actually seen a live Administrator or Moderator in the wild on these Forums?  I'm a little worried that they may be an extinct species.
  • Options
    Tim Synge said:
    Has anyone actually seen a live Administrator or Moderator in the wild on these Forums?  I'm a little worried that they may be an extinct species.
    Considering the buy fake passport spam doesn't get taken down, I don't think there are any moderators here. Isis could recruit jihadis on this site and RW would probably do nothing!!!
  • Options
    HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    Just popped back but it still seems unusable. Shame.
  • Options
    How do I start a new thread?! I can't seem to figure it out. I can comment (obviously... ha!) but I can't start anything new.

Thanks,

Chaz
  • Options
    Hi Chaz. You need to post 3 (I think) comments on other threads before you can start a new one.