Coaching certificates

thinking of getting my coaching certificates, is it money well spent nowadays or no use if a saturated market?

Comments

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    Depends how you are going to use it. I am a member of an athletics club and have now completed LIRF and CIRF qualifications. I would say that the LIRF gives you a good grounding but the CIRF is quite involved. it all depends on who you will be training and what levels.
  • Thanks very much. Thanks I'd like to get involved with a local club
  • Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    I'm in progress for Athletics Coach (run, jump, throws rather than just endurance running).

Its been awesome. You get a discount if part of an EA affiliated club. Definitely gives you the confidence to start to coach, I would say though, not sure if you want to charge individuals, if it is the right qualification for that. They are very focused on working within the club scene, which of course is mostly voluntary. Some of the teachers on my course have found it more difficult to translate to their situations for example.
  • Lena01Lena01 ✭✭
    ATD Certificate Programs are learning events and a certificate is awarded to participants upon successful completion of the program. The ATD Coaching Certificate Program allows participants to practice core coaching competencies, but coaching certification under the International Coach Federation (ICF) is not provided.