Racing Shoe Recommendations

QrszxQrszx ✭✭
Hi all,

Looking to pick your brains on lighter shoes for 5k-10k races. I'm still fairly new to running, so I don't have a wealth of experience in what I should be looking for. I currently run in Adidas Supernova Sequence 9s for everything and I just picked up a pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 13s to replace them. Both fit and feel great, although the Adidas rub slightly on the big toe due to it bending more than the average person. The Mizuno have yet to be taken on their first proper run. I'm around the 6'2" / 13 stone mark, slight-moderate over-pronation and I *think* I have fairly average arches.

So, with that out of the way, I guess I'm asking for a moderately supportive light shoe that has enough for my big toe. Is it worth getting a support shoe for racing or would a neutral shoe be adequate for the purpose? Is there anything light out there that won't need replacing after 100-ish miles?

I was looking into Nike racing shoes as I've had a good experience with the fit and weight of a pair of Flex RN 2016s that I ended up running in when my bags were delayed from a flight. I bought them for the aesthetics, but I'm considering picking up a second pair as I can get a great price on them. Would anybody advise racing in these?

Thanks in advance!

Comments