Wide toe box, low heel drop, neutral, light road shoe (looking for alternative to Saucony Kinvara)

KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭
Hi, I started out on Saucony Mirage (low heel drop, support, road shoe). I've done well over 1000 miles in a couple of pairs of Mirage's and they stand up to distance really well. However, I tried the Kinvara which is the neutral version and loved it even more! So light!

The problem is that the Kinvara toe box is much narrower than the Mirage toe box. I can get away with it over shorter distances but I know it might become an issue at marathon distance. A bigger problem is that my toes are ripping their way out the sides after only 150 miles :(

Can anyone recommend a shoe very similar to the Kinvara but with a bigger toebox?

Comments

• Have you tried any Mizuno shoes? I found they seem to be the only company that's making toe boxes that fit me well. As I use stability shoes, I haven't tried them, but the Wave Sonic might do the job for you. They're the same drop and I think around the same weight as the Kinvara. I will say that my Mizunos took around 45 miles to feel 'right', but luckily my local place has a good VIP returns policy!

Hope that's helpful!
  • Qrszx said:
    Have you tried any Mizuno shoes? I found they seem to be the only company that's making toe boxes that fit me well. As I use stability shoes, I haven't tried them, but the Wave Sonic might do the job for you. They're the same drop and I think around the same weight as the Kinvara. I will say that my Mizunos took around 45 miles to feel 'right', but luckily my local place has a good VIP returns policy!

Hope that's helpful!
    Thanks. Have never tried Mizuno. Will give them a try :)

I have the Kinvara 4. However, I read that the Kinvara 8 has a wider toebox than the Kinvara 7. Might try those too but will definitely give the Mizuno's a go.

• I use Nike Free Motion. My forefoot is wide compared to my heel but you will have to see if they fit you. Not sure why they wouldn't, though, since they're flyknits so, in theory, should stretch. They're minimal, light and very comfy. Not much cushioning though.
  • Trying on various shoes in store is the way to go before deciding on shoes.