Wednesday 23rd August 2017 I've travelled the land

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I've travelled the land
With a guitar in my hand

Good to hear you are home, OH! I take it you didn't run!

Hope everything went to plan for SC.

What: gym then physio

Why: seems to be what I do on a Wednesday

Hoping for some cross training in the garden, but weather may well get in the way:; currently rather damp. And cold. Must be summer.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Glad you made it home OH, 
    What - easy / rest
    Why - 10 miles last night including pyramid session on (long) grass : 200/400/600/800/1k/...200 all with 200 recoveries
    last rest - 04/07
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not sure

• No running yet. Uncomfortable night.
    Challenge for today may be walking to the postbox (0.15 miles) and back.
    I pinched your place on the bench while you were out AH!  ;)
    Last hard: getting out of (shallow) bath.
    Rest days: there will be a few of these!
    Lyrics: don't think so

Hope all is well with you SC
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Take it easy, OH! Do what you would tell a patient to do...or less! 

Decent session, Dustin

Rain has very much stopped play at present. Heating is on again: 14 degrees outside. :/ 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING oops again - all!
    Alehouse heating??? nooooo hope you have a good day, my garden needs me as well!
    DUstin that sounds like a big session!
    emzap what a lunch break you had yesterday, in fact a busy day! What's wrong or been wrong with your eyes?
    LMH amazing running from you

what: hill session later, with oh, tai chi done this moring
    why: back to attempting tai chi everyday, I know it helps
    last hard: last night 
    last rest: 31/12

last night was a 3 miler with work mate which always makes me crank up the speed so its good for me!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, Wabo: heating has come on several times lately! Supposed to be doing some work in daughter's garden as well as mowing my lawns etc. Doubt it will be today! Ironing beckons but not sure that I want to partake! Enjoy the hills!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ale what was the outcome with your telecon yesterday?  Hope you can get into the garden.

OH sounds like you need to take it easy.  Enjoy your walk to the post box :)

I refuse to turn on heating.  In fact, I'm in shorts, just coz it's summer!

What: will do 15 km this evening
    Why: friend wanted a running buddy and it fits with my schedule
    Last hard: sleeping, stupid horsefly 
    Lyrics: nope

Where is LMH this morning?

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I didn't turn the heating on, Emz...it turned itself on as it must have been cool enough to do so! 
    Whilst I will get compensation for the delayed flight I was far from happy with the attitude of the CEO, not least because she handed me over of one of her "executives" who is an expert at dealing with customer problems...i.e. fobbing people off! Basically the plane would not have flown if the captain felt that he was putting anyone in danger, including himself etc etc. Am waiting for the compensation before I take things further!

• I didn't have time to start the thread this morning.

Yesterday's lyric - Thinking Of You by The Colourfield.

Hope you recover quickly OH.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             work stops play and legs needed an easier day
    Last hard:     getting going this morning
    Last rest:       15/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Post box slow walk D&D.
    No other targets for day!

I would assume captain would not usually exit by passenger emergency exits and who knows what pressure was put on him/her by EasyJet.
  • Morning,

Oh glad you are home safe and sound recover well

I hope we hear how SC is doing today:-)

Em: Great news on your eyes and well doe 15km

Wabo: Great job on your run last night

What: 8.20 miles
    Why: Legs they said yes
    Last hard: Nothing is hard at the moment
    Lyrics: Yes

No heating will be turned on here and I was in shorts today first time post injury:-) and no pains at all today I am opting for an easier route with just  1 steep hill the rest are rolling hills but still all good;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Ooops, I forgot to post yesterday :/

OH: Glad the op went OK and you're back home. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Poppy: nice consistent running from you again. Great stuff :+1:

Ale: Hope you win the battle with Sleazyjet. What did the physio think of you running parkrun CPH on the weekend?

Hope the 15k go well, em. Horseflies are evil >:)

Beautiful here. Cold this morning (only 9 degrees) but zero wind which is almost unheard of in these parts. Enjoyed my bike commute :)

Have we heard from SC at all?

Oh, and I hope RFJ stays on his feet ...

What: 15 mile bike commute am done. Looking forward to another 15 in brilliant sunshine this afternoon.
    Why: just a perfect day for it
    Last hard: spin yesterday
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! Stopped raining at lunchtime and now is reasonably sunny so hope to mow the lawns shortly.

Chick: physio and I agreed that the parkrun/walk was not the most sensible thing to do...but she feels that I probably haven't done much, if any, damage. Worked me hard, to my surprise, as I thought I was just going for a review. New leg press exercises plus a variation on squats if I can find the right machine. And then onto the a-g treadmill. 4 miles in 23:45 including 3 x 3/4 mile at sub 5 minute pace with 1/4 mile jog recovery. Shame it was at 75% bodyweight! Will see what reaction there is!

• I guess there's an incentive to lose weight there Alehouse  :)

I'm thinking of trying the bike again after Robin Hood chicksta but that probably means that the weather will be foul.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, shows what a different weight makes, LMH, but not sure that even with losing 25% of my bodyweight would lead to the times I was running today! Did some calculations recently and at 146lbs I am 27.5%  heavier than my lightest racing weight of 114! 

Lawns mowed...or should I say semi-ploughed in the case of the back one, it is that wet! 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    OH good to hear home safe and sound, recover well

Dustin great session

Still too heavy here.....

No post yesterday as was being emabrassed by the pirates (gas heads) of Bristol Rovers in the cup... poor, poor and poor

5.25m worth of fartleks tonight

Take care, wounds are all healing nicely but have some lovely bruises from the two falls last week.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Concentrate on the league, RFJ! Glad everything healing!