Sunday 27th august

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Lyrics :Riding on a big white butterfly
Morning all hope all is good

What 10 miles of road
Why: marathon training
Last hard listening to idiots roaring round my road in a mo ped and trying to sleep
Last rest 31/12
Have a great Sunday all, hope I can sleep
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    That's 10 off road
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Lyrics: indeed. 

What: more gym plus walk a couple of miles to fetch car from a friend's house

Why: all I am allowed

LMH: glad P survived

RFJ: nice parkrunning

Wabo: parkrun? Enjoy the 10.  And the match. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning Night Owls.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Distance by Cake.

Hope you got some sleep Wabo - are you taking your OH with you today?

What:           probably a MLR
    Why:            want to make time to go to the artisan market in Chesterfield
    Last hard:    finding time for life and miles
    Last rest:     15/7

Lyrics - feel I should but can't place them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sounds lovely lmh! Enjoy the market

Wabo sorry to hear about the sleep. Hope you enjoy your ten.

What: maybe a couple of miles but depends if my little 2nd cousin lets me go (he's 2 and rather taken by me!).
    Why: family party so finding time
    Last hard: the m25
    Lyrics: nope

Swim was nice but a little chilly. Oh does it count if I was only in for 3min!

Nice sandy beach too :)

Have a lovely day all
  • Counts if your shoulders are under and your feet are off the ground!
    Envious.
    What: possibly another short walk but being told to cut it back.
    Lyrics: no
  • Good morning everyone and thank you for the concern. Tinternet went awol when I got back from hospital and only just up and running. Joys of living in the sticks. OH, hope you are mending well. Match report:
    What a hoot. 2hours+ in theatre in the wide awake non sedated club lying still with a series of catheters/electrodes inserted through my leg into my heart. Sure they thought they were playing with Scalextric! Amazing how much you learn about what is not known when you hear the questions: why did that happen, should that be doing that, did you capture that, how is this possible? Very re-assuring. Good news: Found the problem. Bad news: couldn't be fixed as they didn't have the right kit on the day. Good news. I get to go again but next time in 3D. Yippee. Got back to the ward and all looked good. Incisions looked all in order, worked my way up to sitting position and stepped onto the ground about three hours after surgery to get ready to go home. Remember the shower scene in Carrie. Whoosh. Back on my back for three more hours just to be sure. I am now writing half an hour of stand up based on Tuesday's experiences. As for my ward fellows 
  • SC: So great to hear you are okay.Bad can not believe they did not have the right kit to fix you!Sorry to hear you have to go back in again and for 3 days this time. :(
    Look forward to hearing the stand up routine:-)

What 5 miles
    Why: because I could
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Not sure so a no:-)

I planned on 4 miles as  feeling tired and was not feeling great yesterday but no my body said we want to run and it ran the fastest post injury which was pleasing and surprising all in one:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OMG SC :o
    can't believe they cut you open abd couldn't fix you - how's that possible??

LMH: Artisan market sounds lovely. Hope you found something nice.

Good mileage, wabo. Stupid idiots on mopeds :s we have lots of idiots in tuned cars. I blame daft movies like Fast and Furious.

Lovely run, poppy

What: 6k walk
    Why: butt sore from biking
    Last hard: the saddle
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to hear from you, SC! All very strange! How all goes to plan next time!

4k walk, largely off road to fetch car: ended up with a blistered heel. Rarely get them when running. Then an hour in the gym.

May or may not be picking daughter up from airport following her holiday in Iceland: currently an hour and a half delay. EasyJet again!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi guys. 3D is three dimensional...they need a computer and full 360 to "Find the hot spot". Chicksta...assumption was one problem but turned out to be slightly more difficult to get to the one diagnosed during the procedure and different equipment required.  Off out for a stroll to pick some blackberries. I hear a crumble calling!
  • good to hear from you SC - sorry they couldn't fix you. Do you have a date for round two?

Nice when that happens Poppy.

Another glorious day here, would have been nice to stay out for a long run but I was good. Unfortunately market was disappointing.

Don't set yourself back OH.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    My friend totally smashed her IM today - 13:02. Wow. A 4:37 marathon in 30 degrees at the end of an IM is quite something :+1:

• Sorry to hear about delay SC. Excellent report! ;)
    My own "patient journey" was glassy smooth in comparison, discharge only (self) delayed by feeling a little light headed.

Another 5k walk today accompanied by Els and unaided by analgesia.

NZ plans slowly coming together. Realising limitations; even with 4w away, I can't see all of NZ unless I want to spend it all inside a bus and not spend any of it with my daughter. Even if I could get easily to far south, the classic Milford Sound "tramp" is fully booked for 2017/18.
    Don't appear to be any significant running races during my stay. :(
    Flying to Nelson (South Island) but returning from Auckland. Making my way back via Tongariro National Park then Northlands during last week.
    lyrics: no