Wednesday 6th September 2017 - Turn around

Morning.

Lyrics - Turn around
             Look at what you see

It was just a short and easy for me in the rain yesterday and it will be the same today - though hopefully in the dry.

Recovery seems to be progressing well OH.

What:           short and easy
Why:            tired, counting down, trying to do a little less this week, work
Last hard:    deciding what to do for the best
Last rest:     15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Eat It by Weird Al Yankovic.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning LMH

What: maybe a gentle 10km
    Why: tired.  Got home late and still recovering from last week.
    Last hard: generally everything at the moment though legs are definitely feeling like they are recovering well.
    Lyrics: no

Hope you stay dry LMH.  Was so wet here last night I ended up getting a taxi for a mile.  Would have been soaked in 1 min if I hadn't though.  The rain was even coming through the closed train windows!

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Managed to get soaked three times yesterday! Forecast is to stay dry today and hopefully there will be some cricket. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be dire though.

What: fitness suite, concentrating on putting weight through the Achilles

Why: ask the physio!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning
    Well it's been quite mild here, indeed yesterday evening threatened rain but instead remained dry and very balmy...

what - easy lunchtime miles
    why - recovery: 5x1km on grass with some inclines yesterday
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yep

• Morning. All quiet on the South Wales Front. Not up too much as still in limbo. Will be lurking and trust all are well/well on the road to recovery.  Lyrics: Nope
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    No date yet, I take it, SC?

Supposed to be off to cricket but it is pouring yet again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We had some torrential rain go through yesterday too emzap - it was like being in a car wash at one point. Lovely for my run this morning though.

I hope you get a date soon SC.

Stuck in a windowless room so no idea of the weather now but I don't think it would stretch to balmy - enjoy the sunny south Dustin.

We are forecast more rain tomorrow Alehouse but not until the afternoon. Any reaction to yesterday's run?
  • No reaction to yesterday, LMH, and have worked the Achilles hard this morning. Feel as if I am getting somewhere! Haven't got to cricket yet although they have just started playing: the 13 degree temperature with a breeze is not a very attractive proposition as yet. Will be going for the post-lunch session, hopefully.
  • Miserable here too. Guess that was it with summer this year then. Ho-hum. It's still pretty warm but just grey and wet. Got soaked on my way to the gym and again on the way to work.

Sounds promising, ale!

Hope you get a date soon, SC.

Glad you could run in the dry, LMH.

What: gym routine (it changes weekly - I was given a detailed plan with exercises). This week is resistance band work. Oh, and I did some serious barbell deadlifts too. Getting the hang of those eventually. Sucks to be in the corner with the beefcakes though.
    Why: the long road back to recovery
    Last hard: not laughing at the grunting beefcakes >:)
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: yes
  • Good news Alehouse.

You have been so good with your gym work and exercises chicksta, I really hope that you reap the rewards.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Having a lovely time in crete, not really easy for running where we are but we've measured out a safe road along the beach that measures 1 mile so it's up and down that! I ran the beach one day but found it really hard.
    Alehouse glad to see progress for you
    Lmh hope the short and easy was good
    Emzap and your 10k
    Chick hope that road gets shorter
    Sc hope for a date soon
    My streak is intact, how I don't know!!
    What 3 miles in the heat thIs morning
    Why about as much as I can manage
    Last hard that was
    Last rest still 31/12

Lovely holiday in episkopi, feet and legs had a lovely thai massage this meeting on the beach
    Take care all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    All sounds good, Wabo!

Managed to go to the cricket...and it was cold: breezy but not wet. Around 14 degrees plus quite a wind-chill factor saw people sitting with hats or hoods...and gloves. Floodlights on all day, of course!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Went for a walk at lunchtime and have decided to be sensible.  No run rest instead.  Want to stay away from that bench.
  • I thought I had posted today...oops

SC: You are in my thoughts as I wind down and hope you get a date soon!

EM: Stay away from that bench you get splinters in your bottom:-)

What: 5 mile
    Why: easing down and because I can
    Last hard: How warm the weather was at 10am /easing down for Lake V
    lyrics: No
    Last rest day: 16/08
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression