Saturday 9th September 2017 - I don't think that it's gonna rain again today

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't think that it's gonna rain again today

That sounds very useful Alehouse. How is it this morning?

Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy Lake V Poppy.

Never mind the hunger monster emzap - the sleep one seems to have you in his clutches at the moment.

Enjoy parkrun SC.

Show the youngsters how it's done at the relays Dustin.

What:          MLR with P
Why:           he asked if we could do one more before he tapers for Robin Hood Half
Last hard:   contemplating the taper
Last rest:    15/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Em: I am looking forward to Lake V it will be a hard run but fun at the same time!

LMH: Thanks I will do:-)

What: 4 miles
    Why: Lake V
    Last hard: I think tomorrow:-)
    lyrics: Yes
    Last rest 16/08
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yes indeed lmh. Another 9 hours slept last night and wow do I feel better this morning!

What: travel to friend's in preparation for Bacchus half tomorrow
    Why: easier to get to from her house
    Last hard: making the decision to be sensible and not parkrun
    Lyrics: nope

Glad you're looking forwards to it wp. Sounds like a beautiful course.

Sc enjoy tail walking

Good luck all parkrunners and racers
  • Morning!

Lyrics yesterday were "Substitute", The Who.

Lyrics: no, and definitely wrong given that it is pouring here and likely to remain that way.

What: fitness suite, concentrating on weight through the Achilles. 

Why: following instructions

Enjoy your races tomorrow, EmzWP. And the relay Dustin, the parkrun SC...and anyone else pinning a number on or running around a park.

Achilles groaning a little this morning, but that's true most mornings. Walking round the supermarket shortly will give me a better idea of how it is!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lyrics wrong for here this morning as it turned out too Alehouse though fortunately it didn't start in earnest until the last few miles of our run.

Enjoy Bacchus emzap. I'm assuming you aren't running for a time.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • So wet here that some of the Uni all weather pitches were flooded and the first matches of the day were postponed! Worked hard in the fitness suite  (over-looking the pitches which resembled a lake at first) on leg presses particularly. Slight sore patch on one calf which I think is from some severe foam rolling.

Think Emz will be going for a time per glass.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    5k loop and ~400m swim done
    Getting going again
    Lyrics not today

Enjoy Lake Vyrnwy Poppy, one of these years I will make it. You too, emzap, at Bacchus.

Raining here too but not continually.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Time per glass sounds like a good idea Ale :tongue:

Very wet here as well...
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Time per glass :D I like :)

Go well em and poppy.

Well done at the gym, ale. That alter g thing looks like something to train astronauts ;)

Good going post op, OH.

We were contemplating the parkrun road show tomorrow but it's a bit far plus there's two nasty bits of roadworks en route causing massive tailbacks especially on weekends. I'm waiting for Hamburg to get one.

What: 3 miles run/walk plus resistance band work
    Why: wanted to/need to
    Last rest: 5/8
    Last hard: the resistance band work is - looking forward to a new batch of exercises tomorrow.
    Lyrics: vaguely familiar but can't really put my finger on it
  • plus another 3 miles
  • Hiya
    Good luck WP tomorrow, you too Emz.
    what - 4 miles easy
    why - stretch the legs, plus timekeeping at the track today. Finals day for the juniors, and I was chief timekeeper. Weather hugely unpredictable with sunshine, then torrential down pours. Never known an enforced suspension on the track before (during the hurdles) so was pleased we only over ran by around 20 minutes.
    last rest - 7 days
    last hard - Tuesday (or staying dry today)

lyric - think so, yes
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    DOH - posted this over on Fridays wall... don't know why....

Hi all,

just back from a busy day, Andover Parkrun with Jnr then off to the cottage for football.

Ran the first mile conservatively so I thought with Jnr and clock a 6:40 oops.. followed by a 6:46 and a 6:42 plus the last bit for a unexpected 20:39, calf held up well which was good. And was good to catch up with all our old friends from Andover Parkrun. Good warm up and cool down too.

Footy was good too, ref wasn't :-) but we got a 1-1 draw against the leaders.

Take care all