Sunday 10th September 2017 - Everyday of my life until forever

Morning.

Lyrics - Everyday of my life until forever

Go well racers and enjoy.

I've created a monster - P wants to know if we can run together again this week and he's applied for a charity place for London!

What:             short and easy
Why:              I'm tapering:-(
Last hard:      wondering if we're going to be able to go on holiday in three weeks (Florida) first world problem I know
Last rest:       15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - An End Has A Start by Editors.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Go well all racers Em and Dustin

Settled in well yesterday so a nice easy start to the day but the weather looks awful heavy rain and winds:-( Oh well never mind:-)

What:Lake V
    Why: The time of year and my favorite race
    Last hard: I think today
    Lyrics: Nope
    Last rest 16/08
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: fitness suite

Why: got to do something whilst waiting for all the race reports to come in! Go well everyone!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • See how day goes ...
    Heavy rain forecast all day
    lyrics no

Go Poppy Go
    Down emzap Down ;)
  • :smiley:

Hope our racers go well.

Whereabouts in Florida, LMH? Keeping my fingers crossed Irma is not creating too much havoc. Americans are pragmatic and great at organising and rebuilding.
    You have P well and truly hooked ;)

What: 2 hours on the bike. Cold and foggy but nice.
    Why: I like early Sunday mornings when no-one is out.
    Last hard: the New batch of exercises
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no

• Just about where it's currently due to hit land chicksta - Madeira Beach, near Clearwater. Definitely cooler here this morning, I went out in long sleeves for the first time in ages though the rain held off fortunately.
  • Be safe LMH. Enjoy LV despite conditions WP...I'll be with you every step of the way.
    parkrun yesterday was interesting. Wasn't sure if I could physically or mentally do it. Achilles would be an easy cop out. Ran a gentle 28 something and head played tricks all the way round. Slight blip after the finish but calmed down after. Didn't realise havoc the op had played with my head wondering what if anything might be the effects of a couple of hours poking around the engine! Achilles held up better than my head but now onwards and upwards. Lots of stretching today and no negative impact on lower limb so rest today and jog on firm surface tomorrow. I could be on the way back to normality :-)
    Ale: Enjoy the suite. OH hope you get a break in the weather
    Lyrics: No
  • Really pleased to hear that you're feeling better on all counts SC.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

easy 7.25m this morning, calf tight but ok

Easy SC, well done

Take care all
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    SC: The conditions were horrid torrential rain up to mile 12 flooding on road etc But I thought of you and you kept me going:-)

Nothing much to report ran to feel and listening to my body first 4 miles were good then it started to get harder knees kicked in at mile 8, by mile 10 I had to stop stretch and run slower, mile 11 calf was aching so more stretching.Some mad marshals at mile 11 shout screaming and high fiving us perked me up.Then I see sign for mile 12 so hammer down and was a fast mile on a par with first 4 miles and plenty in the tank. Job done I knew it would not be near my PB last year so hoped it would be near my slowest Lake v time 2.12 but sadly 2.19 and my garmin had the course short 12.99 miles. Did I enjoy it yes I did I was smiling in the rain:-) was it a hard run it sure was.
    Two things kept me going SC and no way I was going to walk and report back that Ihad done so,so thank:-)

The cottage we are staying at was 3/4 mile from start and finish it was perfect no 10 +hours(with comfort stops)travelling up and back in a day.Next year we will stay for a week as seems all to quickly we have to pack up to go home:-(

EM: I hope you had better weather and enjoyed the drinking;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Evening all,
    I know, I'm a rare bird in these parts. Still, I think of you all often, and today is a really good day to break silence, and write.  Really good to see so many names I know still here.

What: Grunty Fen on Ice.  Son 1 and his wife are mainstream hashers, and the St. Radegund hash is very welcome to hangers on.  In that capacity I ran my first half marathon distance in many years.  

It would have to be something like this - a small closed run, with lots of good entertainment (lunch) laid on afterwards, and someone willing to follow me round (in spite of staggered starts which allowed me to start half an hour before the speedier ones) once I was last on the course.

I did it.  According to schedule, up to 9 miles. Bang on the 15 minute miling that I had predicted. Then the cramps - ham, calf, front of leg, feet, you name it it cramped. With the ham cramps there is nothing for it but to bow down low and wait.  That all took a lot of time, and by 11 miles it was clear that any attempt to run would generate a return of cramp within 50 metres.  So we walked home.  We - included Mr. S., and the magnificent.  I didn't bother to look at the time.

This is a prelude to the A event next weekend - the Mourne Mountain Marathon, partnered by my amazing and wonderful and generous d-i-l. Aim: to get round, perhaps missing a few checkpoints, as necessary.  It's a retirement 65 birthday sort of thing, fantasyland. Crazy, a DNF is a likely outcome, but not the only possible one. 

Getting there, they say is half the fun.  It has been a year when even getting there has been much in doubt. The indications have all been at the "well, could wish the indications were better, but it's worth a try. This last effort has been the final test.  Not the time, but how I felt afterwards, and the recovery.  Tomorrow will tell, but early indications are it is all systems go!

Now to read back.

• Well done WP. Very hard to get a good time in such conditions. Yes, stopping, stretching, running slower, not going to be a time that will bring joy, but the consequences of doing otherwise - even less joy.

SC - not sure exactly what's been going on, but yes, poking the engine messes up the head.  If I read you right, have been trying to encourage a friend whose engine has just been poked, getting the head right not at all easy.

LMH - scary. Keep safe. I had nodding acquaintance with a number of hurricanes in my youth. We were all fine, a little adventure, that's all, but the first visit to Great Falls park following the hurricane where concrete and steel footbridges (that replaced wooden ones that had stood for 50 years) had been tied in pretzel knots and planted a few hundred yards downstream was, sobering, and an enduring lesson that hurricanes are not to be messed with.

Alehouse, OH, Chicksta and all- great to see you,

Shall wing through later to collect later reports :-)!
  • Great to hear from you Stickless! Will reply more fully tomorrow but am off for Friday's drink at the alehouse! (Friday's drinking companion was away). Onwards and upwards!

And well toughed out WP!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.