Tuesday 12th September 2017 She grabs her magazines

Morning.

Lyrics - She grabs her magazines

What:           short and easy with P
Why:            he seems to like the company
Last hard:    looking at the weather forecast for later (wind warning)
Last rest:     15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Tears And Rain by James Blunt.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Enjoy your run with P, LMH!

Hope you survived the long run, Wabo...and you didn't get too wet!

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: back to work during the day

Achilles seems at least reasonable this morning; however the calf above it is protesting a little.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well I wimped out of running club last night.  Torrential rain and wind.  Did core instead

What: hopefully a run today
    Why: I wimped out yesterday
    Last hard: fighting that tiredness
    Lyrics: yes.

Sounds like you're improving Ale :)

Enjoy your run with P LMH.

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning 
    Wabo - yay , top work on the win!

what - a new experience for me: I'm coaching the junior sprint group owing to a coach crisis this week (courses,work and holiday mean they are scraping the barrel). It will likely be 50s and 150s rather than anything form based.
    why - see above.
    I'm hoping to get a few easy miles in before & after
    last rest - yesterday in the end, didn't get out from work and had committee meeting in the evening that dragged on towards 9:30...
    last hard - staying awake last night...

Thanks for the kind words with Sunday's race, maybe one final 5k blast before XC season?

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    lmh enjoy your short and easy
    dustin, busy bday! yes to 5k blast! Thanks btw, chuffed, move up a category next year I'll be the young one ha ha 
    emzap last night was a wimping out sort of a night, I know what you mean!
    alehouse, I decided to do a nice 5.5 hilly loop and accept that I have missed one long run due to holiday, my body doesnt feel the need to go mad right now lol.  Hope the fitness suite goes well
    lyrics no

Does anyone know about SVT on here and should you run or can you run?  Not me, my daughter :-(

what: couple of miles with work pal later
    why: company would be nice
    last hard: last night albeit really enjoyable
    last rest: 31/12

tired today!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • wabo: isn't SVT what Straycelt is suffering from and what the op was supposed to fix?

Dustin: Good job on the coaching work.

Ale: fingers crossed for the continued recovery

What: a bizarre new 45min circuit class called ShockWave, which involves a contraption called a water rower. The other stations are your usual circuit stuff which you have to do for as long as it takes the person on the rower to finish 200m.
    Why: they cancelled my spin class :angry: - too old school apparently
    Last hard: I'm seriously crap at rowing, so this was
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    10 km done at lunch.  Hoping to do another 4 this afternoon on the way to the shops.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh I did wonder chick.  Well my daughter has been told that she can have an ablation but doesn't want to. So at the moment we just wait till it happens again. 
  • Never heard of a water rower chicksta - and didn't know that spin was old fashioned!

I'm sure the juniors will enjoy whatever you decide to inflict on them Dustin:-)

Don't blame you for wimping out emzap.

Wabo - yes you can run with SVT. OH and Donaldo both have it too. Why does she not want the ablation?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I really don't know I need to talk more about it but her first baby had a heart problem so I guess she feels worried because of that.  She'd just rather leave it alone :-(
  • As per my worthy forumites notes above, yes, you can run with SVT, it can be managed. As I have another wee issue it's better for me to get this sorted out and conversation with hospital today leads me to believe slim chance, but still a chance, of a cancellation imminently but if not by end of November. Success rates for ablation are generally high 90's and risk factor minimal although never 100% risk free.
    4.17 miles, 38 mins, mild discomfort, no adverse reaction (yet) from Hector's opponent. :-)
  • Great news on both counts SC. Fingers crossed it's much sooner rather than later.
  • My SVTs have only ever occured at rest and can be quickly terminated by Valsalva (holding nose and attempting to blow out). On no treatment and ablation never suggested. Running seems to be beneficial (less episodes).

What: run, swim, fly
    Why: steadily building up 5.6 miles today. Waiting to board plane to Manchester (direct via Glasgow)
    Last evening's run in wind and rain was hard.
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Good to hear SC

some good trg / core and coaching, Wabo / Dustin / OH / SC / Emzap / Chicksta / Ale and LMH, nice going all.

Intervals for me 1-2-3-3-2-1 mins of 1 min rec (4.88m)

looking forwards tomorrow as our daughter is coming up and she has started running regularly and trg for the GSR in October, so will be doing a couple of sessions with her

Take care