Options

Adidas Adizero - Adios, Boston or Tempo?

Scott DScott D ✭✭✭

I'm on search for my next shoes and I have to admit I've not yet tried any variations of the Adidas Boost technology.

I currently run in New Balance 1500v1, 1400v3 and Vazee Pace but both the 1500v2 and 1400v3 are at the end of their days.  All 3 have 300+ miles but the Vazee Pace still look and feel in very good condition so these will be my go-to trainers for every day mileage.

I am keen to give the Adidas Adizero Boost ago but the various forms confuse me and I can't make up my mind.

What is the difference between the:

- Adidas Adizero Tempo

- Adidas Adizero Adios 3

- Adidas Adizero Boston 6

These will become my race shoes and probably my marathon shoe for next year so long as I get on with them and feel that they can last - if they don't last but I put in good mileage I'm happy to just buy another pair next year leading up to the marathon.

Any advise on these trainers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

Comments

• Options

For some context the prices I am looking at are:

£60.00 (from £100) Adidas Adizero Tempo

£76.90 (from £110) Adidas Adizero Adios 3

£83.00 (from £110) Adidas Adizero Boston 6

I like a good deal too so value for money is quite important but I think the Boston 6 looks the best of the 3! ;-) 

• Options

Had all 3 before - didn't get on with the Bostons that well (so long ago, can't remember why!)

Tempo - had a few. Good for rep sessions, but its best 'performance' was getting me round the Berlin marathon without too much grief. Light, but enough cushioning for 10 miles/half and full marathons

Adios are great though. Good for longer races (I go for flats 10k and under) and brilliant for road reps, a kind of what we called 'racer/trainer'.

Adios the best for me.

• Options

Adios is the one I've been leaning towards to be honest and agree that I will probably look to buy a racing flat for up to 10k and for tempo runs of similar distance.

Cheers for the response.

• Options
    Does anyone have any experience with the Adidas Adistar ESM boost? I've been wearing them for about 3 years, have got through about 5 pairs, but they seem to have discontinued. Anyone know what might give me similar support? I tried the Boston boost mentioned above and after one run I was out for a while with what felt like plantar fasciitis symptoms. Guessing I need more support?