Correct cyclist vs runner road/lane behaviour.

Comments

• Given your comments earlier in the thread Colin, I assume that you'd like to define 'dangerous behaviour' as simply 'being there' should the pedestrian break into a run?
  •  Walking along a public road without due care and attention? 

Wilfully strolling with your back to oncoming traffic?

Mind you, you'd think with evolution, people who live in the countryside, and have no choice but to walk along roads, would have died out years ago!
  • I'm not sure what your point is, Reg.

The sub text Colin is about the rights of non car drivers on the road. Was it really too subtle?

I wouldn't hold your breath re your letter Colin, there's a good chance they think you're a berk too.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Reg Wand said:
    I wouldn't hold your breath re your letter Colin, there's a good chance they think you're a berk too.
    Any party that regards J Rees-Mogg as a viable PM will be more than fine with Colin. There's a chance he'll get a job at the Dept for Transport.

These pedestrian laws Colin, would some of this stuff not be covered by existing legislation? I don't think pedestrians/runners have the legal indemnity you imagine.
  • The Stevenage driver was guilty of irresponsible and aggressive driving. That road looks amply wide enough for a pedestrian and a vehicle.

I do agree though that pedestrians (running or walking) should be liable if they walk in the road where there is a pavement, or don't pay any attention (headphones/phones).
    I may be in the right legally if I'm running, facing traffic, but that counts for nothing if the car doesn't see me, so it's a case of being responsible. His half tonne plus of metal trumps my 75kilos or largely water.
    But as I've said many times, there are useless pedestrians, cyclists and car drivers, and a bit more all round responsibility and thought wouldn't go amiss.

• Nice article. White bloke over 60 in the UK is a bit of a t**t. Most likely a Tory voting Brexiteer. Hardly news.

Hang on..was it Colin?

• CC82CC82 ✭✭✭
    Holy shit.  This thread is amazing.

I remember Colin from a rant about a runner not getting out of his way despite him shouting and swearing at him to move over.  The runner did actually get out of his way in plenty of time and Colin didn't even have to slow down on his bike.  Still, what was the dirty bastard doing even being in his periphery vision in the first place?

Colin - you are still a complete wanker with zero grasp of common sense, common decency, or the law.  (I'm a lawyer by the way).
  • Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Dustin said:
    The Stevenage driver was guilty of irresponsible and aggressive driving. That road looks amply wide enough for a pedestrian and a vehicle.

I do agree though that pedestrians (running or walking) should be liable if they walk in the road where there is a pavement, or don't pay any attention (headphones/phones).
    I may be in the right legally if I'm running, facing traffic, but that counts for nothing if the car doesn't see me, so it's a case of being responsible. His half tonne plus of metal trumps my 75kilos or largely water.
    But as I've said many times, there are useless pedestrians, cyclists and car drivers, and a bit more all round responsibility and thought wouldn't go amiss.

That Stevenage road is very windy and a number of the car drivers have no thought for what might be round the next bend. I was nearly hit by a 4x4 and the driver stopped and said "I'm sorry, I didn't expect to see anyone running along here." Which kind of gives but you an idea of the level of intelligence of some car owners. Large Roe deer roam the fields and often leap out into the road. Add combine harvesters and tractors and it can get a bit mad. Several cars have been written off along there.

I was also nearly hit by a cyclist who had his head down going for a Strava segment. 
  • Thanks Tim, as I said 'looks' as in the image on the link.
    That sounds like many near me. Yes the limit is 60, but you can't tell what is round the corner. 
    Seen a Corsa written off by a deer before now. 
    I've startled pedestrians and dog owners before on footpaths/trails who have used that "I didn't expect to see anyone running along here" line.
    No sh*t, a biped on a footpath, who'd have thought it...

• But surely this Stevenage example is not a good one: we are discussing risks and accidents, not deliberate attempts to harm someone.
    If we really want to look at everyone's responsibility, after the first incident, it sits squarely with the driver who came back to try to hit the runner. Or am I missing something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Laurent D said:
    But surely this Stevenage example is not a good one: we are discussing risks and accidents, not deliberate attempts to harm someone.
    If we really want to look at everyone's responsibility, after the first incident, it sits squarely with the driver who came back to try to hit the runner. Or am I missing something?

Colin McLaughlin said:
    Runners who run on roads are selfish idiotic unthinking dickheads. They are a nuisance and cause accidents and deserve to be hit and run over for their stupidity. (And then of course they'll try and blame the motorist. They won't have any insurance themselves, so they'll try and claim off the motorist's insurance, and/or get the motorist prosecuted for daring to mow them down.)
    Colin regards runners as "fair game" on the road so doesn't really distinguish between accidents, reckless driving and deliberately trying to kill someone.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Haven't been on here for a while. Might become a regular again, because this has really brightened my day.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Beyond the odd YouTube clip and hard-done-by Kipling quote Colin doesn't want to play anymore. Boo. But more unravelling batshittery can be enjoyed here https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussion/202080/road-running/p1
  • Ha !! Had forgotten that thread , comedy gold :D
    Also have to find an excuse to use " batshittery " in an e-mail tommorrow ...
  • ScreamapillarScreamapillar ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I think Colin sees himself as some sort of "alpha cyclist". I can see him standing in front of the mirror, in his lycra, flexing his muscles in the style of Bruce Willis in "Friends". :D
  • Once you find these things during you endless trawling of the web, do you post it here first and then play with yourself or is it the other way around?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Once you find these things during you endless trawling of the web, do you post it here first and then play with yourself or is it the other way around?
    I think he rolls the photos up and inserts them in his vagina.
  • I think I've cracked it.

Colin is a ghost and he is haunting us.

This picture is where he came a cropper, he is trying to warn us from beyond the grave. 
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Is it one of those "spot the differences" comps?
    Or a confession?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Has Colin been deleted?

• What a travesty. He actually wrote something on my RW wall, I didn't know there was such a thing, it was something about me looking like an arsehole. I am guessing that he made similar flirtations elsewhere to less welcoming recipients.

• RIP Colin, a true comic genius... You will be sadly missed...... in an odd kind of way!
  • HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    Best poster on here. My heart skipped a beat everytime I saw there was a new post from Colin. He'll be missed.