Trump

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Interesting that the guy was sacked for using the type of language commonly used by posters of this thread as regards Trump.

I suppose that doesn't count.

🙂

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    No RicF, doesn't really count as no one gives a flying F*ck what we say, we're just a bunch of nobodies on an obscure forum wittering away to each other's amusement.

It's a bit different if you're head of White House communications and effing and blinding to the world at large - then people might actually notice and object.
  • It doesn't seem to be working out so well for Trump-promoting Caitlyn Jenner does it? The only minority group Trump cares about is multi millionaires.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    senidM said:
    No RicF, doesn't really count as no one gives a flying F*ck what we say, we're just a bunch of nobodies
    This isn't doing my self esteem any good.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Nobodies perhaps. Insignificant not so.

Scaramocci! For him it's all over. He's revealed himself in full to the world. We don't like him.

The successful are only that way because of the approval of the masses. Sure they have choices, but they have to stick to some rules and standards. If they transgress after having advantages bestowed upon them. We take them back.

Some people think they are invincible. It's a delusion.

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    RicF said:The successful are only that way because of the approval of the masses. Sure they have choices, but they have to stick to some rules and standards. If they transgress after having advantages bestowed upon them. We take them back.
    At 71, after a lifetime of advantage and transgressing rules and standards Donald Trump is currently president of the United States. Rewarded by privilege and the masses.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Trump's transgressed rules and standards, amount so far detected, to silly stuff. Not enough to bring him down.

For that we (well not me personally) need proof of crime, such as murder, child molestation, fraud, or worst of all; in the USA at least, intentionally damaging someones automobile.

The masses don't mind Trump kicking off or kicking arse, so long as it isn't them. He'll be gone as soon as he betrays them or lets slip he regards them as something between a means to an end and jerks.

No evidence of that.

That's Scaramocci's mistake. His insult covered everyone he deemed less important than he thought he was. 
    Odds on some lawyer will now be hell bent of removing the guys wealth. No doubt his ex wife is first in the queue. He won't have a pot to piss in if there's any justice.

🙂

• stu1970stu1970 ✭✭✭
    You'd think his supporters would have started to have thoughts about being taken for a ride already. He banged on and on about locking up Hillary during the campaign but as soon as he won said he'd leave her alone. The wall, another thing he went on about, hasn't exactly been a central plank of his policy so far.
    The fact that any working class person could look at him and believe this guy is going to stand up for me is beyond belief anyway.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Having a hubristic idiot, obsessed with portrayals of strength so juvenile as to be comical, disinterested to the point of sociopathic in the consequences of his actions on the world, in control of America's military toy box may be about to get soberingly unfunny. As Trump spews out inflammatory militaristic rhetoric I just hope that Washington and the military hierarchy have him distracted and isolated from any meaningful sphere of influence on the issue of N Korea. Trump cannot handle a crisis. He is a crisis.
  • stu1970stu1970 ✭✭✭
    The joke about how can you trust someone so thin-skinned with the nuclear button doesn't seem so funny any more.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Barely a day goes by that doesn't reveal a serious transgression or statement/action of callous stupidity. In any given week something happens that would previously have defined a presidents whole tenure. Now critical events come and go in days, replaced by the next degradation. From nothing to seriously touting a nuclear attack and triggering the biggest international conflict since WW2 in just 3 days. Business as usual, the fucking idiot.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Bored with nuclear war now. New out of the Trump America clown car this week: an impromptu threat to invade Venezuela. Next out, here come the resurgent KKK and far right marching and driving into crowds of protesters. WH condemnation of white supremacist violence? Don't be silly. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Or more precisely one dead and nineteen injured of the other - but they were being provocatively anti-Nazis. 
  • Not sure how, or if, he envisages being remembered after his passing but at the moment I reckon he's on the path to an unmarked grave. He has routinely ignored attacks on Muslims and Mosques but If he can't call this out for what it is then he is clearly giving white supremacists his approval. Even a pres with nous would find it hard to come back from that.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    We go from threatening preemptive use of nuclear weapons one week to being equivocal about neo-Nazis' the next. And then the next thing. I don't think this damages him any more than anything else. Trump is by all accounts incapable of governing. But I don't think he's in office to do the job. I don't think his support cares if he can do the job, or what the job of president is. He got elected as a cultural totem. That growing culture of resentment at not having the unfettered whiphand, the resentment at not having the right to unchallenged dominance, the inability to cope and compete with diversity, liberalism, science or anything that confronts rather than panders, all that regressive nonsense cultivated and exploited over the years will not disappear with Trump. Trump's just the ugly surface lump of a body politic riddled with cancer.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It's been a while. NFL to Puerto Rico and now a proper mass shooting to chew over. Trump and the political right on the inevitable ensuing gun debate is going to be a spectacle.

After the event the accepted national narrative has be "there's nothing obvious in the man's background or character that could have predicted this". It demonstrates America's blind malaise with guns that seeking to own an arsenal of long range rapid fire military assault rifles doesn't in and of itself wave red flags.
  • u.s. politics sad:-(
  • Hoping Manafort sings like a canary and takes them all down! 
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Trump can't survive. In one sense he acts as an impulsive prick; which appealed to an electorate which identified with as much. In another if he had transformed himself into a dignified statesman on gaining office, he would have been outed as a fraud.
    Seems he's taken the middle ground.
    Both.

🙂

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    These are the basis for Trump's terror attack assessments:

• The latest terrorist attack in NY was driven by a violent political ideology, hence it is by definition terrorism. The Las Vegas attack appears to have no motive, hence it is not terrorism. Skin colour has nothing to do with it, to suggest otherwise is plain wrong. Unfortunately many on both ends of the political spectrum fail to see this.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I think that's the point of the previous post.
    The joke is trying to suggest how stupid Trump is.

Here he is unloading.
    Pity the poor sod who has to change his nappy.

🙂

• ScreamapillarScreamapillar ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mr Worry said:
    The latest terrorist attack in NY was driven by a violent political ideology, hence it is by definition terrorism. The Las Vegas attack appears to have no motive, hence it is not terrorism. Skin colour has nothing to do with it, to suggest otherwise is plain wrong. Unfortunately many on both ends of the political spectrum fail to see this.
    While this is true, the perception that crimes committed by white Americans  mean less to Trump (and others) than those committed by Muslims from overseas are borne out by his reactions. Apparently nothing can be done to stop another  Stephen Paddock - who shot hundreds - but Sayfullo Saipov kills 8 with a truck and Trump is literally screaming for extreme vetting and the death penalty.

He has also had very little to say about Heather Heyer's white supremacist murderer.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    He's reacted similarly by describing today's events in Texas a "mental health problem".
  • He has indeed.

Ultimately, the fact that men, in increasing numbers, seem to be taking out their rage on the public at large is a societal problem that goes beyond race or religion. 

My own theory is that it's basically "nobodies" wanting to be "somebodies" but why they feel they have no value is a deeper problem. 

I may have said this before but maybe mankind really is programmed to have a war every 60 years or so because it makes some people feel useful, important, focused, gets rid if aggression, brings home the reality/finality of death etc.

I don't know. If so it's pretty fucked up  :'(
  • Screams. Looking at the statistics the murder rate in the USA has been falling since the 1990s. So your analysis is wrong, the US is now a lot safer than it has been.
  • A woman got the sack for sticking her middle finger up at Trump!. Whatever happened to free speech?? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/06/woman-fired-showing-donald-trump-middle-finger-motorcade-passed/
  • I think she could argue unfair dismissal - she wasn't on company time. Quite a few people stuck the finger up at Trump yesterday though!

With mass shootings the rate is more or less the same, the deaths are increasing. But I think suicide attacks may be part of the same trend - they tend to play out the same way. A criticism of many Jihadists is that they don't actually know much about Islam. Is it really religion that motivates them or is it just a big, nihilistic  "fuck off" to the world?

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Interesting article giving an insight into the mindset of Trump voters:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/08/donald-trump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

An extract:

Next to Bala was a gray-haired man who told me he voted for Trump and was happy so far because “he’s kept his promises.”

I asked which ones.

“Border security.” But there’s no wall yet. “No fault of his,” the man said.

What else? “Getting rid of Obamacare.” But he hasn’t. “Well, he’s tried to.”

What else? “Defunding Planned Parenthood.” But he didn’t. “Not his fault again,” the man said.